P1000 Tactical P-1000-5

C

Chad J

Mar 29, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guess this would be the place to start the build thread, only got a few pics and literally just got this thing to start working on it. But I’ll send some starting pics.
6046DEC8 B288 4566 B864 FF43051551BF
3CD8C891 89FF 425F 8629 C9CA3D6745BC 0089834E CE9F 4F2B 8777 C55F3A07BF7E

C

Chad J

Mar 29, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
More pics and updates to follow over the week. I got big plans for this thing. Still looking for ideas on how to mount tools. Mainly shovel, axe, fuel/ water can and I dunno, gonna work on a small atv trailer too at some point.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
" Still looking for ideas on how to mount tools. Mainly shovel, axe, fuel/ water can . . . ."

I used quick fist clamps on the center bar for a shovel, and the mesh bins under the roof have several 24 oz. water bottles.
Quick fists will work for your axe, but I wouldn't put fuel near your head. You may drive too close to a Polaris someday - - boom!

Alder Wood

Alder Wood

Jan 13, 2022
Alderwood Manor, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
C

Chad J

Mar 29, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What brand of front bumper is that? It looks very nice. Also, does that bumper lower the exit hole (for lack of a better description), that causes the winch cable to rub on the factory bumper/fairlead?
I don’t know. I never had the factory fairlead on mine. The other bumper that originally came on it I guess removed it. But this winch mount mounts it upside down claiming to give better angle than factory, so maybe 🤔 the bumper is a moose utility and KFI winch mount. I looked at several but for the price point I feel like this one is a decent buy. Seems plenty sturdy enough and doesn’t weigh a ton.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Says Dave.
You got that right lol

I might as well blow smoke up everyones ass 😂 Ive has a super winch 35 on my P1 since 16’ pulled more stumps, shrubs and a few poo poo’s along the way and shes never barked only snapped a few syn ropes. Have the same one for my rear winch. Carry on @Chad J

C

Chad J

Mar 29, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I knew I had a pic somewhere. Heres the rear wench nestled in the back of the knucledeep strong and heavy as hell bumper.
View attachment 327128
I like that rear bumper, clean area for lights and two D rings. But is there a hitch option or I just can’t see it in the pic? Iv been seeing a lot of those types of tires on people UTV’s, you all like them better than the Maxxis Big horns? Or you all driving on pavement more? I used to off road a bunch in my SUV I had, but I sold it last summer for a truck because I needed to move and have a bed for sure, and figured the P-1 would be a better trade off anyways for playing around in the woods.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I like that rear bumper, clean area for lights and two D rings. But is there a hitch option or I just can’t see it in the pic? Iv been seeing a lot of those types of tires on people UTV’s, you all like them better than the Maxxis Big horns? Or you all driving on pavement more? I used to off road a bunch in my SUV I had, but I sold it last summer for a truck because I needed to move and have a bed for sure, and figured the P-1 would be a better trade off anyways for playing around in the woods.
Knucledeep custom makes whatever you want. Hes been a member here for years.

As for the LT/MT tires, Ive had them on for the last 3 yrs. Way cheaper and much stronger imo. I do very little pavement, mostly rock, mud, sand and swamp. The ware on them are better than a utv tire as well. Theres a few of us that have them. There slightly heavier but not enough to make that much difference, your better off having any overweight passengers drop 10 lol. There also great to rotate for ware cuz of the non specific direction On them. They also have a more ridged bead. I pd $100 a tire back them. With the Brandon gas hikes im sure there $130-40 a tire now But still cheaper than a UTV tire. Tons of them out there to choose. I still use UTV carnivores on my talon.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a champion 3500lb winch. It's too light. The one time I needed it I required a snatch block to get out. The second time I needed it i was using it as a pivot point over a steep incline to keep the front down and it still acted like it wanted to struggle.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a champion 3500lb winch. It's too light. The one time I needed it I required a snatch block to get out. The second time I needed it i was using it as a pivot point over a steep incline to keep the front down and it still acted like it wanted to struggle.
From what Ive heard and read, the champions are accually rated
less than they say. Kinda dumb. Had one a Poo Poo sportsman and it couldnt pull its way out of a dry parking spot

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!