P500 The new p500

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I only know one person who has owned a cfmoto atv. It was a 4wheeler not a sxs. He purchased it new and loved it on the beginning because of all he got for his money. Owned it less than a year and sold it. He could not depend on it. At any time it would shut off and not start and after a while fire right up. Never could get it to run right. I'll probably never own anything other than a Honda, I'll at least stick to the big 4 Japan makers for a 4wheeler and could consider a Polaris for a sxs but not anytime soon. Honda has built the P5 right for my needs. I dont think they should change a thing and I seriously doubt they will.[/QUOT

Would you think the p500 was a lesser machine if they made some drive-train options available for the p500? I don't want them to change the basic machine either, It's an awesome basic machine. I can tell you, that on the marine side, Honda's complete lack of keeping up with the market has lost us many, many engine sales. They're biggest engine is 250hp- awesome engine- but every other OEM has up to 350hp, and Merc is now offering a 400hp. The 250 Honda has only been out a relatively short time (compared to others) and it took years to get them past a 225 while customers were/are screaming for bigger engines.. The marine division is one area where Honda is not the clear leader in dependability, as all the Japanese outboards have virtually the same level of dependability, with Honda (IMO) leading by a small margin for reasons other than just dependability- off topic again.... sorry. Honda is giving up market share to cfmoto. In other words, Honda, is in essence 'building' cfmoto's infrastructure by not competing with them. Cfmoto's products are only going to get better while the other OEM's- particularly Honda- ignore them!
For some reason my post got mixed up with the quote....? Expand it to read.

Reactions: rocmar
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
For some reason my post got mixed up with the quote....? Expand it to read.
No i don't think they would it would be a lesser machine if Honda added some options. I'm sure Honda can improve on some things. I just don't think they will add anything and I don't think it will have a huge impact on their bottom line if they don't add anything. I know Polaris is loosing market share because they don't offer a real transmission but I don't think they will change that. I'm just glad Honda finally got in the sxs game as they built the machine that fits my needs closer than any other manufacturer, but a diff lock and about 5mph would have been a plus.

Last edited:
Reactions: JWB and HUCK

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!