P1000 Terrible pull and handling.

H

Herkloader1

Nov 7, 2022
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So my 2022 100-5 completely wore out my original front tires in under 500 miles.
I pulled the trigger on a nice set of Tusk tires.
It immediately started severely pulling left on me. The tire shop did not get the bead set on two of my tires. After fixing this, it seemed to do ok other then a grinding noise when I turned.
Turned out they swapped a back and rear tire in me. Got that fixed and the pull was back.
Everything is tight and air pressures are good.
The thing also acts like a death wobble on a F350 truck at times.
I am at a loss as I only have about 600 miles on it and it has all been pack trails ,old logging roads.So no ruff riding.
Any ideas on what could be causing this?
I cannot afford tires every 500 miles.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Check your toe-in. Honda seems incapable of sending them out with both front tires pointing anywhere near the same direction. :mad: Any toe-in is better than toed out. 1/8” to 3/16” should get you in the ball park. Someone with the actual spec should be along in a minute.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So my 2022 100-5
Never heard of a 100-5 🤔 😂
Welcome from Michigan!
Seen you joined today. Glad to have ya! When u get a chance start an Into Thread and tell us about yourself and post some pics! As we say….
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
And of this tire ware!

H

Herkloader1

Nov 7, 2022
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never heard of a 100-5 🤔 😂
Welcome from Michigan!
Seen you joined today. Glad to have ya! When u get a chance start an Into Thread and tell us about yourself and post some pics! As we say….
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
And of this tire ware!

20220810 143348

H

Herkloader1

Nov 7, 2022
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It had maybe 5 miles of pavement driving. The rest where old hard pack trails ,like old logging roads.
The severe pull started after I put the new tires on it. I went with the Tusk tires because it is a harder compound then the factory tires.
It may be just me but they seem like the front tires point in different directions.
Just trying to figure out why it pulls and sometimes feels like a wheel is coming off now.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It had maybe 5 miles of pavement driving. The rest where old hard pack trails ,like old logging roads.
The severe pull started after I put the new tires on it. I went with the Tusk tires because it is a harder compound then the factory tires.
It may be just me but they seem like the front tires point in different directions.
Just trying to figure out why it pulls and sometimes feels like a wheel is coming off now.
For your tires to wear like that on non blacktop surfaces I would think there is something very wrong. Way out of alignment or something broken or very loose. Should be obvious I would think.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looking at the picture the tire seams to be wore flat. I just set the toe on mine because at 1700 mile the inside of both tires are wore. Toe was out on mine. Are yours wore on one side more than the other? I can't tell from the picture. Here's what mine looks like.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
suggestion

-get each side up off the ground and check

wheel bearings
a arm pivots
ball joints
shocks leaking
suspension hardware
dare to say - tire balance
check rotor bolts - they have been known to back out
by chance did the calipers ever get removed and are rotated pinching the brake line
check for stuck caliper piston

then onto alignment

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!