Wednesday ride to Brushy Mountain prison

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JACKAL is willing to lead a group of us early arrivers over to the prison and the abandoned train. We will be meeting at the Pilot station on the west side of the freeway and plan on leaving at 9AM. Plan on getting there early to fuel up. We will probably be eating lunch at the Wardens Table. I believe the level of difficulty and time gone will be determined by the group we get.
Post on here if you'll be joining us.

riverratcadillac

riverratcadillac

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2017
lafollette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JACKAL is willing to lead a group of us early arrivers over to the prison and the abandoned train. We will be meeting at the Pilot station on the west side of the freeway and plan on leaving at 9AM. Plan on getting there early to fuel up. We will probably be eating lunch at the Wardens Table. I believe the level of difficulty and time gone will be determined by the group we get.
im in

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Ill be getting into town around lunch I might meet y'all at the Prison...

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did last weekends ride go?

Didn't Coalmont weather forecast was 80% rain and thunderstorms for Fri and Sat... Snuff and Joey went local sat afternoon I got stuff done around house, 5AM Sunday morn we had Tornados 3miles north and 3 miles south of the house...

Reactions: JTW
riverratcadillac

riverratcadillac

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2017
lafollette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
is it possible to get to the nemo tunnel from the prison on a sxs gps says 20 min

Reactions: ohanacreek
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I need to check with CaptinJack, we may be in on this ride.

Reactions: TimG and JACKAL
J

JTW

Didn't Coalmont weather forecast was 80% rain and thunderstorms for Fri and Sat... Snuff and Joey went local sat afternoon I got stuff done around house, 5AM Sunday morn we had Tornados 3miles north and 3 miles south of the house...
Well s***

Reactions: ohanacreek
Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
is it possible to get to the nemo tunnel from the prison on a sxs gps says 20 min

I found it on Google maps, but my orux maps doesn't show any trails in that area. I'm street legal with Ohio plate, but that doesn't help the group. @JACKAL ?

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
How far of a utv ride is it to the prison? I've never heard of going there?

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's on the west side of the freeway a few miles past the abandoned train. I think it's a minimum of 6 hours round trip plus time spent at prison. It could easily be double that with all of the different trails available. The plan will be to tailor this ride to the group we get.

You can Google maps the prison and see that it is quite a distance.

riverratcadillac

riverratcadillac

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2017
lafollette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's on the west side of the freeway a few miles past the abandoned train. I think it's a minimum of 6 hours round trip plus time spent at prison. It could easily be double that with all of the different trails available. The plan will be to tailor this ride to the group we get.

you cant tailor anything to a group of misfits

Reactions: Firemedic530
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How far of a utv ride is it to the prison? I've never heard of going there?

Northwest portion of the map in Red Circle is the furthest most people ride the weekend of takeover. Notice “TopO the World” SEast of RRB POI

Notice where Widowmaker/DragonsBack and Eternal flame are to the South-Southwest that’s about 1:30-2 hours one way by trail @45mins by road.

The green circle in the extreme southwest of this image is where prison and train are. For some perspective the entire trail system you can reach with a SxS is about 130 miles long from end to end as the crow flies. Windrock is the yellow area bottom central of the image.

As the crow flies it’s 22Miles from RRB To the abandoned train/Prison which is just to the east of the train, and then RRB to Trail26 on the SE side of the red circle is 6 miles.
9CB95B64 2A83 40E3 A8D8 C0A072322AFA

Here ya go

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I found it on Google maps, but my orux maps doesn't show any trails in that area. I'm street legal with Ohio plate, but that doesn't help the group. @JACKAL ?
Sorry don't know anything about Nemo Tunnel.

Reactions: Windrock1000

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!