CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I met a guy in Utah with an X2, while I was sitting in the driver's seat, checking out his setup, he asked if I noticed anything different.

Yes, I do, I'm not being pushed forward at the small of my back.

He had made 1-1/2" seat risers for the front and 1" risers for the rear, tipping the seat back slightly in addition to the rise. I had already ordered the ebay 1-1/2" Jeep seat risers and I installed them when I got home. I liked the rise but was still getting pushed forward so I made a pair of 1" spacers for the rear. I installed them today and that small 1/2" tilt makes enough difference that it's obvious to me and I'm usually not able to notice lil crap like that.

Someone posted the ebay link for the Jeep risers and I clicked and ordered, sorry, no idea where that was. Note that Jeep must use different bolts - one seat uses four 8 mm bolts and the other uses two 8 mm and two 10 mm bolts. I think you'll have to source two more 8 mm bolts for the Talon (unless the passenger seat also uses two 8's and two 10's. The Jeep risers are also available in 2" rise for the shorter wife or kids.

Our very own @highpocket74 is making 1-1/2" seat risers for the Talon so you can forget ebay.

Now I'm not sure if I'll like the new pressure point behind my knees on the front seat bolster but whatever I end up with for height there will always be a 1/2" tilt back.

I used some scrap 1" square tubing I had laying around (and why one has extra holes) and some 1" x .100" flat strap to weld the ends shut for more strength (thin wall tubing isn't all that stout). I made them 2" square because there's room, the Jeep risers are 1-1/2" square.

I LKNSXSH XL

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Thanks for the plug CID.
My first big order of the seat risers have been laser cut and on their way to me. My local shop will bend them and powder coat then we'll be in business to start shipping pre-orders first then all orders. That laser cutter breakdown a couple weeks ago at the local shop put me behind schedule (and them). But we'll get back on track soon enough.

The replacement plastic caps for the passenger front seat anchors are looking good! Test fit last night found one more dimensional change needed for these to fit perfectly. Once I have all the parts in place I'll update website photos and be ready for orders.

M

Moog5050

Feb 6, 2022
Rochester
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Thanks for the plug CID.
My first big order of the seat risers have been laser cut and on their way to me. My local shop will bend them and powder coat then we'll be in business to start shipping pre-orders first then all orders. That laser cutter breakdown a couple weeks ago at the local shop put me behind schedule (and them). But we'll get back on track soon enough.

The replacement plastic caps for the passenger front seat anchors are looking good! Test fit last night found one more dimensional change needed for these to fit perfectly. Once I have all the parts in place I'll update website photos and be ready for orders.
highpocket - any chance you will make some shorter ones to allow the seat to lean back like mentioned above?

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
highpocket - any chance you will make some shorter ones to allow the seat to lean back like mentioned above?
Once I get the first design moving then maybe I can look into unequal heights. The current ones are very small so I'd have to see if the shop can even bend smaller than they are now.

Reactions: Udaman and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
A side note - when you have the seats loose, tape all the holes shut, you know, the ones that steam yer butt at every water crossing. :oops: Don't miss the ones under the front seat mounts like I did the first time I did it, they're aimed like scoops toward the radiator's hot airflow. The passenger side is worse because all those openings are right by the exhaust heat. 🥵 🥵

I used alum duct tape because I had it and it's really sticky. It looks like poop and the seat only hides some of it. :(
I DWkJRGN XL

ETA:

Passenger side before, looking through to the engine compartment. :eek:
I bNBZQnx XL

After -
I zWb9SRT XL

Last edited:
scottkooch

scottkooch

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 26, 2021
SO MN
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
A side note - when you have the seats loose, tape all the holes shut, you know, the ones that steam yer butt at every water crossing. :oops: Don't miss the ones under the front seat mounts like I did the first time I did it, they're aimed like scoops toward the radiator's hot airflow. The passenger side is worse because all those openings are right by the exhaust heat. 🥵 🥵

I used alum duct tape because I had it and it's really sticky. It looks like poop and the seat only hides some of it. :(
View attachment 339341
CID, one of highpocket's under seat boxes would look good under your seat. I just installed mine last night.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 339341

ETA:

View attachment 339348

After -
View attachment 339349

Really don't mean to push the product but when I see stuff like this. You said yourself, it looks like poop and you're putting sticky sh** on your plastics. These are designed just for that problem and they work. The only sticky thing needed is the one that comes with it.

Talon Shield 3Talon Shield 4Quick Shield

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X

View attachment 339341

ETA:

View attachment 339348

After -
View attachment 339349

I did the same but used black Gorilla duct tape and it is some STICKY stuff! It hasn't turned loose at all in a thousand miles. And, it's not so obvious, even in those places that are somewhat exposed after the seats are installed.

Steve

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Really don't mean to push the product but when I see stuff like this. You said yourself, it looks like poop and you're putting sticky sh** on your plastics. These are designed just for that problem and they work. The only sticky thing needed is the one that comes with it.

View attachment 339364View attachment 339365View attachment 339366
I may or may not have dumb question, but here goes. I've got the Honda fix, the factory flap and foil bubble shield, can I get rid of all that and just use the Trigger shield?

Reactions: trigger
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Reactions: trigger and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I need to get these for my Talon. The wife doesn't like all the heat coming from under the seats.
I don't blame her, when I rode as a passenger in Lil_Steve's Talon, I thought there was a blast furnace under my seat.

You might also look into the DEI heat control kit, it blocks off the tunnel, keeping all that radiator heat from running under the console to the engine. and turning the cab into a lobster roaster.

Last edited:
Reactions: TerryH
F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
I don't blame her, when I rode as a passenger in Lil_Steve's Talon, I thought there was a blast furnace under my seat.

You might also look into the DEI heat control kit, it blocks off the tunnel, keeping all that radiator heat from running under the console to the engine. and turning the cab into a lobster roaster.

I installed the DEI kit and I could not tell any difference.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I may or may not have dumb question, but here goes. I've got the Honda fix, the factory flap and foil bubble shield, can I get rid of all that and just use the Trigger shield?

Just remove your bubble stuff, all the factory stuff can stay in. Every little bit helps.

Reactions: CID
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I installed the DEI kit and I could not tell any difference.

I looked into everything available when I contemplated making these. The biggest complaint I saw in regards to the DEI kit was that there were multiple pieces to it, you had to take half the machine apart to install it, and there were no clear directions on how/where everything went. I even watched an install video and was still left wondering. 🤷‍♂️

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just remove your bubble stuff, all the factory stuff can stay in. Every little bit helps.
This is an important point - don't expect one idea to fix 100% of the heat/noise problem. I'll make changes, one at a time, until I'm satisfied. Trigger's kit helps damp noise, taping the holes does nothing for that.

Reactions: trigger
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I looked into everything available when I contemplated making these. The biggest complaint I saw in regards to the DEI kit was that there were multiple pieces to it, you had to take half the machine apart to install it, and there were no clear directions on how/where everything went. I even watched an install video and was still left wondering. 🤷‍♂️
For the curious, @TerryH did an install video on the DEI kit -

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!