P1000m5 The Robo Build

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rear door sag is the reason I never have done the storage mod, the RB3 bushings really helped though.
With the RB3 bushing the doors close well now. The driver side was good as is without adjustment. I had to lower the passenger side striker. Before the bushings you could not close the doors without lifting them up.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Drummond this weekend?
Correct. We will have my wife's sister and her fiancé with us. It will be the fiancé's first time to the island. We plan on doing some fishing, pioneering, kayaking, bridge shopping, and visit what I like to call the horse island (Mackinac). We might visit the soo. We might go way up north to see some stars. We might sand dune on the way home. Those mights are contingent with time depending on how smooth everything goes. We leave Sunday and should be there Tuesday.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Correct. We will have my wife's sister and her fiancé with us. It will be the fiancé's first time to the island. We plan on doing some fishing, pioneering, kayaking, bridge shopping, and visit what I like to call the horse island (Mackinac). We might visit the soo. We might go way up north to see some stars. We might sand dune on the way home. Those mights are contingent with time depending on how smooth everything goes. We leave Sunday and should be there Tuesday.
Cool we will be there Thursday-Monday this week.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am looking forward to the Drummond Island weather.

At home

Screenshot 20230724 221615 Wunderground

At Drummond

Screenshot 20230724 221735 Wunderground

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Extension: 07-25-23

I added a hitch extension to be able to utilize my spare tire carrier. It is functional and quick and that was about it. I don't like it. I will figure out something different when I have more time.

I used this extension:

The way my spare tire carrier is made the tube end hole for the pin does not reach the extender hole so I had to drill new holes to pass the pins thru. Because it is so far back I attached the spare carrier ROPS mount to the rear and added a 4"x21" 3/16" plate between the mount and carrier for added stability.

I picked up a menards industrial tote with sealed gasket lid and I will attempt some organized cramming of supplies soon.

It will work for now but I will do something different in the future.

20230724 130358 20230724 130404 20230725 133313 20230725 133346

Last edited:
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Muffled: 07-26-23

I finished my muffler swap today. I cut the catalytic converter out and welded an interior pipe. The driver side exhaust bolt broke while removing it. I used what I had laying around to get it back together while I wait for the replacement OEM bolt in the mail. I put a new grizzly tip on that is black. It sounds just slightly louder than it used to. I think I messed sken thing up and maybe dripped some weld inside of the muffler because it rattles when you let off the throttle. It does not do it cruising, it does not do it while revving up, only when you let off the throttle from about 2k or higher. I removed all the covers to verify and it is coming from internal of the muffler. It will be fine for now but it will drive me crazy knowing it does it. I am going to research some replacement mufflers. So far I can't really find anything that is close to OE dB. So far everything I find is performance and loud.

20230720 114333 20230720 114313

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Pre-Filtration: 07-27-23

At mile 2224 with hours of 451.1 I installed the Uni pre-filter. I used an exhaust reducer for my adapter onto my underhood snorkel. I had to cut my tube back to make it all fit. If I did not have the amplifier under the hood I don't think I would have had to cut anything. I oiled it up and made a snug fit with it. I think the machine is as ready as time will allow for our Drummond Trip.

I used the Uni UP-4300ST filter with the Nickson 97583 adapter.

20230721 130810 20230721 130820 20230725 114555

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Muffled: 07-26-23

I finished my muffler swap today. I cut the catalytic converter out and welded an interior pipe. The driver side exhaust bolt broke while removing it. I used what I had laying around to get it back together while I wait for the replacement OEM bolt in the mail. I put a new grizzly tip on that is black. It sounds just slightly louder than it used to. I think I messed sken thing up and maybe dripped some weld inside of the muffler because it rattles when you let off the throttle. It does not do it cruising, it does not do it while revving up, only when you let off the throttle from about 2k or higher. I removed all the covers to verify and it is coming from internal of the muffler. It will be fine for now but it will drive me crazy knowing it does it. I am going to research some replacement mufflers. So far I can't really find anything that is close to OE dB. So far everything I find is performance and loud.

View attachment 397294 View attachment 397295
Robo, I have the exact same phucking rattle too 🤦‍♂️.....'cept mine's been rattling since new (very low) always thought it was a heat shield so never really bothered with it. Now that I've removed the cat it's twice as loud if not more, but like you said only when you let off the throttle. I even went as far as cutting open both ends of the muffler in search of the rattle and looks like it's just the muffler/screen mesh tacked to the inner walls that is rattling from factory 🤦‍♂️ I closed everything back up and like you I'm now looking into something different 🤷‍♂️.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Robo, I have the exact same phucking rattle too 🤦‍♂️.....'cept mine's been rattling since new (very low) always thought it was a heat shield so never really bothered with it. Now that I've removed the cat it's twice as loud if not more, but like you said only when you let off the throttle. I even went as far as cutting open both ends of the muffler in search of the rattle and looks like it's just the muffler/screen mesh tacked to the inner walls that is rattling from factory 🤦‍♂️ I closed everything back up and like you I'm now looking into something different 🤷‍♂️.

I never paid much attention to the before. But it bugs me now :p

This is what is currently on my radar when it comes back in stock.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I never paid much attention to the before. But it bugs me now :p

This is what is currently on my radar when it comes back in stock.

Yeah I seen when you posted that. I might dive back into mine after this weekend. I think I'm going to make somt'n similar to that and see how it works out ......all depends on how it sounds and acts after I ride this weekend. If it's not terrible I'll give it some more time and do some more searching.

Only thing that I don't like about that set up is that it's a straight shot into the pipes if you're submerged and water happens to get in there 😕 the way the stock muffler is water would have to travel quite a bit just to make it past the muffler itself.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I seen when you posted that. I might dive back into mine after this weekend. I think I'm going to make somt'n similar to that and see how it works out ......all depends on how it sounds and acts after I ride this weekend. If it's not terrible I'll give it some more time and do some more searching.

Only thing that I don't like about that set up is that it's a straight shot into the pipes if you're submerged and water happens to get in there 😕 the way the stock muffler is water would have to travel quite a bit just to make it past the muffler itself.

You make a good point I had not previously considered. Do you happen to know if you can purchase an exhaust neck that fits our machines?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Disconnected: 07-31-23

We had a small delay and did not make it to Drummond until Tuesday. We left Monday morning and slept in Holland Michigan. We had an early start on Tuesday and we were fishing on the island Tuesday night. We have relaxed in the mornings so far and fished each afternoon til dark. This morning on Thursday we took the pioneer north to the fossil ledges and fished again. So far the best catch has been a 24" pike by my brother in law. We don't have very good cell service and the days thus far have been packed so I haven't had a chance to update. We plan to fish again tomorrow.

20230803 142523 Polish 20230803 232344608

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Blowout: 08-09-23

The right rear tire blew out today on the way home. It looks like maybe something gashed the inside of the tire. We were on our way home on the blacktop Johnswood Rd after a quick pre trip to marblehead. We were right before Beaver's rental and we pulled in. We asked the guy if it was alright if we put the spare on in his driveway and he said that was fine.

@Adam490 @Scoop
My wife and I officially learned how to raise and lower the farm jack!

I am looking into the Interco Sniper 920 as new replacements.

I didn't get very good pictures. I was focused on getting home so we could fish. The wheel was basically on the ground. The tire is destroyed. The inside of the wheel looks like it peeled as well. I will get some better pictures at some point.
20230809 180739 20230809 183947

Last edited:
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Back To The Grind: 08-16-23

We are back home and it is back to work. We had a great time and we were able to introduce family members to new things. We did a ton of fishing and ended up with 3 pike and a few perch. We hung out at the soo for a day of shopping and HIGHLY recommend Sugar Daddy if you are in the mood for ice cream. We ventured to Mackinac Island and enjoyed the amenities there. We kayaked a bit as well. The steering cable on the pontoon broke while we were south of harbor. I used my bait pliers to disconnect the motor from the steering cable and I hung off the back and moved the engine to steer while my wife worked the throttle to get us back home. We celebrated my sister-in-law's 21st birthday. We put some good miles on the pioneer. All in all the vacation went well. I am very unmotivated to get back to work today.

The brother-in-law tieing up the boat
20230814 163811

We went down and up Marble Head. My sister-in-law refused to ride down or up it so my wife walked it with her. My brother-in-law seemed excited to rise it.
20230813 185525

20230813 192947

Loaded back up to head home
20230814 164055

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!