P1000 Tactical P-1000-5

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Big question here, has anyone have the know how to put your break lights and all other lights on a blackout switch? Or is just putting the break lights on a switch easier? Or anyone got a good suggestion on how to do blackout without using duck tape on the tail lights? Haha

What are you trying to accomplish? Purpose? It's possible to control all lights with a single "override" switch. It would probably involve "interrupting" the lights with a relay for each, in series with the fuse for each circuit involved. The control switch would power provide key-on power to the relays so removing that power would dump the lights. If you want some lighting to work key-off, the those relays would get their power from the Aux and would best be wired using the relay's NC contacts. That way the relay coil wouldn't be a constant drain, only being powered for lights off dump.

Alder Wood

Alder Wood

Jan 13, 2022
Alderwood Manor, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I truly hate to give you redskins any more ammo than you already think you have, but you speak'um truth, but only in a manner of speaking:

"Because the colors of light travel at different speeds, they get bent by different amounts and come out all spread out instead of mixed up. Violet travels the slowest so it is on the bottom and red travels the fastest so is on the top."

Now before ya'll get all red-faced excited and start prancing around the campfire with your war paint on, I'll just point out that just 'cause the "skin" of your sxs is red, all the other colors that are firmly attached to the red parts is going to slow you down and negate any red advantage. Those slower colors, that your red butt is firmly attached to, is going to make the whole shebang only as fast as its slowest component color. Or, scientifically speaking, "So there!".

Alder Wood

Alder Wood

Jan 13, 2022
Alderwood Manor, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I liked the theory that red is faster, so I added some to my P5.

IMG 0280 2

C

Chad J

Mar 29, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Question for all, is a bed liner mat worth it for the 1000-5? I do have passengers back there occasionally and I have been hauling dirt as well. Guess the real question is, does it work half way decent, and durable?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Question for all, is a bed liner mat worth it for the 1000-5? I do have passengers back there occasionally and I have been hauling dirt as well. Guess the real question is, does it work half way decent, and durable?
It works great, I've goy the OEM Honda liner, but scars up the top outside of the bed rails, I just use plastic in the bed now.

advertisement
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The bed mat is worth it. I purchased the kiwi master from Amazon in October 21 and paid $80 for it. Lay it out in the sun to make it pliable after you get it. That way it will naturally lay flat after being in storage rolled up. Take it from the heat of the sun and place it into your bed and it should lay flat and nice on it's own. You can find all kinds of brands on Amazon.

Kal

Kal

Feb 22, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a heavy rubber stall mat from tractor supply and cut it to fit. It only cost me about $28.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m sorry but blue isn’t tactical unless you’re in the Navy. And until we see actual weapons systems mounts on said tactical vehicle, it’s just another smurf buggy…even the dog is embarrassed…and probably wondering why it’s not getting a tacticool vest filled with treats and fuzzy squeaky wabbits….anyway, nice rig…lol

C

Chad J

Mar 29, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m sorry but blue isn’t tactical unless you’re in the Navy. And until we see actual weapons systems mounts on said tactical vehicle, it’s just another smurf buggy…even the dog is embarrassed…and probably wondering why it’s not getting a tacticool vest filled with treats and fuzzy squeaky wabbits….anyway, nice rig…lol
Yes you are correct for a land vehicle. So first step I took was changed that color. I’m slow on pics and progress since I just moved across the state and just got it. But more pics to come. Got the IR light mounted. Waiting for switches to arrive. Should be tomorrow hopefully. But gonna go out with it for the first time since I got it for some trails. Machine gun mounts are not to common on them in real world. Sometimes they get mounted on depending on mission config, but not always even at work. It’s more of an infill/ exfil vehicle than attack vehicle.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!