QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Why not tease people and maybe get them to hold off on buying just in case Honda makes what they want? I'd bet it's intentional.

I'm willing to bet it's a case of Honda being behind the ball since the start on SxS development and assembly issues. Un-Honda like issues. So why rush something else? The first to b**** will be the first to say why didn't they test it more, this isn't Honda quality.......

Reactions: sharp and JTW
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Still no locker in a P500. - virtually every other o.e.m. in the category does, and customers have been complaining about it since day #1.. Still no more than a 250H.P. outboard. Every other o.e.m. does-except Tohatsu, cuz Tohatsus are Hondas. Still no sport SxS. W.T.F? Toyota OWNs Honda in the automotive dependability world. Honda still doesn't have a full size pick-up..... Yamaha OWNs Honda in the marine industry. Polaris OWNs Honda in the SxS world- in spite of the crap they build. I don't know about the motorcycle world, but I have a feeling they aren't real competitive there either. There's something seriously wrong with this company. It's like they don't give a crap about being the most bad-a** machine in any field- ever. They never give us anything to brag about other than 'dependability' but obviously, most buyers seriously don't give a sh**. You know what's new for Honda Marine engines for 2018? Get ready! You can get them in white!! That should have sales soaring! F'n white.....that's it. I haven't checked, but I have a feeling Honda's (relative) market share is probably shrinking, or stagnant in every category, except sxs cuz they're relatively new in the market, and there's just a certain number of people that will buy Hondas for reputation alone, so by default, their market share is growing, because their market share was 0 a few years ago...but they will never own the market until they get off there a** and build some outer limits stuff, like all of the other mainstream o.e.m.'s. Don't hold your breath on a sport model coming out anytime soon, and when (if) it does, all the other machines will still kick it's a**, and our buddies will still laugh at us for losing yet another race, and we'll still be saying "Oh Ya-but it's really dependable" :rolleyes: AND, I really hope I'm wrong! Meanwhile, I'm going to buy another brand machine so I can go riding, and keep up with my buddies....

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still no locker in a P500. - virtually every other o.e.m. in the category does, and customers have been complaining about it since day #1.. Still no more than a 250H.P. outboard. Every other o.e.m. does-except Tohatsu, cuz Tohatsus are Hondas. Still no sport SxS. W.T.F? Toyota OWNs Honda in the automotive dependability world. Honda still doesn't have a full size pick-up..... Yamaha OWNs Honda in the marine industry. Polaris OWNs Honda in the SxS world- in spite of the crap they build. I don't know about the motorcycle world, but I have a feeling they aren't real competitive there either. There's something seriously wrong with this company. It's like they don't give a crap about being the most bad-a** machine in any field- ever. They never give us anything to brag about other than 'dependability' but obviously, most buyers seriously don't give a sh**. You know what's new for Honda Marine engines for 2018? Get ready! You can get them in white!! That should have sales soaring! F'n white.....that's it. I haven't checked, but I have a feeling Honda's (relative) market share is probably shrinking, or stagnant in every category, except sxs cuz they're relatively new in the market, and there's just a certain number of people that will buy Hondas for reputation alone, so by default, their market share is growing, because their market share was 0 a few years ago...but they will never own the market until they get off there a** and build some outer limits stuff, like all of the other mainstream o.e.m.'s. Don't hold your breath on a sport model coming out anytime soon, and when (if) it does, all the other machines will still kick it's a**, and our buddies will still laugh at us for losing yet another race, and we'll still be saying "Oh Ya-but it's really dependable" :rolleyes: AND, I really hope I'm wrong! Meanwhile, I'm going to buy another brand machine so I can go riding, and keep up with my buddies....
Honda does need to step it up. Being number one in the utility four wheeler market is good but that ain't going to cut it. The others are starting to gain ground.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Perhaps you were born too late....
20170806 115346 20170806 115429

Either way...
20180130 232644

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Perhaps you were born too late....
View attachment 64826 View attachment 64828

Either way...
View attachment 64829
Ya man! Honda was kickin a** and takin names! like......30 years ago.......I should just keep buying Hondas cuz they're...like.....so...great! How many cadilacs do you still have? They were bad-a** back in the '50's & '60's- pinnacle of American luxury and quality, and they lived on their reputation till they were building absolute junk and almost went bankrupt. I hear ya, I really trust my P5 and truly enjoy it- till I ride with other machines..... and contrary to the joking around we do on this site about other brand reliability, I haven't actually experienced any of the other machines failing and needing to be towed back or anything like that. Honda needs to ramp it up quick. On the marine side, their advertising is so dated- it's embarrassing... How many times and ways can you just keep saying "We are literally the Honda of outboard engines" "Our 4-stroke technology uses up to 30% less fuel" Maybe 20 years ago... We are considering dropping the franchise because the competition is simply killing us, and Honda, apparently doesn't give a rat's a$$. Honda's market share in the marine industry is totally stagnant, or dwindling. Right now, the SxS market is exploding, and even with that being the case, any surge in Honda sales- I believe- may only be due to Honda being relatively new to the market, and there are alot of people who just wanted a Honda because of prior ownership, or the reliability reputation, but that's going to flatten out pretty quick (relatively). Honda is not attracting younger folks to the brand, because as misguided as it may be, sexy and fast is what sells- and if that wasn't true, the boating industry would be just about dead, and polaris sales would be in the tank. Why Honda hasn't responded to the market is completely beyond me.... I'm really really hoping that they start turning around in a big way. That would be awesome for all of us!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ya man! Honda was kickin a** and takin names! like......30 years ago.......I should just keep buying Hondas cuz they're...like.....so...great! How many cadilacs do you still have? They were bad-a** back in the '50's & '60's- pinnacle of American luxury and quality, and they lived on their reputation till they were building absolute junk and almost went bankrupt. I hear ya, I really trust my P5 and truly enjoy it- till I ride with other machines..... and contrary to the joking around we do on this site about other brand reliability, I haven't actually experienced any of the other machines failing and needing to be towed back or anything like that. Honda needs to ramp it up quick. On the marine side, their advertising is so dated- it's embarrassing... How many times and ways can you just keep saying "We are literally the Honda of outboard engines" "Our 4-stroke technology uses up to 30% less fuel" Maybe 20 years ago... We are considering dropping the franchise because the competition is simply killing us, and Honda, apparently doesn't give a rat's a$$. Honda's market share in the marine industry is totally stagnant, or dwindling. Right now, the SxS market is exploding, and even with that being the case, any surge in Honda sales- I believe- may only be due to Honda being relatively new to the market, and there are alot of people who just wanted a Honda because of prior ownership, or the reliability reputation, but that's going to flatten out pretty quick (relatively). Honda is not attracting younger folks to the brand, because as misguided as it may be, sexy and fast is what sells- and if that wasn't true, the boating industry would be just about dead, and polaris sales would be in the tank. Why Honda hasn't responded to the market is completely beyond me.... I'm really really hoping that they start turning around in a big way. That would be awesome for all of us!

Well after the ATV travesty with CSPC, and ambulance chasing lawyers you can thank them for Honda making a very conservative approach. Even the SXS market is under severe scrutiny as in what Yamaha endured here. Don't think Honda doesn't consider that.

Yamaha Rhino Repair Program
CPSC staff began investigating ROVs following reports of serious injuries and fatalities associated with the Yamaha Rhino. In March 2009, CPSC staff negotiated a repair program on the Yamaha Rhino 450, 660, and 700 model ROVs to address stability and handling issues with the vehicles.[4] CPSC staff investigated more than 50 incidents, including 46 driver and passenger deaths related to the Yamaha Rhino. The manufacturer voluntarily agreed to design changes through a repair program that would increase the vehicle's lateral stability and change the vehicle's handling characteristic from oversteer to understeer. The repair consisted of the following: (1) Addition of 50-mm spacers on the vehicle's rear wheels to increase the track width, and (2) the removal of the rear stabilizer bar to effect understeer characteristics.

CPSC staff reviewed reports of ROV-related incidents reported to the CPSC between January 1, 2003 and May 31, 2012, involving Yamaha Rhino model vehicles. (The data are only those reported to CPSC staff and are not representative of all incidents.) The number of incidents that occurred by quarters of a year are shown below in Figure 1.

Start Printed Page 68967
Original

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Well after the ATV travesty with CSPC, and ambulance chasing lawyers you can thank them for Honda making a very conservative approach. Even the SXS market is under severe scrutiny as in what Yamaha endured here. Don't think Honda doesn't consider that.

Yamaha Rhino Repair Program
CPSC staff began investigating ROVs following reports of serious injuries and fatalities associated with the Yamaha Rhino. In March 2009, CPSC staff negotiated a repair program on the Yamaha Rhino 450, 660, and 700 model ROVs to address stability and handling issues with the vehicles.[4] CPSC staff investigated more than 50 incidents, including 46 driver and passenger deaths related to the Yamaha Rhino. The manufacturer voluntarily agreed to design changes through a repair program that would increase the vehicle's lateral stability and change the vehicle's handling characteristic from oversteer to understeer. The repair consisted of the following: (1) Addition of 50-mm spacers on the vehicle's rear wheels to increase the track width, and (2) the removal of the rear stabilizer bar to effect understeer characteristics.

CPSC staff reviewed reports of ROV-related incidents reported to the CPSC between January 1, 2003 and May 31, 2012, involving Yamaha Rhino model vehicles. (The data are only those reported to CPSC staff and are not representative of all incidents.) The number of incidents that occurred by quarters of a year are shown below in Figure 1.

Start Printed Page 68967
View attachment 64867
As far as ATV/UTV's- point taken. Just like everything else, the dumb a$$e$ screw it up for everyone- in so many ways... Just got me thinkin about the H/M trails waiver that you have to sign to get a pass. I wonder if o.e.m.'s could do the same thing. If I remember correctly, it seems that there are near that number of deaths/serious injuries every year on the H/M trails.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Yamaha obviously didn't offer enough of a -ahem- contribution to the agency...

Reactions: Plumber32
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I wonder what the 'contribution' might be for an almost 200 m.p.h. motorcycle that anyone with the ability to sign loan papers can buy? Honda CBR1100xx Blackbird Top speed: 190 m.p.h. that is pretty conservative. I just want an f'n locker and 20 more horseys. Apparently Honda is the leading motorcycle manufacturer in the world- go figure...

Reactions: Plumber32
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder what the 'contribution' might be for an almost 200 m.p.h. motorcycle that anyone with the ability to sign loan papers can buy? Honda CBR1100xx Blackbird Top speed: 190 m.p.h. that is pretty conservative. I just want an f'n locker and 20 more horseys. Apparently Honda is the leading motorcycle manufacturer in the world- go figure...
I've wondered the same thing, anyone with cash/credit can buy a rocket fast bike? (if you never rode one you won't understand) but then again, if you have seen 5 gallons of gas blow up it's hard to understand that they will sell it to anyone at the gas station.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just spotted as truck load of tires for the Talon headed to the Timmonsville SC assembly plant.

Polaris may have 32" tall from factory but Talon will have 32" wide . ;)

20180312 141943

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hell hasn’t froze over yet but I’ll be darn that’s Smitty in the red sweatshirt isn’t it?

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!