Talon Sub-Transmission Fix/Improvements ?

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ran across this and really don't know anything about it. I was curious if anyone had experience with this, or had expertise to add their opinion. Thanks

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SLOWPOKE693
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Snake oil. While rem polishing may help the subtrans run an ever so slight bit cooler in an endurance race application the amount of money for the return just isn't there for the average guy. The cryo treated parts being stronger is pure BS marketing talk. Turbo guys were breaking stock subtrans output shafts in half over a certian HP number so they tried out the CryoHeat part and broke them just as fast and in most cases faster than stock because they are not magically stronger. The aftermarket shafts that were made from 300M material was the real solution to that problem and now 320hp to the wheels is doable without breaking them.

REM polishing is something you do to a race car once you have wrung every bit of performance and handling out of it but just have to have that last 1/10th of 1 horsepower to the wheels that you know is hiding in there. Rich guy stuff... 😆

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Snake oil. While rem polishing may help the subtrans run an ever so slight bit cooler in an endurance race application the amount of money for the return just isn't there for the average guy. The cryo treated parts being stronger is pure BS marketing talk. Turbo guys were breaking stock subtrans output shafts in half over a certian HP number so they tried out the CryoHeat part and broke them just as fast and in most cases faster than stock because they are not magically stronger. The aftermarket shafts that were made from 300M material was the real solution to that problem and now 320hp to the wheels is doable without breaking them.

REM polishing is something you do to a race car once you have wrung every bit of performance and handling out of it but just have to have that last 1/10th of 1 horsepower to the wheels that you know is hiding in there. Rich guy stuff... 😆
kinda like rifle\gun barrels cryogenic crap - more money than brains\talent - they either shoot or don't shoot and good optics is the key AND knowing how to shoot is more important- same deal - rich guys show up with some $5K rifle versus my $350 Model 700....that does better in most cases