H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I'd like to put 50,000 miles on my Talon but I will probably sell it at 30,000 when I have one year of extended warranty left. It still runs like new. Several of the RZR guys have bought Talons so not too many problems on the Tuesday rides. A couple of the rides was all Talons, Yeah!!

The Talon R is by far the best choice for Fast Paced High Mileage Rides in the Southwest. None of the belt drive side by sides can take the high mileage without a lot of repair. I was thinking about a 4 Seater or a Talon X Live Valve next but I just can't give up the extra Five Inches of suspension and wheelbase. My buddy made me a great deal on his Shock Therapy modified shocks. He bought the higher end $5,000 shocks. The light weight stock tires work great. Most 28 inch tires provide the best suspension performance especially in the Washboard and Boney trails. With my little Suzuki in the back my suspension seems to work better. The 30"s and 32's look great but the extra weight and higher gearing hurt the performance.

The air intake location and suspension are disappointing but most of us can fix those problems. I hope Honda will have those improvements for the 2022 models. The engine and double clutch trans are amazing and we can expect around 50,000 trouble free miles with good maintenance.

One of the guys asked me why I have the little motorcycle in the back. I told him its in case I have a breakdown. He said Hondas don't break. It reminded me of when I sold my Honda Foreman several years ago. It turned out the guy was a buyer for the Mexican Drug Cartel. Three months later the border patrol called me and asked me if I owned the Honda Foreman. I told them I sold it three months ago. I had to sign a paper so they could put it in their auction. He told me the Cartel welds on huge racks to carry drugs and the Cartel likes Hondas because they don't break. I enjoyed sending that endorsement to the guys at American Honda.

Happy Face

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I'd like to put 50,000 miles on my Talon but I will probably sell it at 30,000 when I have one year of extended warranty left. It still runs like new. Several of the RZR guys have bought Talons so not too many problems on the Tuesday rides. A couple of the rides was all Talons, Yeah!!

The Talon R is by far the best choice for Fast Paced High Mileage Rides in the Southwest. None of the belt drive side by sides can take the high mileage without a lot of repair. I was thinking about a 4 Seater or a Talon X Live Valve next but I just can't give up the extra Five Inches of suspension and wheelbase. My buddy made me a great deal on his Shock Therapy modified shocks. He bought the higher end $5,000 shocks. The light weight stock tires work great. Most 28 inch tires provide the best suspension performance especially in the Washboard and Boney trails. With my little Suzuki in the back my suspension seems to work better. The 30"s and 32's look great but the extra weight and higher gearing hurt the performance.

The air intake location and suspension are disappointing but most of us can fix those problems. I hope Honda will have those improvements for the 2022 models. The engine and double clutch trans are amazing and we can expect around 50,000 trouble free miles with good maintenance.

One of the guys asked me why I have the little motorcycle in the back. I told him its in case I have a breakdown. He said Hondas don't break. It reminded me of when I sold my Honda Foreman several years ago. It turned out the guy was a buyer for the Mexican Drug Cartel. Three months later the border patrol called me and asked me if I owned the Honda Foreman. I told them I sold it three months ago. I had to sign a paper so they could put it in their auction. He told me the Cartel welds on huge racks to carry drugs and the Cartel likes Hondas because they don't break. I enjoyed sending that endorsement to the guys at American Honda.

View attachment 271697
Trial tomorrow @ Alto .

Reactions: toddvdh
IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Ask your buddy to review those shocks when he gets a chance.

Reactions: toddvdh
Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Awesome review, mine has about 30 miles on it and I'm glad to hear I got at least another 20k of fun!

No issues or repairs at all outside of wear and tear items?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TimG and ChadD
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X

View attachment 271697
Thanks. That's an excellent report. There's no question that Honda engineering is far superior to the Canadian snowmobile companies with rubber band drive.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks. That's an excellent report. There's no question that Honda engineering is far superior to the Canadian snowmobile companies with rubber band drive.
I agree with Your Honda Engineering quote. But the Canadians even though belt drive make Some of the best snowmobiles youll ever own! My 2 skidoo’s with Rotax motors have been trouble free thousands of miles for years. I wish Honda made one, but they dont make belt drive anything and you need that for snow.
4F9FBD0F 6EE6 48DD B319 E8AB7FC965A3

@hondabob, cingrats on everything about your machine! Always look forward to reading your reports.

Last edited:
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Remington, I'm sure you are correct about snowmobiles. My comment was intended to compare Honda UTV/ATVs to Polaris and Can-Am. I know next to nothing about snowmobiles.

I think Polaris and Can-Am side by sides are currently more refined than our Hondas only because they've owned the market for many years. I expect future generations of Hondas will be more refined and offer more comfort features.

If Honda moves into the snowmobile market Can-Am and Polaris had better hang on.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Remington, I'm sure you are correct about snowmobiles. My comment was intended to compare Honda UTV/ATVs to Polaris and Can-Am. I know next to nothing about snowmobiles.

I think Polaris and Can-Am side by sides are currently more refined than our Hondas only because they've owned the market for many years. I expect future generations of Hondas will be more refined and offer more comfort features.

If Honda moves into the snowmobile market Can-Am and Polaris had better hang on.
I understood what you were saying. Dont take what said as a shot to what your statement lol. I knew from where u live you wouldn't know about sleds lol. I was just making the comparison and clear to others the difference as to what you were saying. Like i said before, A Honda trans would be chit in snow, would unfortunately have to be belt.
Oh its @Remington not Remington, I may have missed you mentioned me lol. All good

Reactions: 906UP and ChadD
ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree with Your Honda Engineering quote. But the Canadians even though belt drive make Some of the best snowmobiles youll ever own! My 2 skidoo’s with Rotax motors have been trouble free thousands of miles for years. I wish Honda made one, but they dont make belt drive anything and you need that for snow.
View attachment 271709
@hondabob, cingrats on everything about your machine! Always look forward to reading your reports.

😎

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I too WISH Honda would actually make some REAL changes/improvements to their SxS, as they use to with the old Elsinore/CRs every year. BUT it seems that now days, Honda is satisfied with simple make color/decal updates ....... pitiful!

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Yeah I too WISH Honda would actually make some REAL changes/improvements to their SxS, as they use to with the old Elsinore/CRs every year. BUT it seems that now days, Honda is satisfied with simple make color/decal updates ....... pitiful!

If they needed to I suppose they would.

They can’t keep up with demand currently so status quo it is.

Reactions: Dankathy and ChadD
S

Sr56

May 6, 2019
Murfreesboro
Just read this Hemings article. Maybe should keep my Honda Aquatrax in hope it will be worth something some day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
close to 10k CAD with duty and taxes/shipping. Nuts lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!