drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Only a couple members, (they will remain nameless so I don't embarrass them), were aware that my Wife had a heart procedure yesterday and we spent all day at the hospital. This procedure game plan came about in about two days so it was not a planned thing. I put away smart ass Don and brought out worrying Don for the day. It was beyond priceless to be able to talk to them through the forum while I was waiting for Christine's doctor to come back to the room and talk to me.
I wouldn't be posting this but I want to thank them publicly for their respect and concern for not only me but for my Wife. We have real good people on this forum. Before I go any further Christine is doing great, she is sleeping late this morning, I'm sure she needs it. No heart damage, no blocked arteries and no stents or other measures needed to be implemented. The doc said he wishes his heart was as good as hers.
Ok, I've changed my mind, I'm throwing out the names of those members who kept up with what was going on yesterday. @CumminsPusher and @Delton were both invaluable yesterday and I consider them part of my family as they consider me and my Wife a part of theirs. I know if I had told other members on the forum about what was going on they would have responded in a similar way as CP and Delton did but for some reason I was comfortable with letting these two wingnuts know.
I want to thank the Lord for watching over my Wife, and CP and Delton for keeping me occupied. CP's Wife sent a nice flower arrangement to the hospital too. It was a very thoughtful thing to do. I still don't know how they found the hospital from over 2200 miles away. I don't remember telling them which one we were at. I wasn't thinking real clearly yesterday so I might have thrown it out there at some point.
Ok, I'm back to being smart ass Don and life is good.:cool:

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Only a couple members, (they will remain nameless so I don't embarrass them), were aware that my Wife had a heart procedure yesterday and we spent all day at the hospital. This procedure game plan came about in about two days so it was not a planned thing. I put away smart ass Don and brought out worrying Don for the day. It was beyond priceless to be able to talk to them through the forum while I was waiting for Christine's doctor to come back to the room and talk to me.
I wouldn't be posting this but I want to thank them publicly for their respect and concern for not only me but for my Wife. We have real good people on this forum. Before I go any further Christine is doing great, she is sleeping late this morning, I'm sure she needs it. No heart damage, no blocked arteries and no stents or other measures needed to be implemented. The doc said he wishes his heart was as good as hers.
Ok, I've changed my mind, I'm throwing out the names of those members who kept up with what was going on yesterday. @CumminsPusher and @Delton were both invaluable yesterday and I consider them part of my family as they consider me and my Wife a part of theirs. I know if I had told other members on the forum about what was going on they would have responded in a similar way as CP and Delton did but for some reason I was comfortable with letting these two wingnuts know.
I want to thank the Lord for watching over my Wife, and CP and Delton for keeping me occupied. CP's Wife sent a nice flower arrangement to the hospital too. It was a very thoughtful thing to do. I still don't know how they found the hospital from over 2200 miles away. I don't remember telling them which one we were at. I wasn't thinking real clearly yesterday so I might have thrown it out there at some point.
Very nice post Don and glad to hear your wife is doing well. I will keep you both in my prayers and hope for a speedy recovery. What a nice group of guys we have here...

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You have a smartass side?? This is news to me lol. So glad she's doing fine. Best sleep I ever got was after my back surgeries lol. Nothing in the world as precious as a good woman so I totally understand you being nervous. I never argue politics or religion but I totally believe in the power of prayer.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member

Well said brother!

Very happy all is well. Tell C that the forum family is thinking about her and praying for a speedy recovery!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You're very good people DrF. I'm sure everyone enjoys you being here and sharing your crazy antics and life stories as much as we do.
I'm glad to hear C is continuing to do well but that was pretty apparent that was going to be her path based off of how quick she flew through surgery and was released. She's as tough as you and you two are great for each other (not sure how she puts up with you lol) and this was just a step to many more years together.

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The lord has blessed you both, the fact that it went well and she is healthy and recovering strong just proves it. You have been a great member here and we all appreciate it. We are all here for you whatever you need.

Now spend some time with your woman and take care of her needs. She sure deserves it.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I would just like to say I couldn't be happier for the good news with your wife's procedure!:) You couldn't have chosen a better couple of guys to be there for you! Although I haven't had the pleasure to meet any of you in person, I feel that this site is exactly as you have described an "extended forum family"!;) Lastly I would like to say that when good things happen to good people the world just feels "Right"! @drfubar you and your wife Christine will be in my prayers:)

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would just like to say I couldn't be happier for the good news with your wife's procedure!:) You couldn't have chosen a better couple of guys to be there for you! Although I haven't had the pleasure to meet any of you in person, I feel that this site is exactly as you have described an "extended forum family"!;) Lastly I would like to say that when good things happen to good people the world just feels "Right"! @drfubar you and your wife Christine will be in my prayers:)
Couldn't have been said any better than that right there!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was just talking with another member of this site about how good so many people are here it's weird.People here have me laughing my ass of one minute then in tears the next so ya that's family. So many great stories of people being real. It's great people that make a great site. So many incredible personalities here that we all feel we know. We all benefit from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

I was just talking with another member of this site about how good so many people are here it's weird.People here have me laughing my ass of one minute then in tears the next so ya that's family. So many great stories of people being real. It's great people that make a great site. So many incredible personalities here that we all feel we know. We all benefit from it.

Family my ass!!! I like you all a whole lot better than most of my family!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Family my ass!!! I like you all a whole lot better than most of my family!!

Sometimes with you I wait for the punchline but I sure can't wait to shake your hand at the family reunion in April on your 1000 jtw!

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is odd. C and I went to an informal dinner to hear Dr. Stubblefield talk about the heart. General information of what to be aware of and look for. Also about procedures and drugs used in the treatment of heart problems or blood pressure issues. My Wife talked me into going thinking it would be me with the heart problems if either of us had any. Two weeks later she's having Dr. Stubblefield working on her because her EKG and stress test indicated a possible problem and maybe a heart attack. As it turns out the nuclear stress test usually indicates to the cautious side so the procedure was done to remove any doubt of a problem. Again, luckily nothing was wrong. She's fine and will be able to pick up her usually chores by Sunday. I did get a couple of days off from work though... Thanks again for all the kind words and prayers. It's appreciated believe me.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!