Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
let me start off that I suck at electrical. I find my out of the barn if the door was wide open lol.

ok. I bought new OTR switches. There 4 prong switches. I had 5 prong cheep Carlinhos before and I figured that I didn’t need the extra jumper for the ground so I’m good there. That said, my diagram fromOTR says #10 is to the dash circuit. My old wiring for that was to a 12v fused off my secondary battery. That’s not powering up my lower lights to the switches. We’re can I hook that up to to come on when I turn my headlights on?

now the most bezzar thing is when I turn my headlight switch on, key off, I’m getting the dog lights on and flashing. WTF is happening there? Never had that before? Is it my true isolator? my secondary battery is new this year, my old one lasted since 16’ this bugger is dead. There is nothing running on it but a volt meeter and has always been like that. Here’s a pic of the diagram and a vidga of the dash thing. Any insite to help my exploding mind in these things would help.
thank you.

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
let me start off that I suck at electrical. I find my out of the barn if the door was wide open lol.

ok. I bought new OTR switches. There 4 prong switches. I had 5 prong cheep Carlinhos before and I figured that I didn’t need the extra jumper for the ground so I’m good there. That said, my diagram fromOTR says #10 is to the dash circuit. My old wiring for that was to a 12v fused off my secondary battery. That’s not powering up my lower lights to the switches. We’re can I hook that up to to come on when I turn my headlights on?

now the most bezzar thing is when I turn my headlight switch on, key off, I’m getting the dog lights on and flashing. WTF is happening there? Never had that before? Is it my true isolator? my secondary battery is new this year, my old one lasted since 16’ this bugger is dead. There is nothing running on it but a volt meeter and has always been like that. Here’s a pic of the diagram and a vidga of the dash thing. Any insite to help my exploding mind in these things would help.
thank you.
View attachment 194780
Definitely have a back feed issue I've heard of it but never seen it think it has something to do with what wire you tapped on fuse box ,and @ Hondasxs makes a plug for head lights wire that will turn Accessory on

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Definitely have a back feed issue I've heard of it but never seen it think it has something to do with what wire you tapped on fuse box ,and @ Hondasxs makes a plug for head lights wire that will turn Accessory on
The only thing /fuse I’m tapped into is the fuse used per the instructions for the turn signals that I bought over the winter from @Hondasxs . The other area I’m tapped into is a wire under the dash from back in16’ I was told to for power to something? I’d have to look. Everything has been fine till now. I’ve looked the stuff over 50 times and traced. I think I’m seeing double and missing something lol

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have anything on 10

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Do you have anything on 10
Sorry my rambling in the first post stated, easy to miss with all the info.
yes, it’s hooked up to my12v power and fused off of my secondary battery. That needs to come off and go to a key on power wire.

the reason it was that way was for my old switches

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So when you take it off it's good?
Actually, what happened as I was fiddle farting around again, I looked over my wording again. I have 11 switches on my dash and a stereo. As I was running my wire to #2 I got it crossed somehow being there somewhat hidden behind the dash and headlight switch And that was what was causing the interference causing the dash to wack out.

bottom line is there are a lot of wires back there folks And even a organized OCD person like me can cross wires. Take your time, take a deep breath and double check your system, even if you have to label the wires like I did with a labeler. I think I’m good for now. Here’s some finished pics.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually, what happened as I was fiddle farting around again, I looked over my wording again. I have 11 switches on my dash and a stereo. As I was running my wire to #2 I got it crossed somehow being there somewhat hidden behind the dash and headlight switch And that was what was causing the interference causing the dash to wack out.

bottom line is there are a lot of wires back there folks And even a organized OCD person like me can cross wires. Take your time, take a deep breath and double check your system, even if you have to label the wires like I did with a labeler. I think I’m good for now. Here’s some finished pics.
View attachment 194840View attachment 194841View attachment 194842View attachment 194843View attachment 194844
Looks good and easy to do heres my mess and I've added more

20170901 114155

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I been wondering what back-feeding primary power circuit would do.
Glad you figured it out.
Thanks. I do have a question tho. On a simple on/off/auto switch for my radiator fan ( the harness you sell) your 2 wires the red& blue, where do they hook up on that switch for proper operation?
This is the little switch I have.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks. I do have a question tho. On a simple on/off/auto switch for my radiator fan ( the harness you sell) your 2 wires the red& blue, where do they hook up on that switch for proper operation?
This is the little switch I have.
View attachment 194848
Yes,
Combine the RED and BLUE to one post to keep the AUTO function.
OR. Split them to turn the fan OFF, ON, or AUTO.
Red is the fan, Blue is the factory auto.

Reactions: Remington and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that some sort of transfer switch? That’s my kind of wiring set up lol.
Wait no... that’s for your Ham or something right?
Amp ,radio , buse bar, fuse box actually the ham radio interrupter is not in this picture but that's what I added

Reactions: Remington
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Assuming it is 3 pin ON/OFF/ON switch.
I think this switch would be like this:
The Center would be the red wire to the fan.
Blue would be top pin.
and 12v power source would be the bottom pin.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes,
Combine the RED and BLUE to one post to keep the AUTO function.
OR. Split them to turn the fan OFF, ON, or AUTO.
Red is the fan, Blue is the factory auto.
Great thank you.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Assuming it is 3 pin ON/OFF/ON switch.
I think this switch would be like this:
The Center would be the red wire to the fan.
Blue would be top pin.
and 12v power source would be the bottom pin.
I think that’s how I have it wired. I’ll have to check. When I was at Taylor park last year it wouldn’t work in auto only off and on. I put a new switch in it tonight and I think that’s how I assumed it should be. I’ll have to pull it to check.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Amp ,radio , buse bar, fuse box actually the ham radio interrupter is not in this picture but that's what I added
Fancy dancy! I like that . Thought it was gen transfer switch like I work on. But I seen your seat then thought 🤔

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I think that’s how I have it wired. I’ll have to check. When I was at Taylor park last year it wouldn’t work in auto only off and on. I put a new switch in it tonight and I think that’s how I assumed it should be. I’ll have to pull it to check.
Ya, let me know so we can figure it out.

Reactions: BWAF and Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!