CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
With a COLD engine, start it, run around and grab both exhaust pipes at the head, If one cylinder is dead, that’s the one that won’t burn your hand. :eek:

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
My father-in-law has changed his twice on his 19 when he had it. He might have had 800 miles on it. I probably fouled one by just moving it a short distance then killing it.
They've been known to do that.......first thing I'd check is the plugs

good luck

Reactions: FJC 79
D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Fwiw, i'm at 20,000 miles on the factory plugs. It likes to die sometimes when it's cold, cranks a bit sometimes to start- would like to find someone i could trust to check valve adjustments, but :rolleyes:. As always, ymmv

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
Reactions: FJC 79
H

HondaTech

The 1000 series engine doesn't like short trips without warming all the way up. Of the plugs don't get cleared out or run till hot they will foul. Old gas seems to upset them as well.

I've found if they have a stutter when revved around 2500 rpm that's usually a sigh the plugs are unhappy as well.

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
The 1000 series engine doesn't like short trips without warming all the way up. Of the plugs don't get cleared out or run till hot they will foul. Old gas seems to upset them as well.

I've found if they have a stutter when revved around 2500 rpm that's usually a sigh the plugs are unhappy as well.
Good info about the stutter test. My valves were checked at 2000 miles, do you see a pattern of how often they should be inspected?

Reactions: CID
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Last night it cranked right up Like normal but ran at erratic rpm’s. Speed up slow, slow down, and drop to less than 1000 rpm’s. It was crazy. Never did that before.

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Last night I put the Talon on the Battery Tender charger. Today I cranked it and it started fine but after about a minute the erratic idle started. So I just let it run for about 15 minutes while doing other things. Within 15 minutes is returned to a near normal state. I took it for a high-speed spin in the sand pit near me and it ran great and idled fine after that. So I'm guessing I had fouled one of the plugs. I'll change them soon. I have 2200 miles on my 19 Talon X2.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!