Talon vs X3

M

MP0W3RD

Nov 13, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
My experience on the dunes in my friend’s X3 is what convinced me to buy an SxS. It was really fun.

I decided on the Talon for the DCT transmission and Live Valve suspension. I can always add a turbo later (engine seems to be built with one in mind) but I believe it will be years before I can explore its full capabilities as it sits now.

Reactions: Smitty335
M

MP0W3RD

Nov 13, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Can someone please do a comparison between a corvette and a Lambo? I'm sure they are similar with just a couple differences. I'm torn, not sure which to get.
Depends on which Corvette and Lambo you’re comparing I suppose.

The upcoming C8 Z06 has a lot of the hallmarks of the typical Italian supercar: high revving, mid engine, ridiculous wail, rear wheel drive.

Both cars are available with DCTs and DOHC engines. The Lamborghini can be had with all wheel drive where as RWD is the only flavor for Vette.

Both cars DO the same thing in terms they’re impractical cars that get you from point A to point B.

The C8 Z06 is rumored to start at under 100K. For roughly triple the money, the Lamborghini is giving you the following: 2-4 more cylinders (depending on the model you choose), prestige, exclusivity, sex appeal, and being a f****** LAMBORGHINI.

THAT BEING SAID…as someone who enjoys high performance cars and the race track…I would personally choose the Corvette for the following reasons: its cheaper, LIKELY more reliable, just as fast, and did I mention its a LOT cheaper?

The Corvette is not a substitute for the Lamborghini but DAMN is it a SPECTACULAR knockoff. If money is no subject, just get a Ferrari 458 and thank me later :)

Reactions: Adam_20_Adam
DHS_Officer

DHS_Officer

Jan 14, 2021
Orange County Cal
Ownership

1. Talon X
Depends on which Corvette and Lambo you’re comparing I suppose.

The upcoming C8 Z06 has a lot of the hallmarks of the typical Italian supercar: high revving, mid engine, ridiculous wail, rear wheel drive.

Both cars are available with DCTs and DOHC engines. The Lamborghini can be had with all wheel drive where as RWD is the only flavor for Vette.

Both cars DO the same thing in terms they’re impractical cars that get you from point A to point B.

The C8 Z06 is rumored to start at under 100K. For roughly triple the money, the Lamborghini is giving you the following: 2-4 more cylinders (depending on the model you choose), prestige, exclusivity, sex appeal, and being a f****** LAMBORGHINI.

THAT BEING SAID…as someone who enjoys high performance cars and the race track…I would personally choose the Corvette for the following reasons: its cheaper, LIKELY more reliable, just as fast, and did I mention its a LOT cheaper?

The Corvette is not a substitute for the Lamborghini but DAMN is it a SPECTACULAR knockoff. If money is no subject, just get a Ferrari 458 and thank me later :)
So really what you're saying is the only real thing they have in common is that they have an engine and 4 wheels. But they really aren't in the same class and as such to compare them is not really fare....kind of like one is an X3 the other is a talon? :)

M

MP0W3RD

Nov 13, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
So really what you're saying is the only real thing they have in common is that they have an engine and 4 wheels. But they really aren't in the same class and as such to compare them is not really fare....kind of like one is an X3 the other is a talon? :)
at least the Talon and X3 start at a similar price point lol

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
While everyone is having a hearty laugh at the Canned Ham's misfortune, my buddy cracked the sump on his Talon R.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
While everyone is having a hearty laugh at the Canned Ham's misfortune, my buddy cracked the sump on his Talon R.
Actually it’s at the driver’s expense.

both machines need real skid plates…….

Reactions: Dave75 and TripleB
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R

Seen that before, they are very thin. Also watched my buddy change his oil at the track and when reinstalling the drain plug had the sump split in half. Luckily a dealer near the track had one in stock, but still...

Edit: I heard a rumor recently that someone was working on a billet version. No idea if it will actually happen though.

Reactions: 1HasBeen
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
This guy prefers the X3. Or in this case, the XXXL3.

Screenshot 20211202 070535

N8theGR8

N8theGR8

Oct 3, 2019
Central Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Do Talons have high-elevation issues with maintaining low end and torque? I have a Pioneer 700-4 but want to get into crawling/climbing sometime in the future and would need that suspension travel? Thanks!

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Do Talons have high-elevation issues with maintaining low end and torque? I have a Pioneer 700-4 but want to get into crawling/climbing sometime in the future and would need that suspension travel? Thanks!
Pioneer 700 is a 3 speed without low range.

the talon is a 6 speed with low range option…….

nothing to worry about.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!