Synthetic rope recommendation

D

dls1230

Jan 1, 2018
US
Looking to replace steel cable with 1/4" synthetic rope. I found some on Amazon with decent reviews. Asking here to see what brand (and where to buy it) people have had success with. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't remember what brand it was but I bought off from Amazon and it's worked like a champ. Winched several times. 5500 to 6000lb as I recall. I'll never use cable again.

Reactions: sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Looking to replace steel cable with 1/4" synthetic rope. I found some on Amazon with decent reviews. Asking here to see what brand (and where to buy it) people have had success with. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have used some of the motoalliance synthetic ropes sold on Amazon, they even have some 65' length instead of standard 50' but you have to have a widespool winch for it all to fit such as a Superwinch Terra 45.

Also be sure and get a NEW fairlead or the old one from using steel cable will chew up your new rope.

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought some from amazon as well. Was 5,800lb or something. Mine didn’t have the sleeve for the end. I would recommend getting one that had that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: swsebek
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s the same one I have. At that good price I bought two of them. But I have not needed to spare and I’ve used it quite a bit.
The difference in cost alone would have made me question the capability of a $25 winch rope when the pretty much same looking ones are 3 times the price. But if you and JTW have used it I trust you guys have put it through its paces

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The difference in cost alone would have made me question the capability of a $25 winch rope when the pretty much same looking ones are 3 times the price. But if you and JTW have used it I trust you guys have put it through its paces

Plus if it breaks, just tie a not in it and keep going. I keep an extra one on board for that price. Also put one on the Farm Rig after we broke the steel cable.

Reactions: Ragnar406 and JTW
J

JTW

I was hesitant at first for the same reason.. but it’s been fine. I lifted mine doing the skids and used it for a hard pull at Brimstone and I’m still alive. The Brimstone pull ran it through the dirt and it’s a little frayed but as Joey said.. for that price you can buy 2. And I did.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I get my synthetic line from southeastoverland.com

Reactions: elkaholic
advertisement
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!