Talon 1000r Only running on 1 cylinder

R

Rocketdad

Mar 14, 2021
Somers CT
Ownership

1. Talon X
2019 Talon 1000 R , Has 700 Mi Only running on 1 cylinder Frony is dead, Have spark to both, Swaped injectors no change ,Pulled valve cover, Does not appear to have any valve issues. Did not check compression as i am waiting for correct Spark plug adapter.Thinking must be wit elec or computer any help would be greatly appreciated.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
My next step would be to swap or replace both spark plugs. If the same dead cylinder continued I would perform a compression check.

Was engine overrevved or did it ingest water?

Reactions: CID
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
You're on the right track. Fuel, spark & compression are what's needed to run. Like @HBarlow said, replace or swap spark plugs. If it still has the issue and compression comes back good I'd look at the injector harness, it's been a problem on some of the P1Ks, the club store has some repair harnesses available.

R

Rocketdad

Mar 14, 2021
Somers CT
Ownership

1. Talon X
Swaped plugs too, bought used 129 mi, Dont know if previous owner over reved or injested water, Ran good for 300 mi, Then started acting funny, Drain tank found water in fuel, But that water came from me storing gas in freezing weather outside, Cured that issue, Hopefully can check compression shortly.
I am really think ing engine managment failure But not getting any codes. Dealer is looking @ 1 month backlog on repairs due to full shcedule.

Reactions: TripleB
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Have you pulled the air filter & looked in the intake track? That might give a clue if it ingested something

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Modern fuel injected and computer-controlled engines are much more powerful and efficient than old style carburetors and distributors but also much more complex, harder to troubleshoot at home, and more vulnerable.

Water in fuel doesn't usually but can cause damaged injectors.

I know it's hard to wait but I think your dealer is your best option. They have computer diagnostics as well as experience and product knowledge.

Last edited:
Reactions: 906UP
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Its actually a 1000 x My bad.
You can edit both the title and your first post, bottom left of your first post 'Edit'.

obtw: welcome from the once great state of Colorado. :cool:

There are some basic Talon tidbits linked in my sig.

advertisement
toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No Warranty , Thanks for welcome, Checking for bad connection on injector wiring harness, Making appointment at local Honda dealer.

That sucks. I didn’t buy a warranty with my used 2019 either. :confused:

It sounds like you are on the right track. Check compression when you get the adapter, and go over wiring very closely.

The other thing you can do is turn off all the lights, dark as possible, and have someone crank the machine to see if any wires are sparking or lightning up. It’s a long shot, but can lead you in the right direction.

Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!