Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update....
@JACKAL has postponed the ride to Wednesday. We will still meet at Pilot and plan on leaving the parking lot right at 9. Everyone wishing to go please arrive a little early.

We're now open to whatever sightseeing people want to do on Tuesday. We would prefer to stay on the westside of the freeway. The trails are nice and not busy at all. We'll be riding the Sundquist area Friday and Saturday anyways.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Wish this was Wednesday, no way I can make it down on Tuesday. Anyone planning rides Weds or Thurs? I have have covered all of the Sundquist(RRB) side, would like to follow someone to get some familiarity with the riding west of 75.
Ride changed to Wednesday 9am

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I looked at my mapping from 2 months ago and we missed it by 5 miles. We ran across by the ruins and dropped onto the road 5 miles south of there. I now have it on my map. I'm not sure which way @JACKAL is going to take us on this ride.
My loose plan is to get to Careyville flats meander to all the windmills trail, take it down to abandoned train, then to prison, after that any which way everyone wants to go back.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@JACKAL is willing to lead a group of us early arrivers over to the prison and the abandoned train. We will be meeting at the Pilot station on the west side of the freeway and plan on leaving at 9AM. Plan on getting there early to fuel up. We will probably be eating lunch at the Wardens Table. I believe the level of difficulty and time gone will be determined by the group we get.
Post on here if you'll be joining us.

This is my intended route for the Brushy Mountain Prison Loop leaving the Pilot Truckstop at I-75 Exit 141 9 AM tomorrow.

Eagle Rock Campground to Brushy Mountain State Prison Loop

Campground to TN 63 Turn Left go under I-75 and around corner approx. ½ Mile

Turn Left onto Royal Blue Road, follow it to right coming to a T with Old TN 63

Turn Left onto Old TN 63 go south to first bridge on right, turn right onto Bridge.

Continue to Right on Turley Mountain Road to NC Cross Mountain Road Turn sharp 270 deg. Right

Take Cross Mountain Road south to Jct. with Blacktop, continue straight (South) to Pine Bald Trail

Take Pine Bald Trail to T turn Left onto Tower Road, veer left onto trail at sharp right switchback.

Stay on green trail going south to Windrock Park boundary through Careyville Flatts Overlook.

From Careyville Flatts take WR 66 South to WR 62 Turn Left

WR 62 to WR 61 Turn Right

WR 61 to WR G55 continue straight then go right

WR G55 to WR 53 Turn Left

WR 53 to G53 junction, turn right then left onto WR 50

WR50 to G50 Turn right crossing TN Hwy 116

Go straight across onto WR G1

WR G1 to WR G18 Turn right onto G18 OR left onto G18A turning left from either onto WR G34

WR G34 to WR G9 veer right onto G9

WR G9 to junction of G2/G4/G7 – Veer right onto G4/G7 veer right again at split with G4

WR G7 continue down mountain to Abandoned Train

From Abandoned Train go west to TN Hwy. 116 turning left onto Hwy. 116

Stay on Hwy. 166 South to Petros, TN & Brushy Mountain State Prison.

From State Prison go back North on Hwy. 116 past G7 to trail SW34 turning left onto SW34

SW34 continue until it intersects with Stoney Fork Rd. turn left onto road.

Stoney Fork Road to T turn Left onto Norma Rd. going north, turn right onto blue trail stay left at split.

From blue trail at T turn left onto NC 69 to a T turning right onto Tower Road @ Willow Springs Gap

From Tower Road turn left (North) onto Pine Bald Trail cont. North to Green Trail (Cross Mtn. Road)

Cross Mtn. Road to T turn right onto Turley Mtn. Road going down off mountain to Old TN 63

Turn left onto Old TN 63 going north to Royal Blue Road (First Right) turn Right and cont. to HWY 63

Turn right onto HWY 63 go back under I-75 turning right onto frontage road, Luther Siebers Blvd.

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is my intended route for the Brushy Mountain Prison Loop leaving the Pilot Truckstop at I-75 Exit 141 9 AM tomorrow.

Eagle Rock Campground to Brushy Mountain State Prison Loop

Campground to TN 63 Turn Left go under I-75 and around corner approx. ½ Mile

Turn Left onto Royal Blue Road, follow it to right coming to a T with Old TN 63

Turn Left onto Old TN 63 go south to first bridge on right, turn right onto Bridge.

Continue to Right on Turley Mountain Road to NC Cross Mountain Road Turn sharp 270 deg. Right

Take Cross Mountain Road south to Jct. with Blacktop, continue straight (South) to Pine Bald Trail

Take Pine Bald Trail to T turn Left onto Tower Road, veer left onto trail at sharp right switchback.

Stay on green trail going south to Windrock Park boundary through Careyville Flatts Overlook.

From Careyville Flatts take WR 66 South to WR 62 Turn Left

WR 62 to WR 61 Turn Right

WR 61 to WR G55 continue straight then go right

WR G55 to WR 53 Turn Left

WR 53 to G53 junction, turn right then left onto WR 50

WR50 to G50 Turn right crossing TN Hwy 116

Go straight across onto WR G1

WR G1 to WR G18 Turn right onto G18 OR left onto G18A turning left from either onto WR G34

WR G34 to WR G9 veer right onto G9

WR G9 to junction of G2/G4/G7 – Veer right onto G4/G7 veer right again at split with G4

WR G7 continue down mountain to Abandoned Train

From Abandoned Train go west to TN Hwy. 116 turning left onto Hwy. 116

Stay on Hwy. 166 South to Petros, TN & Brushy Mountain State Prison.

From State Prison go back North on Hwy. 116 past G7 to trail SW34 turning left onto SW34

SW34 continue until it intersects with Stoney Fork Rd. turn left onto road.

Stoney Fork Road to T turn Left onto Norma Rd. going north, turn right onto blue trail stay left at split.

From blue trail at T turn left onto NC 69 to a T turning right onto Tower Road @ Willow Springs Gap

From Tower Road turn left (North) onto Pine Bald Trail cont. North to Green Trail (Cross Mtn. Road)

Cross Mtn. Road to T turn right onto Turley Mtn. Road going down off mountain to Old TN 63

Turn left onto Old TN 63 going north to Royal Blue Road (First Right) turn Right and cont. to HWY 63

Turn right onto HWY 63 go back under I-75 turning right onto frontage road, Luther Siebers Blvd.
Sounds like a plan!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Nemo tunnel is on the other side of Wartburg TN. You can’t get there legally on a SXS. It’s 25 mins by truck from the prison. It’s in the Catossa WMA.

Ya I looked it up the other day, didn't see any feasible way, especially since it was about 40 miles round trip out of my way. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Firemedic530
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
A small group of members will be leaving RRB campgrounds at 8am to meet up with @JACKAL at the Pilot at 9. Stop by RV site 7 and we will head over.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!