Talon Talon 4-wheel drive question

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have a question on the 4-wheel drive. I plan to put 30" tires on my Talon. If I used a stock 28" as a spare and had a flat, put the 28" on the front, even if I stay out of 4-wheel drive, will the active braking still have an issue?

I have read that that system still is working in 2 wheel drive?? I know on regular locker 4-wheel systems it would not be an issue as long as you stay out of 4-wheel (front would free wheel).

Thoughts - Am I over thinking it?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
You're overthinking it.
30 vs 28 is not that big of a deal. Even a straight axle or regular locked 4x4 system would not be an issue. Your not on a flat track. Your offroad!

Plus, the i4wd does not know or care what size tire you have. All the computations are done on the driveline so it does not consider tire size as a factor.

If you are really concerned, lower the 30" pressure down to 8 psi and up the 28 pressure to 15+ psi and you will have close to the same radius.

Best advice... Just ride.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!