renevq35

May 24, 2024
San Antonio, TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R4 LV

3. Big Red
What brand window it that?
Its the superATV clear windshield. They had a 15% off plus 5% off on top for military so it was only $140 after tax.

Forgot to mention, Slickproductsusa has a shine and protectant spray that I HIGHLY recommend. I sprayed my machine with it almost 2 weeks ago and it still looks as fresh as day 1.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Its the superATV clear windshield. They had a 15% off plus 5% off on top for military so it was only $140 after tax.

Forgot to mention, Slickproductsusa has a shine and protectant spray that I HIGHLY recommend. I sprayed my machine with it almost 2 weeks ago and it still looks as fresh as day 1.

SATV

They offer a clear or tinted version, as well as a tinted version with a vent you can open and close. I have the latter - it's great.
Interesting, I put a tinted SATV on Ron.Jr.'s R4 but doesn't it follow the body line at the lower corners, left a triangle shaped opening so I ended up making some filler panels out of some black HDPE.

Reactions: Coeus and NTCPrezJB
renevq35

renevq35

May 24, 2024
San Antonio, TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R4 LV

3. Big Red
Interesting, I put a tinted SATV on Ron.Jr.'s R4 but doesn't it follow the body line at the lower corners, left a triangle shaped opening so I ended up making some filler panels out of some black HDPE.
It’s not perfect but close enough for me. I can’t complain with how small the gap came out on my end. Was the gap you had to deal with larger than this?

IMG 7909

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV

For the non-vented version, there's two different part numbers: One for the 2-seater and one for the 4-seater. For the tinted version with the vent, it looks like that's only for the 2-seater.

Also odd ... the SATV web site says the non-vented version won't fit my FLV, while the vented one will. It's the exact same windshield, IIRC.

Reactions: 906UP
renevq35

renevq35

May 24, 2024
San Antonio, TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R4 LV

3. Big Red
For the non-vented version, there's two different part numbers: One for the 2-seater and one for the 4-seater. For the tinted version with the vent, it looks like that's only for the 2-seater.

Also odd ... the SATV web site says the non-vented version won't fit my FLV, while the vented one will. It's the exact same windshield, IIRC.

View attachment 433010
I spoke to superATV customer service and thats a glitch in the system. System also told me that it wouldnt fit my R-4 but the non vented version fit fine.

Reactions: 906UP and Scoop
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I spoke to superATV customer service and thats a glitch in the system. System also told me that it wouldnt fit my R-4 but the non vented version fit fine.

Maybe they "fixed the glitch":

Reactions: 906UP
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I ran Andy's stage whatever Pwrtune package on my race car when I first built it and was pretty impressed for what it was. Andy hasn't done much if any updating to his stuff since it first came out and it's sort of old tech now.

I'd look into PPEI for tuning these days as they have a ton of experience and tunes for Talons from stock to huge turbo and also have a bad ass trans tune that really wakes the car up. They will also work with you to make changes if you are not satisfied with the tune or if you think you want something changed to compliment your riding style.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome to the addiction!!!
I am just south of S.A. , HF is the closet park to me also. Message me next trip Maybe a few of us can meetup and ride together. There are a few of us in the S.A. area.

Reactions: renevq35 and 906UP
advertisement
renevq35

renevq35

May 24, 2024
San Antonio, TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R4 LV

3. Big Red
I ran Andy's stage whatever Pwrtune package on my race car when I first built it and was pretty impressed for what it was. Andy hasn't done much if any updating to his stuff since it first came out and it's sort of old tech now.

I'd look into PPEI for tuning these days as they have a ton of experience and tunes for Talons from stock to huge turbo and also have a bad ass trans tune that really wakes the car up. They will also work with you to make changes if you are not satisfied with the tune or if you think you want something changed to compliment your riding style.
Thanks, Ill check them out!
Welcome to the addiction!!!
I am just south of S.A. , HF is the closet park to me also. Message me next trip Maybe a few of us can meetup and ride together. There are a few of us in the S.A. area.
Thanks! Will do!

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Installed trinity full exhaust and tuned it with PPEI. Still have to install the auto tune module but it ran really well with the OEM O2 sensor on. Very happy with results so far!

View attachment 434600
I'm running HMF Full exhaust with PPEI tunes, 23LV runs noticeably better with an emulator and no 02 sensor. I ordered a bung and emulator from HSXS Store and curious to see if I pick up any additional UMPH. Night and day difference with shifts and throttle response with PPEI Tuning

Last edited:
renevq35

renevq35

May 24, 2024
San Antonio, TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R4 LV

3. Big Red
I'm running HMF Full exhaust with PPEI tunes, 23LV runs noticeably better with an emulator and no 02 sensor. I ordered a bung and emulator from HSXS Store and curious to see if I pick up any additional UMPH. Night and day difference with shifts and throttle response with PPEI Tuning
Let me know how that goes. Im curious

Reactions: JenElio
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R

What are these emulators you speak of and would I benefit from it? I'm running the stock O2 sensor and also have the DynoJet dual wide band O2 setup for data acquisition. Stock sensor stays in all the time but I removed the wide band setup and sensors to save weight. Erik @ PPEI said it wasn't really needed after I sent him a bunch of run logs and he dialed in the tune.