Texas Tough Customs Pioneer 1000 Lift Kits

N

novaman64

Aug 22, 2021
Sacramento, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You get about 2" of extra travel in the front and about 4" extra in the rear, but you gain alot more flex because of the added length.
Gotcha... I have a sport SxS right now (which is useless other than out in the wide open dez), though only get out to the dez 3-4x a year with some buddies... I know a Pioneer will never be a capable dez rig, but was curious with decent shocks and this long travel how it would do. The rest of the year its gonna be a ranch workhorse and used for hunting (which my sport SxS doesnt do at all).

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gotcha... I have a sport SxS right now (which is useless other than out in the wide open dez), though only get out to the dez 3-4x a year with some buddies... I know a Pioneer will never be a capable dez rig, but was curious with decent shocks and this long travel how it would do. The rest of the year its gonna be a ranch workhorse and used for hunting (which my sport SxS doesnt do at all).
I have a pioneer 1000-5LE. I have not added the TT 3” A-arm lift to mine yet but I am going to. I did the AZPT this year in the pioneer and it was great. Mind you I was not airing it out on dunes or anything like that but it did great in the mountains and everywhere else. I have a cabin in mo on the black river so my primary use for my rig is hauling my stuff back and forth across the river. I have rode at Windrock tn, we wound up on black line red diamond trail (the worse one). Luckily we were with 5 friends who have a lot more experience than me. It took us 14hrs but we made it. The trail is meant for Jeeps. There were 3 places we had to winch most of down. Great first trip in one’s Sxs. It made me a better driver 4 sure. I too am a hunter and you can get a deer in the bed with a little work.

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a pioneer 1000-5LE. I have not added the TT 3” A-arm lift to mine yet but I am going to. I did the AZPT this year in the pioneer and it was great. Mind you I was not airing it out on dunes or anything like that but it did great in the mountains and everywhere else. I have a cabin in mo on the black river so my primary use for my rig is hauling my stuff back and forth across the river. I have rode at Windrock tn, we wound up on black line red diamond trail (the worse one). Luckily we were with 5 friends who have a lot more experience than me. It took us 14hrs but we made it. The trail is meant for Jeeps. There were 3 places we had to winch most of down. Great first trip in one’s Sxs. It made me a better driver 4 sure. I too am a hunter and you can get a deer in the bed with a little work.
I got it backwards it is red line black diamond 😂

Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Post pics of your rig when you get it done. I also have an LE, curious to see what it looks like all dressed up.

Reactions: Shelly
alfredsuter

alfredsuter

Apr 19, 2021
Jacksonville, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone I am new to the forum so please take this down if it's not allowed. I have had many people tell me to join this forum because noone over here is familiar with me or my lifts.

My name is Jared Doster and I am the owner of Texas Tough Customs and we specialize in building lifts for the Pioneer 1000. We have both a 3" kit as well as a premium 6" longtravel kit. Both kits provide maximum ground clearance and move the front wheels forward 3" (4" on the 6" kit) and the rear wheels back 2.5" (3.5" on the 6" kit) to allow for larger tires. We have taken a different approach to the design of our arms that provides more versatility and strength. For ball joints, we use automotive grade 1 Ton truck tie rod ends that screw in. This allows you to easily change one trail side if you do end up breaking one. Our kits are built for abuse and come complete with HD tie rods, ball joints, and bushings. For more information, pics, and pricing visit my website below. Also dont hesitate to give me a call anytime. I would love an opportunity to earn your business.

Hey Jared, your work looks amazing, I'm sure you have quite a following now since you originally posted this. One of my buddies mentioned your shop so I came here to look you up. I was wondering if you could help in my particular situation. I have a 2021 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 LE which has the i4wd so special axles (meaning a lift gets stupid expensive), and I have the new SATV 8" portals and +1.5 forward but 0" lift forward A arms from SATV and 37" tires. I am very happy with my setup, it's just enough to get me through everything, but at full turn I get some rubbing and it's both annoying and embarrassing. They would probably not rub at just +2.0 or +2.5. Do you have any A arms like that? I know you have a sweet looking package that includes Front and Rear arms, tie rods, ball joints, bushings, etc, but that seems like overkill to fix my rubbing issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jared,I have a 2017 pioneer 1000-5Le also with the I-4WD with special axles. I too would be interested to know if you have the 3” lift that would work for my application. I do not have portals. Strictly factory at this point.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
...They would probably not rub at just +2.0 or +2.5. Do you have any A arms like that?
You can buy a set of front arms from TTC with no lift built in, that'll move them forward 3.5".

Jared isn't a regular here, so I'd recommend calling him at 936-581-2948.

Reactions: toddvdh and JenElio
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Justinp1-5

Justinp1-5

Aug 18, 2019
Central florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What ball joints would it use as a replacement? i see that the website says they are automotive ball joints, but if you have ever got any parts from advance, it is hard enough to get the right parts with your year/make/model info, i doubt they would be able to go in the back and actually match up parts. debating between the 3" and 6" lift. i dont really want to go higher or wider, but would benifit from the stability and extra articulation. mine tends to be a little tippy with 6" portals and 35s

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Justinp1-5 I happen to have those numbers right here in my phone for reference. Some are easier to source locally than others.

Texas Tough Customs Front End

Upper Ball Joints - Moog ES2848LT
Lower Ball Joints - Moog ES437L
Inner Tie Rod Ends - SATV T4571
Outer Tie Rod Ends - Moog ES80558

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Make sure to use high-end parts like Moog and grease them regularly.

I'm currently running the Autozone Duralast on the uppers because they were in stock and have a lifetime warranty. I did burn through one of those and got a free replacement, so the verdict isn't in on them yet. I've upped my greasing frequency.

Last edited:
Justinp1-5

Justinp1-5

Aug 18, 2019
Central florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a habit of breaking a arms and the occasional steering rack. I have broke 3 a arms and bent 1. makes me nervous to buy the 6" lift because of added strain on everything. should i stay with stock width or does anyone have issues with the 6"?

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm running the 3" - note that those part numbers above were for the 3" kit. Probably the same for the 6".

Here's my thread on the topic:

Off the top of my head, I can think of @Dezrik running TTC 6" kit, I think. Maybe he can chime in on your 6" questions.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Or, call Jared at TTC directly. He's great about answering his phone, and always very helpful with any questions.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm running the 3" - note that those part numbers above were for the 3" kit. Probably the same for the 6".

Here's my thread on the topic:

Off the top of my head, I can think of @Dezrik running TTC 6" kit, I think. Maybe he can chime in on your 6" questions.
I think @aauman88 is running some TTC arms as well

Justinp1-5

Justinp1-5

Aug 18, 2019
Central florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am running c-fab now, my only complaint is that they dont give the length of the ttc arms, they are getting worn out and front ball joints no longer press in, they just kind of fall in the socket, I am thinking the xtra length will make the buggy a little more stable and maybe ride a little better, eliminating any scrubbing will be nice too.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I am running c-fab now, my only complaint is that they dont give the length of the ttc arms, they are getting worn out and front ball joints no longer press in, they just kind of fall in the socket, I am thinking the xtra length will make the buggy a little more stable and maybe ride a little better, eliminating any scrubbing will be nice too.
C-fab doesn't warranty that issue?

Justinp1-5

Justinp1-5

Aug 18, 2019
Central florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They would not warranty the bent arm, and not the ball joint socket being worn, the breaks in the metal they may, but I decided to do it myself so i could add gussets. I did not want to wait to get my parts back, and wanted to reinforce where i could. I can tell you that the C-fab arms are strong, no real complaints other than wanting the extra length. everything i broke i broke honest, light weight parts will only take so much abuse and when you add big portals and big tires it is bound to happen. That being said, TTC should send me the arms to BETA test for them.:cool:

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They would not warranty the bent arm, and not the ball joint socket being worn, the breaks in the metal they may, but I decided to do it myself so i could add gussets. I did not want to wait to get my parts back, and wanted to reinforce where i could. I can tell you that the C-fab arms are strong, no real complaints other than wanting the extra length. everything i broke i broke honest, light weight parts will only take so much abuse and when you add big portals and big tires it is bound to happen. That being said, TTC should send me the arms to BETA test for them.:cool:
sorry I beta test the 6" Long arms haha, thats why hes changed tubing thickness of his arms! If you go with the long arm setup, get 2 bolt uppers. It would of saved me a lot of time however Im still making the single bolt setup work for this riding season. This winter I plan on building a whole new upper arm myself. I keep wearing out upper ball joints and the superatv bushings he uses for his arms.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!