Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone tried the Tensor Regulators? I'm OK with the stock tires for now but when they get close I want a DOT tire and with no "squirm" in the side walls and more ply. Our rigs don't exactly corner like a Porsche and could be seriously improved upon with better rolling rubber.

Any thoughts??

Tensor Regulator Radial Tire | UTV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
Yep I have them over 2,000 miles not one flat show very little wear. Zero complaints

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone tried the Tensor Regulators? I'm OK with the stock tires for now but when they get close I want a DOT tire and with no "squirm" in the side walls and more ply. Our rigs don't exactly corner like a Porsche and could be seriously improved upon with better rolling rubber.

Any thoughts??

I posed a question on the RM website....is "DOT" embossed on the side of the tire? An officer would not know and would question you for proof if he stopped you.

Sent from my SM-T818V using Tapatalk

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What LT tire is he running?? Hey Moparornocar...what'cha got?? I want to stay 28" no larger.

Here's another question...in 28"x14" they ALL the tires are 10" wide, Is there any problem running 10" all the way around with stock wheels ie 12" wheels rear and 8" wheels front?

Last edited:
Reactions: CumminsPusher
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I posed a question on the RM website....is "DOT" embossed on the side of the tire? An officer would not know and would question you for proof if he stopped you.

Sent from my SM-T818V using Tapatalk

If it doesn't have a TIN molded in to the side wall it is not a DOT tire.
Its part of the DOT regulation.

DOT Tire Identification Number (TIN)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Any thoughts??

Yea I got some new Moto Hammers, stock size, went riding at Bear Creek last week end, lots of square edged rocks , pinched a side wall running 10 psi in the fronts, kept 10 psi in the rear, no issues, went to 14 psi in the front and no issues, but i'm thinking I should have bought rims and tires same size all four corners, bigger tires in the front. and Ordered the right front rims to make the front not any wider than it is now. And that might require forward a arms.

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If it doesn't have a TIN molded in to the side wall it is not a DOT tire.
Its part of the DOT regulation.

DOT Tire Identification Number (TIN)

This is why I asked. Just because "they" say it is just because it is 6,8 or 10 ply doesn't make it so. Just another sales pitch unless it has the TIN specification on the tire itself. A process every manufacture must go through for each model tire and probably not a cheap process.

Reactions: JTW and Smitty335
J

JTW

What LT tire is he running?? Hey Moparornocar...what'cha got?? I want to stay 28" no larger.

Here's another question...in 28"x14" they ALL the tires are 10" wide, Is there any problem running 10" all the way around with stock wheels ie 12" wheels rear and 8" wheels front?
No problem running 10’s on all 4. I am on the stock deluxe wheels as are a few others.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

He's got bf goodrich mud terrains. The only problem is they are not legal for Wisconsin trails. Rules say must be low pressure tires On our trails. Will it ever matter? I doubt it. But if your in a regularly patrolled area it's something to chew on.

Reactions: moparornocar
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good or bad I believe the regulators were a little heavier than the terrabites and the lugs weren’t as tall (or tread as deep)... just FYI.

I’m not sure that I wouldn’t go with a LT tire after seeing @moparornocar go everywhere last weekend!
Tensors are heavier because they are steel belted. And sidewalls are about an inch thick

Reactions: JTW
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

215/75/15 big mud terrain km2

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He's got bf goodrich mud terrains. The only problem is they are not legal for Wisconsin trails. Rules say must be low pressure tires On our trails. Will it ever matter? I doubt it. But if your in a regularly patrolled area it's something to chew on.
The trails we have out here are by local at clubs own admission, very rarely if ever patrolled. In the highly unlikely event I were to be stopped by DNR on another trail i will just eat the ticket as the cost of doing business. Trail passes for WIsconsin are ridiculously cheap anyway. There’s a couple dudes running general grabbers on their rangers around here since they are mostly pavement princesses.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With a sidewall super thick, it should help with the sway/tip when cornering. You can forget any shock absorption from the tires.
I would sure like to see some in person and verify the DOT/TIN stuff.

I still think I gonna go with Tensors' anyway when the time comes.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!