Talon in a Truck Bed Rack

Biteme

Biteme

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2020
North West New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t understand why using a deck system and pulling a TT makes more sense than a fiver TH or a shorter fiver and a second trailer.

I’ve towed just about every combination of rig imaged and I couldn’t fathom adding 2k lbs of weight (25% of TV weight) at 4’ + above the TV CG and then put a heavy TT on the rear of the TV….I bet it handles like garbage on any curves or small grades…let alone cross winds.

TT already tow like crap without an adding 2k in the sky.

Why not simply pull doubles with a fiver in lead? I assure you it’s a heck of a lot more stable, better mpg, and legal depending on your state. Very likely less expensive too. A simple sway bar on the second trailer and sensible driving is all that’s needed.

View attachment 344418
View attachment 344419

in SD the legal length is 65’ with first trailer needing to be a fiver. First pic is with a 14’ enclosed aluminum trailer. Second is my current rig. Both tounge weights on rear trailer were 350 or less with single sway bar. The enclosed trailer had my P1k5 in it at the time.
Have a 40' fiver, pulled a 12' with my HD on the rear, the roads here in New Mexico are crappy and if i drove too fast looked like the 12' behind was going to bounce off the pavement whenever I hit a short dip, scared the crap out of me several times, no more rigs like that for me!

Reactions: Smittyp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!