Talon 1000X & R Quick Release Sway Bar Links

A

AMRC-Off-Road

Nov 16, 2020
Washington, Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Easily disconnect your sway bars for rock crawling or any real uneven terrain situation.
AmrcOffRoad.com

Unnamed 3 Unnamed 4 Screen Shot 2020 11 17 at 23801 PM

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just checked out your site....

Does your left rear upper radius rod hit the exhaust when flexed out or jumped? Sure looks like it would. On your heims.... If you are not going to use FK XML heims or an equivalent, you are wasting your time and people's money. Just from the sway bar link and radius rod pictures on your site and the lack of a heim description in either, I can tell you are using the wrong heims for offroad applications. Are those low dollar Midwest Control or Chinese?

Im sure sombody else will be along shortly to tell you that you are doing it wrong, also. 🤣

Side note.... You guys build some freakin SICK drag cars!

H

HondaTech

Does your left rear upper radius rod hit the exhaust when flexed out or jumped? Sure looks like it would. On your heims.... If you are not going to use FK XML heims or an equivalent, you are wasting your time and people's money. Just from the sway bar link and radius rod pictures on your site and the lack of a heim description in either, I can tell you are using the wrong heims for offroad applications. Are those low dollar Midwest Control or Chinese?

Im sure sombody else will be along shortly to tell you that you are doing it wrong, also. 🤣

Never understood the reasoning behind raising the upper arm as well. The distance between the upper and lower arm doesn't change and your not gaining anything.

On a side note, my GM has a Double E sway bar setup and it hits the 4 link bar. He has had the shocks redone and that may be part of the issue.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R

@PaulF

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R

Their quick release sway links are OK. Their radius rods are F-ING GARBAGE! Bottom quality rod ends not suited for off road use and the upper left rod hits the muffler pipe. I tried to resolve the issues and they told me to take a hike so their customer service is also PATHETIC!!!

DO NOT do business with this company, they do not stand behind their products. Go with one of the other vendors here that have a good reputation and provide good customer service.

Never understood the reasoning behind raising the upper arm as well. The distance between the upper and lower arm doesn't change and your not gaining anything.
There is no reason other than looks. Since the left upper hits the muffler and the joints provided are garbage, I replaced all the joints and used the stock lower rods and made straight upper rods with good Heim joints. They now work just fine but I spent WAY more on these than I should have. I post my bad experience so that others don't make the same mistake.

My original review of the garbage rods here...

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I doubt AMRC will be back. What could they possibly say....... They have been told by PaulF and probably others what their issues are already and yet here they are trying to pimp their stuff like nothings happening. 🤣

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I doubt AMRC will be back. What could they possibly say....... They have been told by PaulF and probably others what their issues are already and yet here they are trying to pimp their stuff like nothings happening. 🤣

AMRC has tried to pimp those high clearance arms on another forum and Paul confronted them with his issues. Crickets. The silence speaks volumes to me.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
AMRC has tried to pimp those high clearance arms on another forum and Paul confronted them with his issues. Crickets. The silence speaks volumes to me.

I saw Paul's reply on the other forum. 😁

When I replied to Paul's original AMRC sucks thread I was unaware those radius rods even existed, let alone were being pimped on the Talon forums around the net. I figured he had found them listed on Ebay and were being sold as "a few extra sets I made while building my own" type of thing. AMRC builds some INSANELY NICE drag cars and drag car parts, but they could stand to learn a few lessons about the off-road aftermarket world before jumping in head first with an inferior product.

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
When I first found this post i remember reading paulf post so I popped a squat and waited for someone else to notice.
Tenor

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Agreed, you would think at least a private resolution and follow up would happen. I’d like to see someone (not these guys) develop a front sway bar with quick disconnects. My machine is set up for trails mostly and it sure would be nice to have less roll when bombing fast switchbacks or the occasional track day.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Agreed, you would think at least a private resolution and follow up would happen. I’d like to see someone (not these guys) develop a front sway bar with quick disconnects. My machine is set up for trails mostly and it sure would be nice to have less roll when bombing fast switchbacks or the occasional track day.

You don't need a front sway bar to make that happen. Get an adjustable rear sway bar such as the Eibach or E2R setup and play around with the front lower spring rates and crossover rings. You can make a Talon handle like a slot car with only a rear sway bar and proper setup.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
You don't need a front sway bar to make that happen. Get an adjustable rear sway bar such as the Eibach or E2R setup and play around with the front lower spring rates and crossover rings. You can make a Talon handle like a slot car with only a rear sway bar and proper setup.
Thanks! Will I sacrifice my flexy trail performance? Seems there would need to be compromises. Your machine is coming along nicely BTW. Can’t wait to see a detailed write up and more pictures when it’s done.

Reactions: SLOWPOKE693
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
The Eibach and E2R sway bars are adjustable, so you can dial in the feeling you want by simply moving the links on the sway bar arms. In front it would just be a matter of moving crossover rings to suite the days ride.

Reactions: Smitty335
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks! Will I sacrifice my flexy trail performance? Seems there would need to be compromises. Your machine is coming along nicely BTW. Can’t wait to see a detailed write up and more pictures when it’s done.
Yes, it would absolutely affect your flexy trail performance, I'm experimenting/learning with this right now. My normal solo riding persona is Joe Mellow, putting along enjoying my new hobby and sniffing the roses. putt putt putt putt putt - and all is calm in the universe.

BUT, then Joe Motocross butts into my psyche and ever thang turns to crap - 10 pound tire pressures + disconnected sway bar and the Talon turns into a wallowering piglette when backing into corners - all 2000 pounds of rolling weight shifts to the outside rear tire, YUGE oversteer and pivot turns become the new reality. :oops:

Pick yer poison, if you're doing one kind of riding all day, it's not hard to set up for that condition but if you're combining both riding styles on the same ride, there will be compromises.

It's important to know that this isn't me complaining about the Talon's handling, it's my setup and my choice - I know how I got here and what it takes to get somewhere else (still learning). The quick disconnect, adjustable sway bar is a 'quick fix' while on a ride, if you have time to stop between sections. Tire pressure changes are less convenient.

Reactions: SpeedBuggy
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yes, it would absolutely affect your flexy trail performance, I'm experimenting/learning with this right now. My normal solo riding persona is Joe Mellow, putting along enjoying my new hobby and sniffing the roses. putt putt putt putt putt - and all is calm in the universe.

BUT, then Joe Motocross butts into my psyche and ever thang turns to crap - 10 pound tire pressures + disconnected sway bar and the Talon turns into a wallowering piglette when backing into corners - all 2000 pounds of rolling weight shifts to the outside rear tire, YUGE oversteer and pivot turns become the new reality. :oops:

Pick yer poison, if you're doing one kind of riding all day, it's not hard to set up for that condition but if you're combining both riding styles on the same ride, there will be compromises.

It's important to know that this isn't me complaining about the Talon's handling, it's my setup and my choice - I know how I got here and what it takes to get somewhere else (still learning). The quick disconnect, adjustable sway bar is a 'quick fix' while on a ride, if you have time to stop between sections. Tire pressure changes are less convenient.

You example isn't quite accurate. From the pics I saw of your Talon you have the thing loaded down to the max and have a ton of weight up high on the chassis, ie 2nd spare tire/wheel. What you describe above is the result of an unbalanced setup, not a sway bar or shock tuning issue.

No offense, but unless you are using the talon for 100% rock crawling purposes riding around with the sway bar disconnected is kinda dumb. Especially with the amount of weight you are carrying up high on the chassis.

Want it to handle and ride better with it still connected, start playing around with spring rates, crossover ring heights and shock valving. Store bought setups are improvements but are never going to be as good as dialing in the shocks/springs for your particular riding style and machine weight.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!