P1000 Tactical P-1000-5

C

Chad J

Mar 29, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
DA81F6CB 3C06 4601 9C03 DFCE2E5B03F9

Here’s a pic of it in progress. Got a ways to go still.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That looks cool, but red is still the fastest color.

I truly hate to give you redskins any more ammo than you already think you have, but you speak'um truth, but only in a manner of speaking:

"Because the colors of light travel at different speeds, they get bent by different amounts and come out all spread out instead of mixed up. Violet travels the slowest so it is on the bottom and red travels the fastest so is on the top."

Now before ya'll get all red-faced excited and start prancing around the campfire with your war paint on, I'll just point out that just 'cause the "skin" of your sxs is red, all the other colors that are firmly attached to the red parts is going to slow you down and negate any red advantage. Those slower colors, that your red butt is firmly attached to, is going to make the whole shebang only as fast as its slowest component color. Or, scientifically speaking, "So there!".

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, blue is nearly the slowest color, so a splash or red on there somewhere could only help - maybe. When choosing red, strongly recommend staying away from blood red.
That's fine by me that the blue is nearly the slowest color.. that's kind of my sightseeing traveling style. I would have been very happy with any color actually, I had to take whatever color the dealer had coming. I'm happy!

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looking good,
Damn it man, are you going full blown camo like the TB?
TB 43-0209, COLOR, MARKING, AND CAMOUFLAGE PAINTING OF MILITARY VEHICLES
Back in the day I painted many a CUCCV Blazer and pickup.
Taping it all out according to the book was a pain.
But they sure looked good when done. Never did any HMMWV's.
They handed me a can of CARC paint to use and I told em to suck my left nut.
That s***, you need full SCBA to paint safely.
Have a good day

advertisement
C

Chad J

Mar 29, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking good,
Damn it man, are you going full blown camo like the TB?
TB 43-0209, COLOR, MARKING, AND CAMOUFLAGE PAINTING OF MILITARY VEHICLES
Back in the day I painted many a CUCCV Blazer and pickup.
Taping it all out according to the book was a pain.
But they sure looked good when done. Never did any HMMWV's.
They handed me a can of CARC paint to use and I told em to suck my left nut.
That s***, you need full SCBA to paint safely.
Have a good day
Yeah carc is also expensive. I did two vehicles in it back about 9 years ago. Gonna make this Honda look similar.

4D285B40 062E 480D 98FD F55A408CC8CF

C

Chad J

Mar 29, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Scuff it up and clean it. I know it can be a pain sometimes with plastics. I have high hopes the brownells allumahide works better. I did a gun in it and it has way out performed my other gun in regular krylon and I use mine a lot and they get handled rough at times.

C40FD5A3 AC1D 49FE AA8A A0141D2F4CA5

Kal

Kal

Feb 22, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Scuff it up and clean it. I know it can be a pain sometimes with plastics. I have high hopes the brownells allumahide works better. I did a gun in it and it has way out performed my other gun in regular krylon and I use mine a lot and they get handled rough at times.

View attachment 327662
I've read that the brownells paint is great for gun parts. I bought some to build an AR but I haven't tried it yet. Yours looks really good. 👍

I was curious if you used an adhesive promoter or not. I've used it on automotive interior and it seems to do a good job, I was wondering how it would work and react with the pioneer plastic bodies.

C

Chad J

Mar 29, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would have used an adhesive promoter but couldn’t find any here. Guess covid is the answer every time something is out of stock. The brownells paint does take much longer to cure. It’s safe to touch in just a short time. But it’s not really cured for I think 7 days. But after a good day you can just feel it’s stronger. I hope it last a while. But good thing is.... just spray some more for touch up! Lol if I could afford it I would cerakot the panels. Maybe one day. I really want a brick city fab spare tire carrier V1 in tan, Moses said he can but hasn’t responded to emails or the follow up on the phone with invoice so I dunno. Said it’s $50 extra, but only been a couple days, if I can it and mount my tools on the inside like the other guys have it would be sick. I still got a lot to do still but hope to get it done and head out to hills and hollers next weekend.

Kal

Kal

Feb 22, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would have used an adhesive promoter but couldn’t find any here. Guess covid is the answer every time something is out of stock. The brownells paint does take much longer to cure. It’s safe to touch in just a short time. But it’s not really cured for I think 7 days. But after a good day you can just feel it’s stronger. I hope it last a while. But good thing is.... just spray some more for touch up! Lol if I could afford it I would cerakot the panels. Maybe one day. I really want a brick city fab spare tire carrier V1 in tan, Moses said he can but hasn’t responded to emails or the follow up on the phone with invoice so I dunno. Said it’s $50 extra, but only been a couple days, if I can it and mount my tools on the inside like the other guys have it would be sick. I still got a lot to do still but hope to get it done and head out to hills and hollers next weekend.
Yea, it's amazing how covid always seems to be the answer to everything nowadays. :rolleyes:

Too bad you can't stick the whole machine in the oven for a bit like the gun parts huh.🤣

I've only talked to brick City once about the harness bar and I ordered one yesterday, but no other personal experience with them. I think it was remington who said he has had a couple of those tire carriers, first one broke, they begrudgingly replaced it, then the second one broke and he fixed it himself. Others seem to be happy with them though.

C

Chad J

Mar 29, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea, it's amazing how covid always seems to be the answer to everything nowadays. :rolleyes:

Too bad you can't stick the whole machine in the oven for a bit like the gun parts huh.🤣

I've only talked to brick City once about the harness bar and I ordered one yesterday, but no other personal experience with them. I think it was remington who said he has had a couple of those tire carriers, first one broke, they begrudgingly replaced it, then the second one broke and he fixed it himself. Others seem to be happy with them though.
That sucks! Well I haven’t seen any other one with those features yet of opening from both sides, and quick removal. I like how I can do a spare and a can, but I dunno then, maybe modify another one? Anyone else got input also?

C

Chad J

Mar 29, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Big question here, has anyone have the know how to put your break lights and all other lights on a blackout switch? Or is just putting the break lights on a switch easier? Or anyone got a good suggestion on how to do blackout without using duck tape on the tail lights? Haha

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!