P500 The Red Baron

Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Well, I figured that I'd show some pictures of the progress to this point. It may not be the most pretty or
symmetrical. But my aim was for ease of use.

20160312 115552

Put the jack behind me. Used the Kolpin gun holders with quick release straps.

20160312 115805

Put a 4 gallon Rotopax on top of the Jack. The width/wedge of the Kolpin rubber paws actually help grip/provide stability for the Rotopax.

20160312 115817

Used these rubber twisties to help hold down on the top....again quick release.

20160312 121302

Put on this Husky box. I know it looks big. But I want to keep my small generator free from mud. and anything else that I don't want to get destroyed. Anchored with ratchet straps. So I can take off easily.

20160521 181054

Went with the 3500 Terra.

20160521 181315

Put on a spare......with a ratchet strap

20160521 181333

20160521 181039

So that's it for now. The straps hold everything solid. Every once in awhile I tighten a click or two. From getting bounced around. But so far so good. Been on my side twice. Everything held. .......next to come will be the skid plate that covers the full underbody.Stick stoppers. And either Bighorns or Bearclaws HTR's. Waiting for the tires to wear out. Maybe a rear light? By the way.....I'm jealous of all the property in the rear of the pictures you guys have. I got 26 years in. 11 to go. Then I'm getting something bigger than 1500SQF........Ha ha

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Well, I figured that I'd show some pictures of the progress to this point. It may not be the most pretty or
symmetrical. But my aim was for ease of use.

View attachment 15697
Put the jack behind me. Used the Kolpin gun holders with quick release straps.

View attachment 15698
Put a 4 gallon Rotopax on top of the Jack. The width/wedge of the Kolpin rubber paws actually help grip/provide stability for the Rotopax.

View attachment 15699
Used these rubber twisties to help hold down on the top....again quick release.

View attachment 15700
Put on this Husky box. I know it looks big. But I want to keep my small generator free from mud. and anything else that I don't want to get destroyed. Anchored with ratchet straps. So I can take off easily.

View attachment 15701
Went with the 3500 Terra.

View attachment 15702
Put on a spare......with a ratchet strap

View attachment 15703

View attachment 15704
So that's it for now. The straps hold everything solid. Every once in awhile I tighten a click or two. From getting bounced around. But so far so good. Been on my side twice. Everything held. .......next to come will be the skid plate that covers the full underbody.Stick stoppers. And either Bighorns or Bearclaws HTR's. Waiting for the tires to wear out. Maybe a rear light? By the way.....I'm jealous of all the property in the rear of the pictures you guys have. I got 26 years in. 11 to go. Then I'm getting something bigger than 1500SQF........Ha ha
Good setup, is that your Chevy in the background?

Alan

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Looks good. Simplicity is often underrated, but it works. Using straps and components make things easy to repair/replace.

Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Holy $hit! I'll take it. When can you have the paperwork ready???? Btw, very nice progress on your P-5!!!

Monte.....I'd sell it to you. But I might need it to get away from my wife as fast as I can .....Cus of the money I'm spending on the Baron!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Monte.....I'd sell it to you. But I might need it to get away from my wife as fast as I can .....Cus of the money I'm spending on the Baron!
Hahahahaha lmao. Ok too bad. Keep my number just in case. Btw, are you in SF proper? Just wondering how far you have to travel to find trails to ride on?

Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Good eye, Alan! No wonder you get your elk every year!

Joe

Thanks fellas..... Looking at it. I think I'll switch the light bar to a rear location. And get a longer one fo
Looks good. Simplicity is often underrated, but it works. Using straps and components make things easy to repair/replace.
Hahahahaha lmao. Ok too bad. Keep my number just in case. Btw, are you in SF proper? Just wondering how far you have to travel to find trails to ride on?

Lol......Ya. City locked. Gotta drive just short of 2 hours to be able to ride. It's a commitment. But have a rv so sometimes I can stretch it out. On a long weekend. But one reason I got the P500 was so it would last me, until I can buy a piece of property with a forest in the back yard......ah....dreams

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Lol......Ya. City locked. Gotta drive just short of 2 hours to be able to ride. It's a commitment. But have a rv so sometimes I can stretch it out. On a long weekend. But one reason I got the P500 was so it would last me, until I can buy a piece of property with a forest in the back yard......ah....dreams[/QUOTE]

Well, it's cool that you have an RV to be able to go that distance, and I hope you get your piece of property with a forest in the back yard!!! That car have the original engine? 283 or 327?

Last edited:
Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Lol......Ya. City locked. Gotta drive just short of 2 hours to be able to ride. It's a commitment. But have a rv so sometimes I can stretch it out. On a long weekend. But one reason I got the P500 was so it would last me, until I can buy a piece of property with a forest in the back yard......ah....dreams

Well, it's cool that you have an RV to be able to go that distance, and I hope you get your piece of property with a forest in the back yard!!! That car have the original engine? 283 or 327?[/QUOTE]

327......Had a three on the tree, but put a 4 speed on the floor. Those linkages for the column shifters always bound up. Even if you kept it loaded with grease. Nearly ripped the shifter off one day at an intersection........as for the motor home. Hopefully some day I can make it out to a group ride. A East/South coast shot might be to much (cus of work) ....but if a closer group ride is constructed....I'm game. It's tough to see the Baron behind the Rig.....That little thing is so much fun!
20160328 110218

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well, it's cool that you have an RV to be able to go that distance, and I hope you get your piece of property with a forest in the back yard!!! That car have the original engine? 283 or 327?

327......Had a three on the tree, but put a 4 speed on the floor. Those linkages for the column shifters always bound up. Even if you kept it loaded with grease. Nearly ripped the shifter off one day at an intersection........as for the motor home. Hopefully some day I can make it out to a group ride. A East/South coast shot might be to much (cus of work) ....but if a closer group ride is constructed....I'm game. It's tough to see the Baron behind the Rig.....That little thing is so much fun! View attachment 15738[/QUOTE]
Yep, my first three cars were three speed column shifts. I know what you mean. Nice motor home, and the P-5 looks great behind it. I too hope that group rides can spring up around the country.

EDIT: the quote function is jacked up on this somehow, lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!