Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I don’t understand why using a deck system and pulling a TT makes more sense than a fiver TH or a shorter fiver and a second trailer.

I’ve towed just about every combination of rig imaged and I couldn’t fathom adding 2k lbs of weight (25% of TV weight) at 4’ + above the TV CG and then put a heavy TT on the rear of the TV….I bet it handles like garbage on any curves or small grades…let alone cross winds.

TT already tow like crap without an adding 2k in the sky.

Why not simply pull doubles with a fiver in lead? I assure you it’s a heck of a lot more stable, better mpg, and legal depending on your state. Very likely less expensive too. A simple sway bar on the second trailer and sensible driving is all that’s needed.

View attachment 344418
View attachment 344419

in SD the legal length is 65’ with first trailer needing to be a fiver. First pic is with a 14’ enclosed aluminum trailer. Second is my current rig. Both tounge weights on rear trailer were 350 or less with single sway bar. The enclosed trailer had my P1k5 in it at the time.
My life would be so much easier if Washington allowed triple. Good in Idaho but that 20mi to the border would be Russian Roulette.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Dang slow down y'all. :D Actually for me and my situation you are wrong on what would work for me! And I am glad that you all have setups that fit your style and functional desire for you and your adventures. So for me and the Bed rack I bought it is for getting me alone to a riding destination or getting the most sxs to one location as possible. I have 4 machines and more that join us. I can and do sleep anywhere life gives me a spot to close my eyes....back seat, trunk, bed of truck, ground, on a trailer, hammock, camper, tent, tree, floor, cave, etc. Thanks for all the different options people can choose from as they think through there needs! So back to the back and forth!!😂😂
Can't hide money!

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Dang slow down y'all. :D Actually for me and my situation you are wrong on what would work for me! And I am glad that you all have setups that fit your style and functional desire for you and your adventures. So for me and the Bed rack I bought it is for getting me alone to a riding destination or getting the most sxs to one location as possible. I have 4 machines and more that join us. I can and do sleep anywhere life gives me a spot to close my eyes....back seat, trunk, bed of truck, ground, on a trailer, hammock, camper, tent, tree, floor, cave, etc. Thanks for all the different options people can choose from as they think through there needs! So back to the back and forth!!😂😂

There's always someone that's gonna tell you how wrong you are. Different strokes/different folks. Carry on sir.

Steve

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
The best thing about this Forum is it has different ideas from different people. It's great to have options. I agree we shouldn't rag, or I guess the new word is "troll", on someone who found a thing that works for them. My biggest issue about the Talon was the jumpy gas pedal. I added a spring and put a post up to show what I did, and you would have though I slapped someone's mom!!
Back to this post. I don't have or want a toy hauler. We rent houses or cabins in WV, TN, KY, when we go on trips. A lot of times I'm going solo to meet friends from other parts of the country. Hauling the Talon w/o a trailer is perfect for me. Now looking at @CummingsPusher putting his Talon in the back of his Dodge makes me wonder if I could put mine in the back of my Ford as she has an 8' bed. Worth a try. I have an X, so it might work. Once again, thanks for the post with the two different rack options.

Sarbuck

Sarbuck

Sep 29, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use an 8' flatbed with an extension that attaches to the flatbed for our Pioneer and still hauling an RV. The Pioneer and Talon are similar dimensions. It works great, and I can still turn the truck sharply and not punch a hole in our RV. Our setup isn't quite as high up there as yours. FWIW, I see guys using similar systems as yours all over Idaho. If you are comfortable using it more power to you.

I also added airbags since this photo was taken...didn't like the squat.
GMC RV and Pioneer
Flatbed extension

F

fpesce

Dec 22, 2020
Hawley PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have been interested in trying one of these out for awhile now. I got this rack used on Facebook to try it out. For me, it gives me a bunch options as I can tow a trailer still with it. I am pretty stoked to give it a real try. I went a few miles down the road just to try it out and it was solid! It is one butt puckering ride up the ramps but felt good. Once strapped everything felt really secure!!

View attachment 344146View attachment 344147View attachment 344148View attachment 344149View attachment 344150

Talonon2017GMC

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Backing it on adds to the heart rate
You should see the video @Hometeam sent me of him, buckass nekkid, JUMPING his onto the ramps in reverse! He said something about MDMA, I think that's a fuel additive or something?

He even had his hands up like he was on a rollercoaster. Good guy, strange cat.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You should see the video @Hometeam sent me of him, buckass nekkid, JUMPING his onto the ramps in reverse! He said something about MDMA, I think that's a fuel additive or something?

He even had his hands up like he was on a rollercoaster. Good guy, strange cat.
Sure that wasn’t a Hunter Biden video?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!