Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If you go to the Big Horn site they rate them as 6 ply, but I have busted one of the fronts, I think it was the lose nut behind the wheels fault.
I'm going to put some wear on them and go to 8 ply / wheels, I have scared my wheels already, I'm going to go with a less aggressive tread and wheels that don't stick out past the tires, like the front stock wheels do. This thing is crazy, I ride NWA Mill Creek, White Rock Mountain area and can do most trails in turf mode, thus less aggressive tread pattern.

Reactions: moparornocar
J

JTW

If you go to the Big Horn site they rate them as 6 ply, but I have busted one of the fronts, I think it was the lose nut behind the wheels fault.
Lol I can totally relate with the nut comment. Wierd bout the ply rating thing. I've searched eBay and couldn't find any 4ply tires for sale from them. Maybe typo when they were molding them? Anyways, they do have a soft sidewall. Too soft for my riding. My 8ply Evos have brick walls for sidewalls. At 8psi with me in it they stand tall lol. I've had great luck with my Honda split windshield. I've broken several branches with it. Nothing like what I've put that roof through though. That is an extremely well made roof! I have bulldozed countless leaning trees with it. Yeah I'm a warranty's worse nightmare lol.
You're both right... aftermarket bighorns are 6ply but factory Honda bighorns are 4ply.. I'm sure it's a money thing for Honda not to mention it's less weight, so better stock performance with a lighter tire.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You're both right... aftermarket bighorns are 6ply but factory Honda bighorns are 4ply.. I'm sure it's a money thing for Honda not to mention it's less weight, so better stock performance with a lighter tire.
They make for an alright street tire too lol. I've put several hundred on mine this summer with very little wear detected. My Evos are more ply, thicker, much larger lugs. They have waaay less miles but show alot of damage lol. My new HD6 rims had gouges less than 24hrs after mounting. Beauty marks as I call them. If that was true, my rig is gorgeous lol

J

JTW

They make for an alright street tire too lol. I've put several hundred on mine this summer with very little wear detected. My Evos are more ply, thicker, much larger lugs. They have waaay less miles but show alot of damage lol. My new HD6 rims had gouges less than 24hrs after mounting. Beauty marks as I call them. If that was true, my rig is gorgeous lol
Did you put the same size on all 4?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You mean clearance wise? I've lost a bead and used a front deluxe on my rear with no problem. I honestly didn't pay any attention to clearance or how it even looked. Just thankful I remembered to bring a spare lol

Reactions: JTW and sharp
J

JTW

You mean clearance wise? I've lost a bead and used a front deluxe on my rear with no problem. I honestly didn't pay any attention to clearance or how it even looked. Just thankful I remembered to bring a spare lol
I meant for actual running as to be able to rotate them.. looks and function.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I wonder why the after market Big Horns have the same ID as factory?

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You see any issue with going with stock deluxe front wheels on the rear?

Maybe use the wide rear tires front and rear. These machines are too heavy and powerful for those skinnies all the way around in my opinion.

I did like Delton and used 5-2 wheels and 30x10-14 at all 4 corners. It will cover you in mud if you don't get the extended flares.

Reactions: Tigermark and JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!