Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
ZFORCE800TRAILblue
UF800 titanium
The picture is the U-Force. Did you ride the 50" Z-Force?
The picture is the U-Force. Did you ride the 50" Z-Force?
Both...
800....the u force..
Rode stiffer...
for a loaded SxS
at that price.....?

Last edited:
Reactions: JWB
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I got my P5...I'm Keeping
....& still got
Thousands of Desert
trails...to Ride...
A 2 yr review of the
CF Moto....would be...
interesting. .

Reactions: JWB and trigger
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
"I wish Honda would put a trans like in the P500 in the p700"....[/QUOTE]
If they do, I'll be buying one of those engine/trans and putting it in my P500:D

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
"I wish Honda would put a trans like in the P500 in the p700"....
If they do, I'll be buying one of those engine/trans and putting it in my P500:D[/QUOTE

It's a tank...

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well we figured out why my cousins p700 was a turd... he drown it out in February and the spark arrester was stopped up with mud and black soot. We cleaned it good and it has double the power! I rode it around deer camp and really liked it. It climbs hills good again, and will smoke my p500 again... it’s turning the tides on my opinion of it... mainly due to price and reputation of quality and reliability...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well we figured out why my cousins p700 was a turd... he drown it out in February and the spark arrester was stopped up with mud and black soot. We cleaned it good and it has double the power! I rode it around deer camp and really liked it. It climbs hills good again, and will smoke my p500 again... it’s turning the tides on my opinion of it... mainly due to price and reputation of quality and reliability...

There's only two sxs's that are known bullet proof and that's one of them. ;)

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
If I were riding in a
place with...steep inclines
...real hilly...always climbing
....or desending....I would
...pick a more powerful machine...
but for. Flat desert trails....p5
is it....

T

Thestronk

Nov 6, 2017
FL
Ownership

1. 500
By 'wheel base' do you mean length or width? Wheelbase normally refers to length, center of wheel to center of wheel. As far as more travel, the existing control arms are capable of far more movement than the idiotic stock shocks allow. Mine has 10.5" of travel in the front and 9" in the rear with the shocks I have installed. So, simple shock change= more travel, first problem solved. Add a locker, second problem solved. Install the p1000 power train, third problem solved. Of course the price goes up, that's why they're called options. Or, you could just buy a machine that already has 95% of all the usual add ons for under $11k (I've got more than that in my p5) CFMOTO ZFORCE 800 EPS Trail Side by Side ATVs | Specs + Features
If Honda doesn't get their collective heads out of their a$$e$ soon, they are going to loose yet another customer.
What shocks are you running? Just curious as a new owner.

H

HondaTech

You buy a Honda for the dealer network and knowledge that they've got your back. If you were to take that CFMoto to anywhere bit the dealer to got it from they'd laugh you out of the parking lot.

We wouldn't touch any of those things, even on trade, because then we'd have to try and fix it if anything went wrong. There cheap for a reason.

Reactions: trigger and lee
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
You buy a Honda for the dealer network and knowledge that they've got your back. If you were to take that CFMoto to anywhere bit the dealer to got it from they'd laugh you out of the parking lot.

We wouldn't touch any of those things, even on trade, because then we'd have to try and fix it if anything went wrong. There cheap for a reason.
I also work at a Honda dealer- Marine engines. We are also a warranty shop for Mercury outboards and a full dealer for Mercruiser sterndrives and inboards. We don't sell boats, we are a repair only shop. None of our Honda engine buyers have ever said they wanted a Honda outboard for the 'dealer network'. They buy Honda's because of Honda's reputation- well deserved- for dependability. Our area is virtually owned by Yamaha outboards, so we work mostly on Yamaha engines- we are not a dealer. We also work on Tohatsu, Suzuki, Nissan, Volvo-Penta. My point is this, we would never "laugh a customer out of the parking lot" no matter what they bring in. In some cases when a new customer comes in with a different brand that needs warranty repairs, we would contact the company in question, and if the nearest dealer is too far away, that company will often approve repairs and pay us for those repairs. This is known as 'Good Business', and in many cases has generated a very grateful and loyal customer. So, if your shop "won't touch it" simply because it says cfmoto on the hood, that is known as 'Bad Business', and has/will very likely cost your shop the loss of potential customers, and future sales. If someone shows up with say a (cough) BRP product that they want to trade, we value the trade accordingly. If we don't want to deal with warranty issues- the trade in unit is sold 'as is' - no warranty. We've gone completely off topic here...... I'm not pushing cfmoto, I was pointing out the even the 'cheap for a reason' machines have all the options we want on a p500, and in my opinion, Honda has no legitimate excuse for not even allowing their customers the option to add what most other O.E.M.'s offer.

Reactions: Mudder and rocmar
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I only know one person who has owned a cfmoto atv. It was a 4wheeler not a sxs. He purchased it new and loved it on the beginning because of all he got for his money. Owned it less than a year and sold it. He could not depend on it. At any time it would shut off and not start and after a while fire right up. Never could get it to run right. I'll probably never own anything other than a Honda, I'll at least stick to the big 4 Japan makers for a 4wheeler and could consider a Polaris for a sxs but not anytime soon. Honda has built the P5 right for my needs. I dont think they should change a thing and I seriously doubt they will.

Reactions: BigOL3 and trigger
H

HondaTech

I also work at a Honda dealer- Marine engines. We are also a warranty shop for Mercury outboards and a full dealer for Mercruiser sterndrives and inboards. We don't sell boats, we are a repair only shop. None of our Honda engine buyers have ever said they wanted a Honda outboard for the 'dealer network'. They buy Honda's because of Honda's reputation- well deserved- for dependability. Our area is virtually owned by Yamaha outboards, so we work mostly on Yamaha engines- we are not a dealer. We also work on Tohatsu, Suzuki, Nissan, Volvo-Penta. My point is this, we would never "laugh a customer out of the parking lot" no matter what they bring in. In some cases when a new customer comes in with a different brand that needs warranty repairs, we would contact the company in question, and if the nearest dealer is too far away, that company will often approve repairs and pay us for those repairs. This is known as 'Good Business', and in many cases has generated a very grateful and loyal customer. So, if your shop "won't touch it" simply because it says cfmoto on the hood, that is known as 'Bad Business', and has/will very likely cost your shop the loss of potential customers, and future sales. If someone shows up with say a (cough) BRP product that they want to trade, we value the trade accordingly. If we don't want to deal with warranty issues- the trade in unit is sold 'as is' - no warranty. We've gone completely off topic here...... I'm not pushing cfmoto, I was pointing out the even the 'cheap for a reason' machines have all the options we want on a p500, and in my opinion, Honda has no legitimate excuse for not even allowing their customers the option to add what most other O.E.M.'s offer.

These are cheap for a reason. You buy a Honda because there's a dealer everywhere. No one around my parts will buy a KTM or Husky because the nearest dealer is over an hour away. It's not worth the hassle to have to dig up parts. If you need something on a Friday and your riding tomorrow I could probably get you something to work for the big 4 or even a Polaris. But not the orange and white stuff there a whole different breed as I'm sure these are as well. I'm sure CFMoto is growing but they can't sell there units for under a Honda and have the same quality no sir.

As for having a shop paying me for working on another brand, in my damm dreams ain't happening. We work on other brands as well but when it comes to trades people expect you to be able to fix it if there's problems. It's not worth the hassle sourcing parts for something that I can't readily find. These things aren't even in most parts books yet.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
These are cheap for a reason. You buy a Honda because there's a dealer everywhere. No one around my parts will buy a KTM or Husky because the nearest dealer is over an hour away. It's not worth the hassle to have to dig up parts. If you need something on a Friday and your riding tomorrow I could probably get you something to work for the big 4 or even a Polaris. But not the orange and white stuff there a whole different breed as I'm sure these are as well. I'm sure CFMoto is growing but they can't sell there units for under a Honda and have the same quality no sir.

As for having a shop paying me for working on another brand, in my damm dreams ain't happening. We work on other brands as well but when it comes to trades people expect you to be able to fix it if there's problems. It's not worth the hassle sourcing parts for something that I can't readily find. These things aren't even in most parts books yet.
My nearest Honda dealer is over an hour away.... but there isn't anything I would take the machine to a dealer for, it's outside warranty now, and there's nothing I can't repair myself. No argument about quality. You missed my point.

Last edited:
Reactions: RumpRocket
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Very well said:::::
IMO....
honda..or any other name...brand
are all..get by..not the quality. ..it
use to...or should be...for the
$ spent...
I didn't buy my p5...cause
it said "Honda"..
I bought it..cause it...fit my needs..

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
The dealer I got my new P500 and 3 other machines was top notch (4x repeat customer). Walked away from the competitor Huge Honda dealer when they insisted I sign an arbitration agreement (umbelieveable read - attached) to waive rights to fraud, court case, etc (they had been fined for selling units without recall fixes). Told them to take the machine off my trailer.

Honda quality was first reason, a decent dealer was second. Only negative comment of corporate Honda is the post where they denied a forum members engine work because of water on the engine (because the manual said no water over the floorboard.). Like everything else, quality varies on machines and people. Choose wisely.

908B997B 60E5 4172 AEB5 464D5EB02D8E

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
The dealer I got my new P500 and 3 other machines was top notch (4x repeat customer). Walked away from the competitor Huge Honda dealer when they insisted I sign an arbitration agreement to waive rights to fraud, etc (they had been fined for selling units without recall fixes). Honda quality was first reason, a decent dealer was second. Only negative comment of corporate Honda is the post where they denied a forum members engine work because of water on the engine (because the manual said no water over the floorboard.). Like everything else, quality varies on machines and people. Choose wisely.
Dealer...I bought mine from...sells all name brands
...no loyalty..to just one brand. Honda are his least
sold brand...most SxS buyers..look for...kool looking..
color....style...does it..s*** & get...not many think...3...4..
yrs down the road...Nor do they do...proper maintenance
....I think most of us...push these machines..past there limits..

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I bought a Honda because I didn't ever want to go back to the dealer. I have had numerous ATV brands and only one didn't ever have a problem, a 06 Rancher that I sold after buying the P500. I bought mine used from an Arctic Cat dealer because someone bought it and it was too slow and they traded on a Wildcat.

I like fast I love driving friends RZR's and Commanders but they are also always working on them and they cost 2X, for what I use my machine for its perfect and the only thing I would like is better factory shocks but I cant justify the cost of upgrading for my riding. I also love the seat great when geared up for hunting and getting in and out with my safety harness on. With all my heavy clothes and gear I cant get into or out of a RZR.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!