Talon 1000X Manual Mode Question

A

Abeamus

May 3, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X
If your in manual mode will the transmission still shift automatically if you hit a certain rpm to prevent damage and the same with down shifting if you hit a certain speed will it downshift to prevent damage?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If your in manual mode will the transmission still shift automatically if you hit a certain rpm to prevent damage and the same with down shifting if you hit a certain speed will it downshift to prevent damage?
It will down shift. I don’t believe it will upshift, at least it never has for me. But we also have rev limiters to protect from over rpm....

Reactions: TripleB
A

Abeamus

May 3, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X
It will down shift. I don’t believe it will upshift, at least it never has for me. But we also have rev limiters to protect from over rpm....
Thanks. Going out for the first time next weekend don't want to lose track of what mode I'm in and break something

Reactions: Montecresto
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. :cool:

Since I can't see the first reply you got - The DCT will downshift in manual preventing lugging but it won't upshift and will let you bounce off the rev limiter. I've found the Auto programming to be so good that I rarely use Manual mode - the exception to that is really bad climbs where I DON'T want an auto upshift mid climb.

The link in my sig has some basic Talon tidbits.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!