BOX1

Talon in a Truck Bed Rack

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Just went on 1000+ mile trip with this setup and it did great! Felt really good still at 80 on the interstate. My truck with bags handled it without any issues. I averaged around 10mpg on the way out and 9.xx on the way back with a head wind. I traveled about 10mph over the speed limit in most situations. I wanted to report back so people had first hand experience on it. I would buy it again so far after the 1st voyage!)

IMG 20221017 081936
IMG 20221017 081943

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just went on 1000+ mile trip with this setup and it did great! Felt really good still at 80 on the interstate. My truck with bags handled it without any issues. I averaged around 10mpg on the way out and 9.xx on the way back with a head wind. I traveled about 10mph over the speed limit in most situations. I wanted to report back so people had first hand experience on it. I would buy it again so far after the 1st voyage!)

View attachment 359089View attachment 359090
Nice looking setup!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
@Hometeam

Your truck is perfectly level, doesn't even know the Talon is up there (waaaay up der :oops: ). (no, I'm not one that thinks that's a problem 😎)

You have like a thousand pounds in the air bags? :p

Last edited:
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
@Hometeam

Your truck is perfectly level, doesn't even know the Talon is up there (waaaay up der :oops: ). (no, I'm not one that thinks that's a problem 😎)

You have like a thousand pounds in the air bags? :p
I had my air bags were at 57lbs. It really rode good. Only difference was really the wind noise. It wasn't bad but u could hear it.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I looked at this setup with my F250 but the cargo rating is only 2945 lbs. When I done the math, Pioneer with cab, glass windows, other accessories, weight of the rack, passengers and cargo and then tongue weight of the trialer I was was way over the suggested limit. I know the truck will handle it but my trailer tongue weight put me over to far for my liking. I would of also added air bags. I should of bought a ton but I didn't need it at the time.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Funny that people are so worried about this setup. A talon weights less than most cab over campers and we have been putting those in truck beds for decades...
True, Ive had a COC But those have a balance to them on your truck with the hight and weight throughout the truck with strategic tie downs at the front of the bed and back of the bed down to the bottom of the bad. Completely differnt set up for weight distribution and no wheels on it for roll off if a strap cuts loose. Thats the difference I that that has some up in arms. Myself, I say to each his own. But Ill pass on the set up.

Reactions: Biteme
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!