Talon 1000x E gear

D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hello everyone, I recently restored my Talon 1000x and there was such a problem, the engine starts everything is fine, as soon as I turn on H or L or R, even when in P , the letter "E", is displayed in the "gear" section on the screen, AT and MT are flashing on the display all the time, and in H, L, R The buggy does not drive by itself, but you can push it with your hands, has anyone encountered this problem and maybe knows how to solve it? On this part of the photo everything is visible.
Img 6886 jpg

Neohio

Beast of the East
Advertisment

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guessing the E stands for Error (sorry for stating the obvious). I’ve not seen a lot of posts on the Talon about that I can recall at the moment. @HondaTech will probably have some ideas off the top his head for you though.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You said it doesn’t move on its own…Does the motor just free rev? Like the clutch isn’t engaging? Or like it is in neutral/park? I’d definitely double check connections while you’re waiting for a better response.

Might record the flashing, upload the video to YouTube (or similar) and post the link here. A combination of short/long flashes with lights on the display are troubleshooting codes that can be referenced in the shop manual. The forum can help troubleshoot a lot faster with that type of information.

👍🏻

Year of your Talon can sometimes become important to share too

D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X
You said it doesn’t move on its own…Does the motor just free rev? Like the clutch isn’t engaging? Or like it is in neutral/park? I’d definitely double check connections while you’re waiting for a better response.

Might record the flashing, upload the video to YouTube (or similar) and post the link here. A combination of short/long flashes with lights on the display are troubleshooting codes that can be referenced in the shop manual. The forum can help troubleshoot a lot faster with that type of information.

👍🏻

Year of your Talon can sometimes become important to share too
Hi, E disappeared, idk how to describe it, so you may watch video below, I have second gear and when I want to change from P to L or H or R motor stops immediately. During the video, gear is in Park position.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I recently restored my Talon 1000x
so we can all b on the same page Here, when you Say you recently restored your talon, what do you mean by this, transmission rebuild the whole rig rebuild?

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
after rain head was flooded and that is all, it works, but I cannot change gear and mode
Sounds like you have moisture all over your electrical connectors, and or water in the sub trans and it Fuced some sensors up would
Be my guess? This will be a hard one to diagnose without physically laying eyes on it IMO

Reactions: Blownzuki
D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X
Sounds like you have moisture all over your electrical connectors, and or water in the sub trans and it Fuced some sensors up would
Be my guess? This will be a hard one to diagnose without physically laying eyes on it IMO
All wirings I have changed, there is no water in sub-transmission. Here is a normal level of oil only, Id like to check all wirings

Reactions: Remington
H

HondaTech

What part of the machine got water in it? Was it ever in the oil?

D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X
What part of the machine got water in it? Was it ever in the oil?
engine head, oil was with water, but it was changed to new one, I got new problem, I have changed oil have cleaned all connectors, and now it looks like this

D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X
It automatically stops after specified time, every time

H

HondaTech

So the engine oil had water in it?

No amount of changing it will help, the rear of the engine will most likely need disassembled and cleaned. The clutch and related systems don't like water contamination. Was it ever ran with the water in the enigne?

D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X
So the engine oil had water in it?

No amount of changing it will help, the rear of the engine will most likely need disassembled and cleaned. The clutch and related systems don't like water contamination. Was it ever ran with the water in the enigne?
clutch works, engine starts it wasn't running after was flooded

D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X
no moisture actually, today I have changed the oil, it was clear

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
no moisture actually, today I have changed the oil, it was clear
Good, maybe @HondaTech has some info for u to try

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!