BOX1

The Green Goat Build Thread

Kal

Kal

Feb 22, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm really impressed with your build. I wouldn't have the guts to tear into a brand new one like that and do all those mods. I especially like how you ran the wiring through the roll bar. I was contemplating that, I just don't know if it's worth the headache and swearing... might need a 6 pack of refreshments for it...

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Strongmade Bumper and Viper Elite 4500 installed:

View attachment 275218

Torque Locker installed. I had a minor hiccup where-in I had a mysterious O-ring that I couldn't quite figure out where it went. Took quite a bit of digging through schematics and thread pics before I finally figured it out. Overall, wasn't too bad of an install.

View attachment 275219
View attachment 275220
View attachment 275221

Stinger relay activation switch. This switch opens the Stinger, sending power to the positive bus bar, which all of the accessories are tied into. Completely eliminates any parasitic draws from any accessory that tend to do that (winch).

Key off:
View attachment 275224

Key on:
View attachment 275225

Auxiliary Power switch on:
View attachment 275226

Rock lights installed. I tied them into the came circuit that handles the white Siezmik mirror lights:
View attachment 275233
View attachment 275234
View attachment 275235

View attachment 275236

Got a couple new accessories for T.O.:
View attachment 275227

My Co-Pilot, Prudence the Safety Goat (name that YouTuber...):
View attachment 275231
Holy accessories batman!!
Great job on the pictures and descriptions
Goat =
Got
Other
Accessories
Today

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
This thread is in desperate need of an update. I've added a bunch more stuff and I've been slacking on keeping up on this.

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
This thread is in desperate need of an update. I've added a bunch more stuff and I've been slacking on keeping up on this.
I agree but you cost me money! I was following from thread start, minding my biz and educating myself, gathering ideas (stealing really) and saw frame plugs , in my driving area I think they would be helpful . So yep i ordered the 8 pac

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I agree but you cost me money! I was following from thread start, minding my biz and educating myself, gathering ideas (stealing really) and saw frame plugs , in my driving area I think they would be helpful . So yep i ordered the 8 pac
I have a brochure if you'd like. Shoot me your email so you can subscribe to my newsletter.

P

PetePoling

Jul 13, 2023
leo, indiana
Ownership

1. 500
Back to wiring and such.

Battery box/tray/wiring complete. I'm now 95% sure it's not going anywhere.
View attachment 271850
View attachment 271851
Redundant straps. Black/gold goes around the battery box but on top of the tray to hold the lid on. Black/red goes all the way around the box, tray, and frame and is on there tight. Even if the rivets work loose, this strap won't let it go anywhere.
View attachment 271852
Main battery re-wiring:
View attachment 271853
Routing wires:
View attachment 271854
View attachment 271855
Plate mounted:
View attachment 271856
Power steering connected and grounds tied in. Ran out of heat shrink (but not Bud Light) in the photo:
View attachment 271857

Boss Audio BRRC27 sound bar installed. I'm not overly impressed with this thing for the money. It's loud, but it just doesn't have much fidelity. I didn't expect it to have any bass with just 3" speakers, but I was hoping it would at least sound better. Also, the fact that it powers on automatically and connects to my phone's BT, then proceeds to blast music on max volume is infuriating.
View attachment 271859
Wire fished through roll cage. HUGE pain in the ass to do this, but I like the clean look. Hopefully I don't compromise the structural integrity too much by poking holes in it. I don't anticipate (famous last words...) any high speed rollovers, but I think it'll still hold up just fine for the occasional tip over.
View attachment 271860
Exit near hood:
View attachment 271861
Scribing the dash for the BT control panel. It's where the MT/AT switch used to be.
View attachment 271862
View attachment 271864
View attachment 271865
Took a break from wiring to install some other things. MFG Supply 2" hitch. Fit perfect:
View attachment 271866
KFI tailgate levelers. I'm mildly miffed that the tailgate still isn't level. It's close, but it still has a slight upward angle to it. If you attach it in the holes they intended, then it has a serious downward angle to it. A waste of $17, IMO. Perhaps the cables will stretch after my fatass sits on it a few times.
View attachment 271867
View attachment 271868

Back to wiring...
Installed EMP poly roof and Auxbeam Chinesium lights. We'll see how long they hold up, but I think they will work just fine for SxS duties. Any bets on how long it'll take a stray branch to knock off the side scene lights?
View attachment 271869
View attachment 271870
View attachment 271871

Installed an Auxbeam control panel. Again, I decided to fish all of the wires through the frame. This one sucked even more than the sound bar wires.
View attachment 271872
View attachment 271873
View attachment 271875
Everything wrapped in wiring harness tape:
View attachment 271876
View attachment 271877
View attachment 271878
View attachment 271879
Mounted the control panel's fused relay box:
View attachment 271874
Wired in:
View attachment 271880

Onto turn signals/hazards/horn/plate mount to make it street legal. It's a TurnProsignal Plug & Play kit. This thing was a pain in the ass as well, and it still doesn't work completely. I think the converter box is bad or something because the rear passenger signal doesn't work, the driver's signal is quite dim, and the plate light won't come on. I'm praying it's a faulty convertor box, which is easily swappable. If the whole harness is bad, I might have a stroke as it took me forever to get that thing in there the way I wanted. Lesson learned: check it before you install it. I also opted to go my own route with the switches. I chose to mount them to the steering column, which also sucked. There was a LOT of tedious Dremeling and shaving of plastic with my pocket knife to get everything to fit just right. 2/5 stars; would not recommend doing this.
View attachment 271886
View attachment 271887
I have no idea what the purpose of this plate is. It's not attached to anything. It's held in by one plastic rivet. Nothing is attached to it. I dunno, maybe a dust or mud guard or something? It was in my way though, so out it came.
View attachment 271888
View attachment 271889
These switches have the capability to be backlit, however, I opted not to wire it that way. I was unable to find the switch configuration I wanted with the backlight color I wanted, so, I'm leaving them without. I have intentions of wiring signal arrow indicators into the areas next to the dash display.
View attachment 271904
View attachment 271906
I plan on using this same boss sound bar but thought I might hit my head on it mounting it where you did, any issues with that? I will probably buy the 14” version and mount it on the front bar facing me.

Reactions: Smitty335
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I plan on using this same boss sound bar but thought I might hit my head on it mounting it where you did, any issues with that? I will probably buy the 14” version and mount it on the front bar facing me.
No clearance issues at all. I'm 5'8", so not overly tall.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!