Talon tires trail and road

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
for what its worth, and probably done many times on this site, i just weighed up the factory tires here at halftime....

tires were taken off at 300 miles and are 90%+ is my hunch, using stock rims

total 4 factory tires - 118.8#'s
total 4 cheap ass 30x10x15 - 150.4#'s

so I added 32#'s of rotational mass :eek:, not sure I can tell, but yes it had to take something away
IMG 8600

Reactions: CID and SLOWPOKE693
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I run the Goodyear authority from walmart at $160 each, fronts went 14,000 miles rears will be done around 13,000. I ride all desert and (dry) trails, quite a bit of asphalt in there sometimes. 8lbs in the front 11 in the rear, no complaints from the passenger side about the ride. No flats to date. we are sightseers and explorers, normal day is 150-200 miles, full lock slides not on the menu

They are labled 31x10.50. measure almost 30 tall, about 10 1/4 wide. I have them on sti hd9 wheels, wouldn't hesitate to put them on stock wheels. Tried to give you a link, went like most of my efforts in the electronic world :mad:

No problem thank you very much going to check those out!
This looks like the tire Dan tried to link -

I have no idea how it got titled Robot or Human :oops: but the link goes to the right tire.

Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
Have you guys had any issues with your machine not going straight down the road after changing to these heavier tires? Thank you
My 2021000x-4 started pulling to the right after I installed a set of 31” megabyte. I took mine into a tire shop and had them balanced and aligned. This took care of my problem.

• Wow
Reactions: Remington
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
My 2021000x-4 started pulling to the right after I installed a set of 31” megabyte. I took mine into a tire shop and had them balanced and aligned. This took care of my problem.
what did they do to align the tires?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Good point!
Also i question why balance UTV tires and wheels?
One trip on trail and they will need it again like when my wife hits a pothole if even made a difference.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Perhaps he's referring to match mounting (aligning the tire's lightest spot with the heaviest spot on the wheel). There will be a colored dot on the tire and, depending upon the wheel, you line it up with the appropriate spot on the wheel (could be valve stem, could be 180° from the valve stem, could be a marking on the wheel). They do this to minimize the amount of additional weight needed to balance a tire.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Perhaps he's referring to match mounting (aligning the tire's lightest spot with the heaviest spot on the wheel). There will be a colored dot on the tire and, depending upon the wheel, you line it up with the appropriate spot on the wheel (could be valve stem, could be 180° from the valve stem, could be a marking on the wheel). They do this to minimize the amount of additional weight needed to balance a tire.
Thats all i did with my DOT’s on my P1 just lined up the dot. No need to put balance weight on the rim. I can do 65-80 easy with my Snuff tune but Im not getting on I94 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Scoop and CID
Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
Have you guys had any issues with your machine not going straight down the road after changing to these heavier tires? Thank you

I have a machine same as yours but a 2021 model. I experience mine pulling to the right shortly after I installed a set of 31” megabytes. I ended up taking it to a tire dealer and had the wheels balanced and a front end alignment.
Took care of my problem and smoothed out the ride when I hit the roads.

• Haha
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a machine same as yours but a 2021 model. I experience mine pulling to the right shortly after I installed a set of 31” megabytes. I ended up taking it to a tire dealer and had the wheels balanced and a front end alignment.
Took care of my problem and smoothed out the ride when I hit the roads.
Wait….You just said all that in post #23🤔

But like @DRZRon1 asked, what did they use to align the front end? And why did u balance the tires?

Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
Wait….You just said all that in post #23🤔

But like @DRZRon1 asked, what did they use to align the front end? And why did u balance the tires?
They put it on their regular alignment machine, same as they do for cars. I had the tires balanced because I have to travel about five miles by asphalt roads to get to the trail head unless I want to trailer it. At 50mph having the tires balanced gives me a much smoother ride and less wear on the tires.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
They put it on their regular alignment machine, same as they do for cars. I had the tires balanced because I have to travel about five miles by asphalt roads to get to the trail head unless I want to trailer it. At 50mph having the tires balanced gives me a much smoother ride and less wear on the tires.
I don’t disagree (if that matters) if ya have a wobble, yes- I’m the guy who had my trailer tires balanced - I felt a little shaky shaky out back and had them balanced and all good - not sure ya can knock them out of balance too bad on the trails unless ya knock the weights off?

Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
I don’t disagree (if that matters) if ya have a wobble, yes- I’m the guy who had my trailer tires balanced - I felt a little shaky shaky out back and had them balanced and all good - not sure ya can knock them out of balance too bad on the trails unless ya knock the weights off?
I believe the whole thing cost me under $80.00. That’s probably the least amount I have paid for any upgrade on my SXS….lol

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m the guy who had my trailer tires balanced
I do that as well cuz of the speeds and weight. Dont see any need for it on a UTV and I do move mega speeds on an asphalt rd to get to point A&B. But you cant hide money! To each his own

Reactions: Scoop
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have aligned my pioneer a couple of times. If you know what specs you want you can set it. Factory models are toe adjustable only. My C-Fab arms let me adjust some camber.

Post 35

Any side by side should/could be at least toe adjustable.

I balance my own wheels/tires. I balance them on my trailers too. My opinion is that any "vibration" is added wear on suspension components.

I currently use DOT Achilles Desert Hawk MT 30x9.50r15 for my home setup and I am happy with them.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!