Talon air filter

Worrom1

Worrom1

Aug 9, 2020
Fallon nevada
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Just installed the uni filter mod 314 miles I’ll see how it works out in the Nevada dust headed to Austin this weekend

Reactions: Iowamike and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Have you looked at the stock filter yet? Some are pretty dirty at the 300 mile mark.

Did you snorkel the Uni or is it inside the airbox?

Reactions: TxDoc
Worrom1

Worrom1

Aug 9, 2020
Fallon nevada
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I put a new factory filter in with the uni.im going to try it in the air box for now. The original filter was pretty dirty,I used the shop vacuum to clean it once, figured to start new again see how it is going to work

Reactions: CID
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I put a new factory filter in with the uni.im going to try it in the air box for now. The original filter was pretty dirty,I used the shop vacuum to clean it once, figured to start new again see how it is going to work
I like the UNI in the air box. Please share photo when you do so.....

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
fwiw: it takes 10 seconds to remove an external Uni and it's easy to see when it needs cleaning. One unforeseen shortcoming - I hang my winter coat on the passenger seat (backward, no passenger), the collar comes very close to the oiled Uni begging to get the collar oily. Since many of my rides are at altitude, the coat is always with me.

Worrom1

Worrom1

Aug 9, 2020
Fallon nevada
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Just a trial right now until I can find a clean way to mount it externally I agree it needs to easily serviced

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just a trial right now until I can find a clean way to mount it externally I agree it needs to easily serviced
Trials are good, it's how we got men on the moon. :cool:

Some ideas here when you're ready, posts 12, 18, 19. Also check out post 17 before you possibly pop a differential seal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
Worrom1

Worrom1

Aug 9, 2020
Fallon nevada
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thanks for the info just one question how do I get to those posts call me stupid

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
advertisement
Iowamike

Iowamike

May 31, 2020
Dubuque Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon X
I put a UNI filter inside the air box, I am at 150 miles on dusty gravel roads. The air filter looks new yet but the inside of the Uni is going to need to be cleaned in another 50 miles. I have a second UNI in my load out box oiled in a plastic bag ready to go. I agree it needs to be out and up in the clean air, just haven't had time to make snorkel.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I put a UNI filter inside the air box, I am at 150 miles on dusty gravel roads. The air filter looks new yet but the inside of the Uni is going to need to be cleaned in another 50 miles. I have a second UNI in my load out box oiled in a plastic bag ready to go. I agree it needs to be out and up in the clean air, just haven't had time to make snorkel.
Do you happen to have a pic of the inside of your box with the UNI in it?

Iowamike

Iowamike

May 31, 2020
Dubuque Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon X
Dang just had mine apart. At 150 miles I decided to clean it. It probably could have gone double that. I put my spare UNI on already. Next

I just cleaned the UNI filter, it had 150 dusty gravel road mile on it. The primary filter looks like new and the UNI filter could have gone double that many miles.

I cleaned the UNI filter at 150 miles today, it probably could have gone double that mileage. I have 2 and will swap them out and keep a clean oiled up on in my box. One thing to do is used compressed air to remove any dust from the outside of the air cleaner box and back of the car before removing anything to keep accidentally knocking dirt or dust into the air cleaner compartment
20200819 121757

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Dang just had mine apart. At 150 miles I decided to clean it. It probably could have gone double that. I put my spare UNI on already. Next

I just cleaned the UNI filter, it had 150 dusty gravel road mile on it. The primary filter looks like new and the UNI filter could have gone double that many miles.

I cleaned the UNI filter at 150 miles today, it probably could have gone double that mileage. I have 2 and will swap them out and keep a clean oiled up on in my box. One thing to do is used compressed air to remove any dust from the outside of the air cleaner box and back of the car before removing anything to keep accidentally knocking dirt or dust into the air cleaner compartment View attachment 219494
Great idea cleaning everything around the box before getting into it. So the UNI inside the box like that just slips onto the intake hose????

Iowamike

Iowamike

May 31, 2020
Dubuque Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon X
Great idea cleaning everything around the box before getting into it. So the UNI inside the box like that just slips onto the intake hose????

Yes just make sure you order 3 inch. This also has a 15 degree cant to it. YouTube Honda Talon air cleaner. That's where I got the idea.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes just make sure you order 3 inch. This also has a 15 degree cant to it. YouTube Honda Talon air cleaner. That's where I got the idea.
Ok will do, thanks...

Reactions: Iowamike
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ok, ordered the 3” ID with 15* on it. 😎

Reactions: Iowamike
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!