Takeover Vendor Requirements? Also, where would we need to setup to be most effective?

Lifetime-Trailmaps

Lifetime-Trailmaps

Mar 27, 2018
Dalton, GA
www.lifetimetrailmaps.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand
What is required for us to setup at the event and sell our GPS tablets and programming service on Friday? Where would we need to setup? We need cell good cell service or wifi so I can hotspot for programming.

We will be offering the following:

8” Samsung Galaxy Tab E - $280

9.6” Samsung Galaxy Tab E - $320

Program Your Android Tablet - $150
Must be Android 5 or higher w/ 3GB Free storage. Prefer Samsung since their GPS is supreme.

We do not offer any programming for Apple devices and there will be a 3% convenience fee for credit cards.

Last edited:
W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Link to demonstrate product?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
What is required for us to setup at the event and sell our GPS tablets and programming service on Friday? Where would we need to setup? We need cell good cell service or wifi so I can hotspot for programming.

We will be offering the following:

8” Samsung Galaxy Tab E - $280

9.6” Samsung Galaxy Tab E - $320

Program Your Android Tablet - $150
Must be Android 5 or higher w/ 3GB Free storage. Prefer Samsung since their GPS is supreme.

We do not offer any programming for Apple devices and there will be a 3% convenience fee for credit cards.
Your wifi service may vary as cell service at the RRB campgrounds depends on your service provider (Verizon/ ATT / SPRINT) etc.

Where to setup. That would depend on @Hondasxs plans for the pavilion just left of the entrance on Friday as we have them rented for the Takeover all weekend. If that is a no go there is a band stage that people gather around to head off at the trail head, however parking there would be at a premium as there will be sites rented immediately off to the side of it for that weekend.

That's the best information I can offer. If at all possible have your common files saved to a thumb drive vs. download and just file copy from laptop to the Android devices, I do that all the time for files into Oruxmaps no problem.

Reactions: JTW
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
In order to program, we need an internet connection for the waypoints to download.
My Verizon mifi does 20mb sec in the area with a good signal, but I am on top of the mountain. RRB is down in the valley at base of mountain, signal can be hit and miss. But by 1998 standards yes there is internet there.

Lifetime-Trailmaps

Lifetime-Trailmaps

Mar 27, 2018
Dalton, GA
www.lifetimetrailmaps.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The tablets that we bring will have already been programmed so the only thing we will need to address is a strong enough 4GLTE signal for my phone to hotspot while programming.

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!