Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Today Is Something: 04-22-24

Blasphemous as it may be, the Honda Pioneer inherited a sibling today. I am not sure yet if it is a red headed step-child, or the desired brother, maybe a golden child. Time can only tell... Coming home today on the back of the cummins trailer is a 2024 Kawasaki Teryx4 Camo S LE.

IMG 1593

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Blasphemous as it may be, the Honda Pioneer inherited a sibling today. I am not sure yet if it is a red headed step-child, or the desired brother, maybe a golden child. Time can only tell... Coming home today on the back of the cummins trailer is a 2024 Kawasaki Teryx4 Camo S LE.

View attachment 426422
I don't see many of those out on the trails, what was the determining factor in picking that machine vs others. I'm currently torn between the Rmax, Maverick sport and Commander as a second machine

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't see many of those out on the trails, what was the determining factor in picking that machine vs others. I'm currently torn between the Rmax, Maverick sport and Commander as a second machine
The main purpose of the second machine was to get family and friends onto the trails with us. Being able to provide something was a big milestone my wife and I wanted to achieve. We have so many friends and family who enjoy riding, most of them don't have their own machine. So this was a way to get them out with us.

Main considerations were:
Short wheelbase
Comfortable seats for 4
Decent price

It came down to the Wolverine and Teryx. The price ultimately won us over on the teryx.

Over the last week my wife and I have been doing some heavy research, we found a unit from a dealer in Illinois. They had the best price and financing. They did not have the Cypher green, which was my favorite color. I called many dealers from IL, MO and IA. I was very direct "this is the machine I want, this is the price I desire. Otherwise I will go with another dealer". Everyone I spoke to basically said they couldn't do it. I called Big Motorsports in St Charles MO. I told the saleswoman my expectations, she asked who the dealer I was currently working with. I told her I was working with Holzhauer in IL. The saleswoman responded with "let me talk with my boss and I will call you back". 30 minutes later I get a call back.

The saleswoman states, the dealer I was working with was selling a new old stock 2023 Teryx4 Camo S LE. We do not have a 2023. We have a new 2024. We can match holzhauer on price and financing for the 2024 Teryx4 S LE. If I wanted a different color the price would be more expensive. The Cypher green was $1000 more than the Camo. After some research, the Cypher green (including the other colors) is nothing different, only a color change. I couldn't justify $1000 for just a color that will most likely be damaged or fade with use. We hashed out some numbers and my wife and I scored a 2024 Teryx4 Camo S LE for $15482.50 OTD with our tax exempt for 0 down and 1.9% interest for 36 months. We declined the extended warranty. They wanted $1800 for that.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The main purpose of the second machine was to get family and friends onto the trails with us. Being able to provide something was a big milestone my wife and I wanted to achieve. We have so many friends and family who enjoy riding, most of them don't have their own machine. So this was a way to get them out with us.

Short wheelbase
Comfortable seats for 4
Decent price

It came down to the Wolverine and Teryx. The price ultimately won us over on the teryx.

Over the last week my wife and I have been doing some heavy research, we found a unit from a dealer in Illinois. They had the best price and financing. They did not have the Cypher green, which was my favorite color. I called many dealers from IL, MO and IA. I was very direct "this is the machine I want, this is the price I desire. Otherwise I will go with another dealer". Everyone I spoke to basically said they couldn't do it. I called Big Motorsports in St Charles MO. I told the saleswoman my expectations, she asked who the dealer I was currently working with. I told her I was working with Holzhauer in IL. The saleswoman responded with "let me talk with my boss and I will call you back". 30 minutes later I get a call back.

The saleswoman states, the dealer I was working with was selling a new old stock 2023 Teryx4 Camo S LE. We do not have a 2023. We have a new 2024. We can match holzhauer on price and financing for the 2024 Teryx4 S LE. If I wanted a different color the price would be more expensive. The Cypher green was $1000 more than the Camo. After some research, the Cypher green (including the other colors) is nothing different, only a color change. I couldn't justify $1000 for just a color that will most likely be damaged or fade with use. We hashed out some numbers and my wife and I scored a 2024 Teryx4 Camo S LE for $15482.50 OTD with our tax exempt for 0 down and 1.9% interest for 36 months. We declined the extended warranty. They wanted $1800 for that.
Congrats

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Short wheelbase
Comfortable seats for 4
Decent price

Well, congrats!! Hope it works out for y'all. I wish I had friends like you, mine told me to go buy my own damn SXS 🙄😂😂 enjoy!!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Short wheelbase
Comfortable seats for 4
Decent price

Congratulations on the new SxS! I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on the new machine.

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 426422
I had an older Tyrex before my Pioneer, loved it. My brother has the exact same machine you bought, it came factory with Fox suspension, it’s a very comfortable ride, even in the back seat.
Congratulations, enjoy.

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you!
So just to take it a step further...food for thought; it sounds like you're buying this as a second machine for others to ride, its not your personal primary ride correct?
That being the case, decent performance, great ride and a very good price point.
I think it makes perfect sense :)

Now if it is your personal primary you are definitely going down a little in performance unless your new model is a 1000cc, in terms of ride comfort the Kawi is way smoother and quieter in my opinion (I am absolutely pro Honda just to be clear). I think you made a great choice.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So just to take it a step further...food for thought; it sounds like you're buying this as a second machine for others to ride, its not your personal primary ride correct?
That being the case, decent performance, great ride and a very good price point.
I think it makes perfect sense :)

Now if it is your personal primary you are definitely going down a little in performance unless your new model is a 1000cc, in terms of ride comfort the Kawi is way smoother and quieter in my opinion (I am absolutely pro Honda just to be clear). I think you made a great choice.
You are correct. The pioneer will be our primary machine. The teryx will be the shared ride. I felt like for a machine to let others use it was perfect.

I agree with your assessment for power vs comfort. I will know more after we ride the teryx around.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!