Thinking of trading

J

JTW

One more thing when I was travelling via Kentucky, I thought (being always hungry and for sure naive foreign student :), that KFC is the best in the state of origin - Kentucky , I was wrong :(.
Bhahaha.. yeah, some of them are pretty sketchy!

Reactions: Plumber32
R

rmk700

Mar 6, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try all you can to keep your 500 plus get the 1000-5. Maybe look used or hold off on accessories.

I was going to trade in my little Rubicon 500 and man am I glad I didn't. Just sometimes I need that little guy.

J

JTW

Try all you can to keep your 500 plus get the 1000-5. Maybe look used or hold off on accessories.

I was going to trade in my little Rubicon 500 and man am I glad I didn't. Just sometimes I need that little guy.
That's just it.. I'd rather have a 4 wheeler if it's just me or I'm in and out of tight woods

Reactions: CumminsPusher
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's a great idea. I've got a Polaris Sportsman if you're interested. I'll sell it to you very cheeeeaap and I'll even include a tow strap for free.

I dont need ATV :), offer to JTW.

Are we going to meet this winter lets say for a ski trip at Whitefish and plan a ride for 2017????

Reactions: JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was offfering it to him. I don't won't it to go to someone I like...just kidding JTW!
I did give up ski/boarding years ago when my kids weren't interested but ya wtf why haven't we figured a ride in yet?!?! If you could get up that far it wouldn't be to bad at all! Not too many of us this way. I'd love to ride with ya we could test out the new legs on yours!

Reactions: JTW and solrus
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Deal ! Will stay in touch!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

J

JTW

From what was mentioned a little while back, the November announcement was not going to include SxS's. They're probably behind on getting the revisions ready for production on the P1K.
Well crap!

advertisement
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I'd like to add a sport quad 400ex for that sport thriller factor. Maybe you could do the same. Also look at them Terxy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm still running my half, but only because I haven't built a full windshield yet. I honestly don't think there are going to be any major changes to the 17 that you can't add later on, plus you can take the difference with the rebates in the 16 and upgrade to the deluxe model. And not to contradict anybody else, but Ive had mine for a year almost and haven't found a situation yet where the stock bighorns were inadequate
The big Horns are actually 6 ply

Reactions: moparornocar
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That made it tough to add anything! Pretty much what Plummer mentioned will be a great start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depends on your budget, priority wise I think a skid plate/a arms guards are #1, I run Trail Armor system. # 2 winch, #3 full roof, # 4 half wind shield, I would break a full. #5 bed liner.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The 2.0s that came on my deluxe are 4ply according to the sidewall info. That's why they are my street tires lol. Too many rocks where I ride.
If you go to the Big Horn site they rate them as 6 ply, but I have busted one of the fronts, I think it was the lose nut behind the wheels fault.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you go to the Big Horn site they rate them as 6 ply, but I have busted one of the fronts, I think it was the lose nut behind the wheels fault.
Lol I can totally relate with the nut comment. Wierd bout the ply rating thing. I've searched eBay and couldn't find any 4ply tires for sale from them. Maybe typo when they were molding them? Anyways, they do have a soft sidewall. Too soft for my riding. My 8ply Evos have brick walls for sidewalls. At 8psi with me in it they stand tall lol. I've had great luck with my Honda split windshield. I've broken several branches with it. Nothing like what I've put that roof through though. That is an extremely well made roof! I have bulldozed countless leaning trees with it. Yeah I'm a warranty's worse nightmare lol.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!