P1000 The Official P1k WHAT DID U PAY thread!

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yeah, its a tough nut to swallow... but I like to convince myself that I'm still winning in other areas. For example my groceries are barely 1/8th the cost of what they used to be up in Vermont.
Also, I was inches away from purchasing a CanAm Defender HD8 for nearly the same price till I found a dealer 10 hours away from me that had the Pioneers!
There is no mfgr plants here, but there are many assembly plants for some inexpensive motos.

I purchased a nice size piece of land on a mountain top and the Pioneer is going to be my daily transportation and material mule to start building up there. Where I live, its considered a "cuatrimoto" and 100% legal to drive around town, I just can't get out on major highways.

Honda quality and reliability will def be put to the test here, -but I have massive anxiety as I wait to actually receive it.
Its a huge amount of money to toss down on a vehicle with no real dealer support and no guarantee that a warranty would be honored...
No local storage of parts, filters...
To get ahead of the game I ordered some oil filters from Amazon and the hose vent kit from another member here on eBay.
The filters cost $30 and the shipping/import fees to reach me are $32..
(1) Gallon of the Honda GN4 oil on Amazon = $29, shipping/import fees = $33.50
so that (1) Gallon ends up costing me $62.50 USD

The dealer that I purchased it from is not a dealer in the sense that we know in the states.. they are basically just an importer with the ability to nationalize the vehicle. They are the only ones in the country selling Pioneers and any other Honda dealer/store does not even know what one is.. but its not all doom and gloom. They have been selling them like Crazy and all their units are sold before they even arrive in the country. So I do have One shop in the country with mechanics that know the unit!

Just hoping to get a nice clean start without challenges. I feel that if I can go 100 hours trouble free, it will be good for life.

.... deep breaths.....
.... deep breaths.....
2016 1000-5 209 hrs 1800 miles nothing but clutch update cause I could and cab comfort kit not a problem one and yours shouldn't need any of that .

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ch33br0h
J

JTW

I got you all beat!!!

Greetings from Colombia!

2018 - 1000-5 LE
- hard top
- bed extender
- horn
- synthetic winch
- rearview mirror
- side mirrors

Tax, registration included, total out the door
~$36,401.46 USD

yup, import taxes are a killer.....
Oooooo, one of them fancy Mexicans!

Reactions: BWAF and BigOL3
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yeah, its a tough nut to swallow... but I like to convince myself that I'm still winning in other areas. For example my groceries are barely 1/8th the cost of what they used to be up in Vermont.
Also, I was inches away from purchasing a CanAm Defender HD8 for nearly the same price till I found a dealer 10 hours away from me that had the Pioneers!
There is no mfgr plants here, but there are many assembly plants for some inexpensive motos.

I purchased a nice size piece of land on a mountain top and the Pioneer is going to be my daily transportation and material mule to start building up there. Where I live, its considered a "cuatrimoto" and 100% legal to drive around town, I just can't get out on major highways.

Honda quality and reliability will def be put to the test here, -but I have massive anxiety as I wait to actually receive it.
Its a huge amount of money to toss down on a vehicle with no real dealer support and no guarantee that a warranty would be honored...
No local storage of parts, filters...
To get ahead of the game I ordered some oil filters from Amazon and the hose vent kit from another member here on eBay.
The filters cost $30 and the shipping/import fees to reach me are $32..
(1) Gallon of the Honda GN4 oil on Amazon = $29, shipping/import fees = $33.50
so that (1) Gallon ends up costing me $62.50 USD

The dealer that I purchased it from is not a dealer in the sense that we know in the states.. they are basically just an importer with the ability to nationalize the vehicle. They are the only ones in the country selling Pioneers and any other Honda dealer/store does not even know what one is.. but its not all doom and gloom. They have been selling them like Crazy and all their units are sold before they even arrive in the country. So I do have One shop in the country with mechanics that know the unit!

Just hoping to get a nice clean start without challenges. I feel that if I can go 100 hours trouble free, it will be good for life.

.... deep breaths.....
.... deep breaths.....
How much per acre for the mountain top???

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
J

JTW

haha, well I wasnt going to ask for number of acres AND price per acre ...... thought he might balk ..... lol

And given this quote..

“yeah, its a tough nut to swallow... but I like to convince myself that I'm still winning in other areas.”

I know how our fancy Mexican friend paid for it!

Reactions: BigOL3 and BWAF
ch33br0h

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Jardín, Antioquia - Colombia, South America!
Ownership

1. 1000-5
haha, well I wasnt going to ask for number of acres AND price per acre ...... thought he might balk ..... lol

right now I'm at a roughly 32.5 Acres and looking to expand again next year.
so far it has averaged ~$800-950 USD per acre

VyoH1FA

ch33br0h

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A lot higher that I thought it would be down there.
Yeah, its def on the high side and other areas are less expensive.
Also in comparison, up in VT my land was roughly ~$300-$500 USD per acre.
The premium here is that this town is extremely touristic, the soils are very rich and all land also has the capacity to produce, either via livestock or farming. So you never just buy the land, you also buy what it can produce.
My piece is also unique in that its like a shelf on the side of the mountain just as it peaks out to large "mesa" so I have long range views in the front and also have 7 waterfalls in the back.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, its def on the high side and other areas are less expensive.
Also in comparison, up in VT my land was roughly ~$300-$500 USD per acre.
The premium here is that this town is extremely touristic, the soils are very rich and all land also has the capacity to produce, either via livestock or farming. So you never just buy the land, you also buy what it can produce.
My piece is also unique in that its like a shelf on the side of the mountain just as it peaks out to large "mesa" so I have long range views in the front and also have 7 waterfalls in the back.
I thought VT would be extremely high, rather than extremely cheap.

Reactions: JTW and BWAF
ch33br0h

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought VT would be extremely high, rather than extremely cheap.
it certainly can be, if you head towards Burlington or any of the ski resorts, but if you are willing to deal with unpaved roads and the challenges of winters and the mud season, there is still plenty of land to be had up there at decent prices.

SavageTech

SavageTech

Jul 13, 2018
Alberta, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2017 pioneer 1000-5 red deluxe with Hard roof, taxes/fees in - $20,790 CAD = (approx) $15,899 USD in Alberta, Canada

Reactions: BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
it certainly can be, if you head towards Burlington or any of the ski resorts, but if you are willing to deal with unpaved roads and the challenges of winters and the mud season, there is still plenty of land to be had up there at decent prices.

So where do I go to get some of this ground bought?

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
T

TomB985

Dec 27, 2014
2018 Pioneer-5 EPS. $14,900 plus MN sales tax.

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!