P500 The Roll Cage works!

T

TomB985

Dec 27, 2014
Hi everyone. I don't post on here that often, but I thought you guys might be interested. This week my family had a trip planned a trip to ride the trails in northern NH. VERY impressive trail system that would keep any of us busy for weeks. Sadly we didn't have that much time, but we did have a great time for the days we spent up there.

On Tuesday my mom was riding behind me in her P5 with my 3-year-old niece on the way back to the hotel. It's a straight and flat rail trail, so I rode ahead while she took her time. On the way down there was a dump truck coming the opposite way on the trail. I pulled off to the right and let him by and continued on my way. Got to the trailhead and got a phone call that something had happened but everyone was okay, so I quickly rode back to find this:

2015 07 142011584820HDR zpsty1ypq0j

2015 07 1420115854 zpsnyhkuy0u

My mom and Jessica were sitting on the side of the trail, a little freaked out by the whole thing. She tried pulling over to let the truck by and didn't see the dropoff. After unbuckling the child and helping her up she had the presence of mind to shut the engine off before climbing out.

Myself and another rider were able to winch it out easily by the top of the roll cage.

2015 07 1420120747 zps7erijb2u

From what we can tell there was no damage to the machine at all. Starts, runs, and drives just fine with no issues. We were really impressed, if they were on a quad it may have been really ugly!

T

TomB985

Dec 27, 2014
AND to add insult to injury, I flipped it on the other side later on that day playing around. I was doing donuts on some loose ground and it got away from me. I felt it coming up so I tried to stop, and ended up being perched at a 45-degree angle for a few seconds before it tipped over. Almost saved it!

2015 07 1420164823 zpsknasisfu

I calmly shut the motor off, climbed out, and a friend helped me stand it back up. This time a few scratches to the roll cage, but otherwise no damage. These things are TOUGH!

Reactions: Hondasxs
M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
WOW I would have pooped my pants,glad to hear everyone was ok.Thats the main reason i widend mine. Here where i ride in Mississippi we don't have an 50" law.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
WOW I would have pooped my pants,glad to hear everyone was ok.Thats the main reason i widend mine. Here where i ride in Mississippi we don't have an 50" law.
thats why my wife insisted on s SXS over a ATV for me. I almost flipped it, almost. Im sure in time it will topple

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
AND to add insult to injury, I flipped it on the other side later on that day playing around. I was doing donuts on some loose ground and it got away from me. I felt it coming up so I tried to stop, and ended up being perched at a 45-degree angle for a few seconds before it tipped over. Almost saved it!

I calmly shut the motor off, climbed out, and a friend helped me stand it back up. This time a few scratches to the roll cage, but otherwise no damage. These things are TOUGH!

Why I want a roll cage for babycreek

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

There is a thread on here about removing door nets, but with your luck I think we all would agree we would like to see you leave yours on!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bobbyhill

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!