Talon The minute I get a Talon....

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm putting Portals on the second they are available. Probably only 4" and 36" tires.

Reactions: Plumber32
SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm still up in the air if I get an X or the R, I'm more trail and obviously not out west so, I think the narrower R might be better with Portals in my situation. My LE is now 72" wide so, I can deal with it!

Reactions: Plumber32
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
You go them backward.
X is narrower.
R is the dune version 68.4.

But I bet. if Pioneer portals fit. we are going to see some wild builds.

Pioneer portals 1

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have a set of 32” GBC Terra Masters going on my “R”. Also rear view and Side mirrors, the trading arm guards, lower doors, half windshield and door storage bags. After that I’ll wait to see what’s available for rear storage and other aftermarket accessories.

Reactions: SuperDutyJohn
SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Really?
The moment i get one, i'm gonna lower it, add hydraulics, and spokes.

Something like this:
You guys go nuts over the portals and lift but, where I ride, we routinely have to cross 20" of water in the dry season. We also don't really need the speed so, gear change and large tires are the norm.

Reactions: carlsonjmc

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Portals are a nice way to gear down and get lift but.....4 more gear boxes

BearWoods

BearWoods

Dec 14, 2018
East Stroudsburg, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had never heard of portals before, so I searched it on google images.

After learning about the various portals to hell, and different medieval doorways and such I finally came across what you are all talking about.

I can't actually think of a practical purpose for them other than to say "look I once had $4,000, and now I don't, but I stay dry over puddles :p"

Different strokes for different folks!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
You guys go nuts over the portals and lift but, where I ride, we routinely have to cross 20" of water in the dry season. We also don't really need the speed so, gear change and large tires are the norm.
It was meant to be a joke. If you need portals, run them.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It was meant to be a joke. If you need portals, run them.
I have no problem with your post, I did take it as "ribbing". I love my Portals and, I have another 2018 Pioneer without them, two completely different animals. The Jesus Millenial [above] hates them because they take maintenance and money. I love them because they are the coolest mod out there you can do; and yes, they cost a bunch but are worth every penny where I ride. Why this has turned "butt hurt" here at this site, I have no idea.

My thoughts are: many can't afford them and hate them; I paid for them, not my father, and I don't live in his basement LOL

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!