P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I keep wearing out upper ball joints and the superatv bushings he uses for his arms.
I'm having issues there myself.

I replaced both upper ball joints at 1500 and 1900 miles. They're now both AZ lifetime warrantied, and they're now around the 1500 mile mark again.

I've been greasing more frequently, we'll see how they hold up.

These are 1 ton truck joints, but they are used as tie rod ends on a truck. I'm a bit skeptical as to whether they're up to the task of upper ball joint on a Pioneer.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Dezrik , I'm going to Oilite bushings next time around. I'm due to replace my rear bushings, so I'm going to start there first.

I'll report here on the forum once I get them all spec'd out and installed.

I hate plastic bushings. They're ridiculous in such an abusive environment.

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm having issues there myself.

I replaced both upper ball joints at 1500 and 1900 miles. They're now both AZ lifetime warrantied, and they're now around the 1500 mile mark again.

I've been greasing more frequently, we'll see how they hold up.

These are 1 ton truck joints, but they are used as tie rod ends on a truck. I'm a bit skeptical as to whether they're up to the task of upper ball joint on a Pioneer.
The top ball joint is actually for a car, the lower one is 1 ton truck. I'm replacing mine every 400 miles or so. I've been in contact with gp bushings and he does make some lifetime bushings

Justinp1-5

Justinp1-5

Aug 18, 2019
Central florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That makes sense, did the 6" add a lot more strain to your steering rack? I worry about all of the extra leverage of the longer arms on all of the rest of my parts. lots of stumps under water where i ride. I keep spare tie rods on me at all times.

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That makes sense, did the 6" add a lot more strain to your steering rack? I worry about all of the extra leverage of the longer arms on all of the rest of my parts. lots of stumps under water where i ride. I keep spare tie rods on me at all times.
The tie rods TTC builds with superatv inners kept breaking on me, one moab ride I broke 3 in one day. Now his HD Setup is heims and a clevis, really beef but the knuckle side is kinda booty fab however its held together no problem. I haven't had any issues breaking the rack suprisingly. I will order a RB3 rack when funds allow.

• Wow
Reactions: CID
Justinp1-5

Justinp1-5

Aug 18, 2019
Central florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking at their tie rods, you say the regular hd rods aren't great? I never have a problem with stock inners, but the center is weak so thats probably why. I liked the drop on the regular hd to compensate for lift. Not sure if it is good or bad, but i have been running stock tie rods because they are much easier to replace than a rack and a whole lot cheaper. dont really know if an hd set up would help or hurt. I am for sure ready to dump my C-fab set up before the sloppy ball joint cup puts me on my roof, I will not buy SATV arms after i have seen so many come apart, and now i am hearing the ball joints on the TTC are junk, Maybe i should just be looking at TTC rears and fix my C-fab fronts?

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The top ball joint is actually for a car, the lower one is 1 ton truck. I'm replacing mine every 400 miles or so. I've been in contact with gp bushings and he does make some lifetime bushings
Ah, thanks for the correction.

I did also look at the GPs. If I don't get as far as oilite next time, I'd go with his to try them out.

I also think I'd ream the TTC arms out first as well. Not a fan of this:

• Wow
Reactions: CID and Dezrik
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking at their tie rods, you say the regular hd rods aren't great? I never have a problem with stock inners, but the center is weak so thats probably why. I liked the drop on the regular hd to compensate for lift. Not sure if it is good or bad, but i have been running stock tie rods because they are much easier to replace than a rack and a whole lot cheaper. dont really know if an hd set up would help or hurt. I am for sure ready to dump my C-fab set up before the sloppy ball joint cup puts me on my roof, I will not buy SATV arms after i have seen so many come apart, and now i am hearing the ball joints on the TTC are junk, Maybe i should just be looking at TTC rears and fix my C-fab fronts?

I'm not willing (yet) to call the TTC joint setup junk. The one thing they have going for them is easier change-outs, because they thread in vs. pressing them in.

The first ones he sent me were junk. They didn't even have zerks on them. When I contacted him about them, he advised me that I got cheap joints because he couldn't get the better ones due to supply chain issues. Not whatv I wanted to hear...

Then I went to the Duralast lifetime. I get free replacements, but 1500 miles doesn't seem like a very good replacement interval, although I'm not sure people are getting much better from stock, or other kits.

As I said, I'm now greasing a lot more frequently, like every few hundred miles. We'll see how it goes.

Reactions: CID
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My next thing would be to try genuine Moog joints if I can't get better life out of these duralasts.

Justinp1-5

Justinp1-5

Aug 18, 2019
Central florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think i can put Keller ball joints in my upper a arms and solve the problem I am having, the extra 1.5 inches of forward rake would be nice, but that is the only 2 complaints i have with my C-fab fronts, everything else that has happened to them was all me, cant blame the a arms for bending under extreme load. and I have had good luck with stock ball joints. Any one know what a set of rears cost?

Reactions: Dezrik
H

Hotroddually

Mar 24, 2023
Cincinnati, Oh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all, my P1000-5 is supposed to arrive at the dealer in April and I am about to get a lift on order for it. I have been leaning towards the Texas 6" long travel but I see it has some clear issues per this thread. Do most of you recommend it? Is it worth upgrading to the heavy duty version with the heims instead of ball joints? Should I put different bushings in off the bat and if so anyone know where to source them? Thanks I really appreciate any guidance!

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They are the best on the market. I believe the bushings won't wear quite as fast with 2022 machines and up. I'd recommend getting the Keller ball joint upgrade and upgraded hd tie rods.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
361Dustin

361Dustin

Jan 2, 2021
South Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jared, we will be in touch soon to order the 6 inch LT! Im finally showing the pioneer some love! Chopped the top the other day and installed new exhaust, Elkas are otw just need to order the lift. It’s finally coming together. Was hoping y’all would have had a booth at Mud Nats at Sabine atv last weekend.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!