P1000 The Official P1k WHAT DID U PAY thread!

ChappedAce_72

ChappedAce_72

Aug 2, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2018 1000-5 Deluxe, hardcoat 2 piece windscreen, roof and 7% IN sales tax, 17,700 OTD.

Reactions: BWAF
BVerhulst

BVerhulst

Jul 3, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 2018 1000-5 Deluxe in Camo was exactly the price on the Honda website (plus some for winch and plow). I had been exploring options and talking to the sales staff in northern Colorado for two years while mulling the upgrade from my Foreman 500 (for the family, of course); these machines are in high demand and turn over on the lot regularly. They don’t offer rebates, discounts, year-end inventory clearing... because they don’t have to for them to keep selling. Man, the prices you guys down south and in the Midwest get are incredible (comparatively). As a return customer, my dealership gave me a too-good-to-be-true trade in on my quad, so in the end, I think I got a good price.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 2018 1000-5 Deluxe in Camo was exactly the price on the Honda website (plus some for winch and plow). I had been exploring options and talking to the sales staff in northern Colorado for two years while mulling the upgrade from my Foreman 500 (for the family, of course); these machines are in high demand and turn over on the lot regularly. They don’t offer rebates, discounts, year-end inventory clearing... because they don’t have to for them to keep selling. Man, the prices you guys down south and in the Midwest get are incredible (comparatively). As a return customer, my dealership gave me a too-good-to-be-true trade in on my quad, so in the end, I think I got a good price.
I suspect the dealers here are selling just about as many, but just not screwing the customers as bad. When I bought mine last Oct, the salesman said they were selling OVER 100 SxS per month, not counting the rest of the Honda line. They probably had as least 50 on the lot and more than that still in crates, stacked 3 high, in the back. That is pretty high volume.

T

TomB985

Dec 27, 2014

That doesn't make any sense to me...there's a $400 rebate from Honda that's currently offered. They sell the Pioneer, they get the rebate, which is customarily deducted from the purchase price. Sounds to me like you paid $400 over MSRP, which I think is a bit much.

In the end, what matters more is whether or not you're happy with the machine for what you paid for it. I hope you enjoy yours as much as the rest of us are!

BVerhulst

BVerhulst

Jul 3, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I suspect the dealers here are selling just about as many, but just not screwing the customers as bad. When I bought mine last Oct, the salesman said they were selling OVER 100 SxS per month, not counting the rest of the Honda line. They probably had as least 50 on the lot and more than that still in crates, stacked 3 high, in the back. That is pretty high volume.
The dealer had three on the lot on the occasion that I bought mine here in north Colorado; one LE, one camo Deluxe, one base model. I think it has most to do with the South Carolina manufacturing plant. Cargo trailers, RV's... all that stuff is way more expensive here (so much so that a lot of guys drive there and haul it home themselves).

BVerhulst

BVerhulst

Jul 3, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That doesn't make any sense to me...there's a $400 rebate from Honda that's currently offered. They sell the Pioneer, they get the rebate, which is customarily deducted from the purchase price. Sounds to me like you paid $400 over MSRP, which I think is a bit much.

In the end, what matters more is whether or not you're happy with the machine for what you paid for it. I hope you enjoy yours as much as the rest of us are!

Perhaps I could've looked more closely at the invoice before posting... it was MSRP-ish. $400 below, actually, so you're correct about the rebate. Plus/minus a few hundred bucks is close enough "what I paid". It sure wasn't the price you guys get down south. But I also got the 12-month 0% APR payment plan (pretty red Honda credit card), which made all the difference, since I tend to drink my liquid assets before they accumulate.

In the end, for me, it was all about trade in for my 2015 Foreman. When I went down the first weekend to see if they had what I wanted and the price, I asked salesman about trade in value. Financier said "You're a return customer; how much you want?" I threw out a higher number than I thought reasonable, which he obliged to put in writing. I brought the Foreman down the next weekend, they appraised it, then asked "how much did we say we'd give you?" I showed them the quote. Eyes wide open - no poker face - they said "well, okay". Salesman later says to me "wow, I can't believe they gave you that much for your trade in".

I hope I stay happy with the 1000-5... as much complaining about these machines as I see on this forum, I wonder if I should've spent more time searching here before buying! But so far, it's good.

Reactions: TomB985 and BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Perhaps I could've looked more closely at the invoice before posting... it was MSRP-ish. $400 below, actually, so you're correct about the rebate. Plus/minus a few hundred bucks is close enough "what I paid". It sure wasn't the price you guys get down south. But I also got the 12-month 0% APR payment plan (pretty red Honda credit card), which made all the difference, since I tend to drink my liquid assets before they accumulate.

In the end, for me, it was all about trade in for my 2015 Foreman. When I went down the first weekend to see if they had what I wanted and the price, I asked salesman about trade in value. Financier said "You're a return customer; how much you want?" I threw out a higher number than I thought reasonable, which he obliged to put in writing. I brought the Foreman down the next weekend, they appraised it, then asked "how much did we say we'd give you?" I showed them the quote. Eyes wide open - no poker face - they said "well, okay". Salesman later says to me "wow, I can't believe they gave you that much for your trade in".

I hope I stay happy with the 1000-5... as much complaining about these machines as I see on this forum, I wonder if I should've spent more time searching here before buying! But so far, it's good.
Remember people tend to over report the bad and under report the good. It needs a couple minor fixes but is a great machine overall.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

T

TomB985

Dec 27, 2014

Got it, so you probably got a similar deal to most of us who recently purchased. Mind posting what they gave you for your Foreman? KBB shows around $3,750 trade-in value for a 2015 Foreman ES. So anything above fair trade-in may have well come off the top if you weren't using a trade. It's typical "hide the money" that car dealers routinely use.

Whether or not they give you $500 off the sale, or $500 more for the trade is irrelevant to the final number. But it's a psychological thing that makes some more comfortable pulling the trigger.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The dealer had three on the lot on the occasion that I bought mine here in north Colorado; one LE, one camo Deluxe, one base model. I think it has most to do with the South Carolina manufacturing plant. Cargo trailers, RV's... all that stuff is way more expensive here (so much so that a lot of guys drive there and haul it home themselves).
Really only THREE? Bet they are not selling a 100/month.

BVerhulst

BVerhulst

Jul 3, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got it, so you probably got a similar deal to most of us who recently purchased. Mind posting what they gave you for your Foreman? KBB shows around $3,750 trade-in value for a 2015 Foreman ES.
Um, wow. Really, really WOW. I mean, I didn’t look up blue book, I just knew what I wanted to bring the price out-of-pocket down on my new purchase.
My Foreman was a camo 2015 ES EPS with Warn winch and CycleCountry plow, 60 hours/100 miles or so (just did first oil change... don’t get to ride it much). They gave me... wait for it... $7500.

T

TomB985

Dec 27, 2014
Um, wow. Really, really WOW. I mean, I didn’t look up blue book, I just knew what I wanted to bring the price out-of-pocket down on my new purchase.
My Foreman was a camo 2015 ES EPS with Warn winch and CycleCountry plow, 60 hours/100 miles or so (just did first oil change... don’t get to ride it much). They gave me... wait for it... $7500.

Wow. Adding EPS brings your trade-in value to $4,045 as per KBB. That's irrespective of mileage, for some reason that's not something they use for their value numbers. So even assuming they gave you more for the low miles and the accessories, you got a KILLER deal. They'll probably have a tough time getting $7,500 for it on their sales floor.

Glad to hear they took care of you!

minisoda

minisoda

Aug 21, 2018
MN
Hey all... new to the forum and pulling the trigger on a P1000-5 in the next couple of days. I can do a new 2018 Deluxe for around $17,500 out the door including tax OR a 2016 base hardly used (plus windshield and hard top) with 300 miles for $13,500.

I'm leaning toward the 2016 ... the tax savings really puts it over the edge.

Seem like a good deal/decision or should I keep searching???

Thanks!

'Soda

Reactions: 2018GMC and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all... new to the forum and pulling the trigger on a P1000-5 in the next couple of days. I can do a new 2018 Deluxe for around $17,500 out the door including tax OR a 2016 base hardly used (plus windshield and hard top) with 300 miles for $13,500.

Thanks!

'Soda
Make sure updates are done

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

minisoda

minisoda

Aug 21, 2018
MN
Updates have not been done. Can I still have them done until 2020?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Thanks!

'Soda

What dealer are you working with? Osseo had decent deals. Is the 2016 a true base with no eps? I would go for the 2018.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mopower58 and BWAF
minisoda

minisoda

Aug 21, 2018
MN
Pulled the trigger on the 2016 EPS with 350 miles... it's in like-new condition and just a beast! $13,500 including windshield and factory hard top. No sales tax.

Only issue so far is that there seems to be water in the front seat... smells musty and I can hear it sloshing around when I take the seat off. Think I just need to lay it out in the sun to dry completely out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!