rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
The way I look at that, if things go real bad, it will take 100 pounds of gold to buy a loaf of bread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Market crashes.....
The way I look at that, if things go real bad, it will take 100 pounds of gold to buy a loaf of bread.

Gold 10 year o b usd
Silver parabolic
Silver parabolic
Gold 10 year o b usd

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Funny.....
no one has brought
up....GOLD & SILVER
Historically Gold has been very volatile and cyclical. A lot of money has been made and lost in gold. Is it a bad investment? No. However, I feel more comfortable spreading money over several stocks so I'm not depending on any one item.
Fact is you can make money in almost anything (stocks, precious metals, real estate, etc) if you stick with it and let the market do its thing. These things are great long term investments. Short term it is very hit or miss but mostly miss Lol.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Historically Gold has been very volatile and cyclical. A lot of money has been made and lost in gold. Is it a bad investment? No. However, I feel more comfortable spreading money over several stocks so I'm not depending on any one item.
Fact is you can make money in almost anything (stocks, precious metals, real estate, etc) if you stick with it and let the market do its thing. These things are great long term investments. Short term it is very hit or miss but mostly miss Lol.
I agree...seems how
it wasn't brought up.
I was saying I chose
precious metals. ...
& done rather well....
graphs show....
no renters....
no real estate agents.....
Actually I'm more silver
than gold...will be all silver
soon....

Reactions: JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes I agree it is scary on the amount of debt. However, the more I think about it I ask myself what are they going to do? Call all the debt in? Heck we owe the most debt to our own government (probably a third). Most people don't realize what we owe China is a drop in the bucket. Will something happen eventually? Most likely but none of us know what, when or how. The most concerning part is we aren't doing anything to change our habits. We keep going into the red further and further and further with no plan.
As for the stock market I go off historical data. History says the stock market will average around 10%/yr over a 30yr period. Investing (in the stock market) is more about patience and discipline than timing. A lot of money is made and lost when people freak out because of the rise and fall. I invest heavily during down times because it always comes back.
Either way you and I are in the minority. If we had more people our age in a forum actually discussing real topics (instead of the new Playstation Football game or who got voted off Big Brother) we might could start digging out of the hole. The problem is I don't see anyone trying to solve real problems. Instead they are redirecting our attention to Black Lives Matter, NFL players not standing for the National Anthem, etc. etc. I fear something bad will need to happen for our generation to want to stand up and fight for the country that is slowly slipping away from us.
Amen brother!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well saving in the bank won't do you any good with almost zero interest. I'd say you're right in with the real estate. It's only a matter of time before these record highs in the stock market are a distant memory. I'll admit, I have practically no savings. Just got my wife through college tho, so that should change soon now that she's started working.

Right, savings can't be the typical old bank account. At 2-1/2 to 3% inflation it's loosing value. Stock market can work, I won't be downing it. Realestate is just something I like, it's fun to buy, and play with, it increases in value and it's safe.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Gold was first mentioned in post 31.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Can't eat gold, cant drink gold, can't wear gold, and you can't build a shelter out of it (unless you've got a s*** load, lol) food, water, clothing and shelter.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I don't read....
nor am I interested
in any of your post
....just sayin

Reactions: JTW
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Can't eat a house
can't eat investment
property
gold sell =$
Silver sell=$
Property sell=$
Wats the difference
you just think your way
is better. ..smarter...
& it's not...

Last edited:
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Right, savings can't be the typical old bank account. At 2-1/2 to 3% inflation it's loosing value. Stock market can work, I won't be downing it. Realestate is just something I like, it's fun to buy, and play with, it increases in value and it's safe.

And they're not making it anymore...

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I think I made my point
& that's why I don't read
your post.
Because my idea was
different than yours....
you dogged it...which you've
done alot.
You do your thing....
I'll do mine

Last edited:
J

JTW

Well saving in the bank won't do you any good with almost zero interest. I'd say you're right in with the real estate. It's only a matter of time before these record highs in the stock market are a distant memory. I'll admit, I have practically no savings. Just got my wife through college tho, so that should change soon now that she's started working.

Kinda sorta.. If you don't have money in the bank you can't buy the deals when they happen along.

Reactions: LandPioneer
J

JTW

Yes I agree it is scary on the amount of debt. However, the more I think about it I ask myself what are they going to do? Call all the debt in? Heck we owe the most debt to our own government (probably a third). Most people don't realize what we owe China is a drop in the bucket. Will something happen eventually? Most likely but none of us know what, when or how. The most concerning part is we aren't doing anything to change our habits. We keep going into the red further and further and further with no plan.
As for the stock market I go off historical data. History says the stock market will average around 10%/yr over a 30yr period. Investing (in the stock market) is more about patience and discipline than timing. A lot of money is made and lost when people freak out because of the rise and fall. I invest heavily during down times because it always comes back.
Either way you and I are in the minority. If we had more people our age in a forum actually discussing real topics (instead of the new Playstation Football game or who got voted off Big Brother) we might could start digging out of the hole. The problem is I don't see anyone trying to solve real problems. Instead they are redirecting our attention to Black Lives Matter, NFL players not standing for the National Anthem, etc. etc. I fear something bad will need to happen for our generation to want to stand up and fight for the country that is slowly slipping away from us.
I get ya.. Actually, I think this might be the best way to grow wealth. Talking with those that are on the same page and have charted different paths to it.. It's networking and sharing ideas that help everyone. Birds of a feather!

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Lead and flint......That'll keep you fed when your forced to live off the land.

Gunpowder & lead.....count
I can live off the land

20150823 112852

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!