Talon Seat Risers and Cab Heat Solutions

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Don't forget the Jeep CJ Dana 20 shift boot trick on the Talon shifter, that reduces a bunch of hot air pouring in.

The DEI kit is not hard to install, and does reduce much of the radiant heat around the floorboards and lower tunnel.

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
I thought the DEI kit did a pretty good job of heat mitigation personally. It does have a large fiberglass and foil covered self adhesive panel that goes on the panel behind the passenger seat. The Jeep shifter boot mod is the one that is truly worth it's weight in gold. Crazy how much heat come up thru the shifter hole. The boot virtually eliminates it.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
I thought the DEI kit did a pretty good job of heat mitigation personally. It does have a large fiberglass and foil covered self adhesive panel that goes on the panel behind the passenger seat. The Jeep shifter boot mod is the one that is truly worth it's weight in gold. Crazy how much heat come up thru the shifter hole. The boot virtually eliminates it.
I did the Jeep shifter boot on Terry's recommendation and it truly does work in keeping a lot of that heat out.

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
OK so I had to try the seat spacer deal. I cut 2 pieces 1.25" long from some UHMW PE Plastic Rod that I had left over from another project. Quite an amazing difference. Test it out more this weekend and decide if I want to try spacers on the rear of the seat also.

IMG 9969

IMG 9970

IMG 9971

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Reactions: TerryH
scottkooch

scottkooch

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 26, 2021
SO MN
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
OK so I had to try the seat spacer deal. I cut 2 pieces 1.25" long from some UHMW PE Plastic Rod that I had left over from another project. Quite an amazing difference. Test it out more this weekend and decide if I want to try spacers on the rear of the seat also.

View attachment 341199

View attachment 341200

View attachment 341201
Terry, if Mrs. Terry is anything like my wife, you better do her seat as well. She didn't like that I was sitting higher then her.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!