Thinking about getting a new truck...

J

JTW

I would have liked the 3.5, but most were out of my price range unless I gave up a lot of options. The 2.7 is supposedly designed to handle the boost like the 6.7 diesel.

I’m really happy with it. Feels much more responsive and powerful than my 5.0. Haven’t driven the 3.5 though.
If you’re happy and you like it... don’t drive a or run with a 3.5! Lol.. @Ragnar406

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you’re happy and you like it... don’t drive a or run with a 3.5! Lol.. @Ragnar406
Hey, I like my 2.7 (2015) but your right it is not designed to keep up with you running 85 in sport gear towing a Honda (while your Honda is on aluminum trailer) on back country roads .... nor am I designed that way lol.
It is a peppy as the 2012 gen 1 3.5 EB that I had

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
Its definitely not a flaw of the truck. I drive like an a$$hole loaded or not. I did front breaks at about 45k and rear at 60k. As for tires I prefer the Goodyear duratrax. They wear well even with hard driving and burnouts. I love the truck but I call it my Prius. The suspension is soft it rides well but the other side of that nice ride means the truck is sloppy when loaded. It stops well has plenty of power but I would happily have given up some of the comfort for usability. The 2016 leaves me with a need for a heavier truck as you said pulling at the rated weight can get out of hand. I've made my peace with cooking down the interstate at 3-5k rpm to run 80mph and the truck doesn't seem to mind it so until I kill it I can't complain. I keep 3/4 ton and ton trucks for any heavy hauling. I will say I've come to hate my 01 GMC for the electronic issues its began to have and want to go back to something simple for my main tow rig.

they have alot better control if you change the shocks to kyb gas adjust, really make a world of difference in unloaded and very heavy trailer control. and they also ride good on the bad back roads we have a lot of around here. ive tryed alot of others and that is a decent middle of the road, alot are too stiff and too loose when towing. i also have air bags but they dont make as much of a difference as the shocks and most of the time i dont use it, especially with the camper and load bars, only time they are used really is the tractor and 2000 utility trailer with no bars

J

JTW

Hey, I like my 2.7 (2015) but your right it is not designed to keep up with you running 85 in sport gear towing a Honda (while your Honda is on aluminum trailer) on back country roads .... nor am I designed that way lol.
It is a peppy as the 2012 gen 1 3.5 EB that I had
Lol.. you should hook onto the enclosed and try that!

Reactions: Plumber32
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t think so.. it maybe not I’m thinking of the tunes video.

Since we last compared the two in 2015 when we posted a dyno comparison chart of the two engines in a 2015 Ford F-150. The results were quite amazing with the 2.7 EcoBoost (had 325 hp and 375 tq) not too far behind the 3.5 EcoBoost (had 365 hp and 420 tq from 2011 through 2016).

We concluded that the 2.7 was the best engine for a daily driver and the 3.5 was the best for towing as it stays out of boost more for better fuel economy thanks to its larger displacement.

I think the gap between the two was widened for the 2019 models. the 2.7 does spool up the boost quicker and may be way plumber said what he did

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Since we last compared the two in 2015 when we posted a dyno comparison chart of the two engines in a 2015 Ford F-150. The results were quite amazing with the 2.7 EcoBoost (had 325 hp and 375 tq) not too far behind the 3.5 EcoBoost (had 365 hp and 420 tq from 2011 through 2016).

We concluded that the 2.7 was the best engine for a daily driver and the 3.5 was the best for towing as it stays out of boost more for better fuel economy thanks to its larger displacement.

I think the gap between the two was widened for the 2019 models. the 2.7 does spool up the boost quicker and may be way plumber said what he did
I’m not knocking the 2.7 it’s a great ladies truck!

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
all the ladies i know want what ever is fastest regardless. i know quite a few that have trucks, wifes one friend had a hemi dodge for a while but she said she got sick of fixing it, now she has a 6.2 chev 2500, she said she likes being fast and tall. the wife when i met her she had a 80 monte that was all hot rodded up and an 80s square body she drove during the winter and stuff, then she got a bonniville ssei, just as fast as the monte if you dont know, now she has a lucerne that has the same engine. and she drives my avalanche when the snow is too bad, you wont see any mommy vans or tall wagons here, the lucerne has plenty of room for kid stuff, and twice the power of the big stupid 4cyl suvs, and she uses it all the time way more than guys i know

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’m not knocking the 2.7 it’s a great ladies truck!
Some ladies don’t even need the automatic, remote start, climate control,parking assist, gps or Ac/heated butt massagers;)
E9EA9425 CE62 4798 82C5 5BF61F650FB0

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I like how you left the C and P visible when you colored over the plate ;)
I thought that pretty cool for issued plates, the rest are numbers. Only b**** is they are Washington, makes us appear liberal in Idaho

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This is my wife's state issued plate. People are always honking and taking pictures of it...

View attachment 154579
How in the heck did that make it through?! I’d bet that gets a LOT of attention. Have people following you home for the party

Reactions: Mudwing
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
How in the heck did that make it through?! I’d bet that gets a LOT of attention. Have people following you home for the party
I said the same thing, lol. I forget about it until we are going somewhere and I'll see a crowd of hippies hurriedly trying to take a selfie when it's parked at the gas station or grocery store.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
one more impressive thing(to me) about the wife, all my trucks and jeeps and most of my cars were all manual till i got the avalanche i have now, and when we went out with the jeep she would(better plan if im drinking) always drive back, quite a bit faster than me most times

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just saw info on RAM eco diesels catching fire, electrical issue??.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
all later dodge wiring is undersized. the one dodge i paid for with my own money new and the first year the fog light circuit burned up i had to run my own wires and relay to get it work before one year and 50k, pretty under engineered for everything

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!