P1000 Tie Rod HELP.

THEDUKE_SXS

THEDUKE_SXS

Apr 25, 2022
FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good Morning Everyone. Hopefully, someone out here can help me. I have a 2020 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe with the SuperATV 6" lift. So I had a local shop here sold me my lift kit and tires etc... They sold me different tie rod arms instead of using the SuperATV tie rods that came with the lift kit. The problem I am running into is the inner tie rods he is having trouble getting and can't remember what they came off of. So..... I have one broken one and he was able to source one for me. But I am going to have issues the next time this happens, so I want to have a backup plan. I know I can change the arms out but I would rather just find the inner tie rods if I can. No part numbers listed on them anywhere either. I have attached pictures of the tie rod, and the inner tie rod. The Inner Tie Rod End that goes into the steering arm threads are M12 X 1.25. The Threads on the other side are 9/16 Fine. If anyone has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated.

IMG 0049 IMG 0039 1 IMG 0040 1 IMG 0038 1

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
They sold me different tie rod arms instead of using the SuperATV tie rods that came with the lift kit.
Why dont you use the SATV ones?
Hopefully he gave them to you? They came with the kit u pd for.

The ones in the pics I think you have to but the whole thing if Im correct? @HondaTech might be able to explain that for ya.

THEDUKE_SXS

THEDUKE_SXS

Apr 25, 2022
FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why dont you use the SATV ones?
Hopefully he gave them to you? They came with the kit u pd for.

The ones in the pics I think you have to but the whole thing if Im correct? @HondaTech might be able to explain that for ya.
Oh I probably will end up doing that, just hated to buy them. No he used these arms and inner tie rods instead of the SuperATV ones. He claimed he did not like the superatv tie rods because they were breaking all the time from what he had seen and these were stronger. I know he did this setup on a few machines and someone told him about it, so was just hoping someone else out there knew what these were LOL.

Reactions: CID and Remington
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh I probably will end up doing that, just hated to buy them. No he used these arms and inner tie rods instead of the SuperATV ones. He claimed he did not like the superatv tie rods because they were breaking all the time from what he had seen and these were stronger. I know he did this setup on a few machines and someone told him about it, so was just hoping someone else out there knew what these were LOL.
Any reason you can’t ask the guy that made those claims and did it this way?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I know he did this setup on a few machines
Sorry to keep quoting you, just trying to sort some things out cuz @SuperATV stuff is typically good and they stand behind it or will look into stuff and make corrections if u talk to them. Weve done a few on here.
Question, what machines Honda P1’s, all types or didn't specify?
BTW Poo Poo Fire Traps are….
Cant say the word P..O..L..A..R..I..S 🤢 😂

THEDUKE_SXS

THEDUKE_SXS

Apr 25, 2022
FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry to keep quoting you, just trying to sort some things out cuz @SuperATV stuff is typically good and they stand behind it or will look into stuff and make corrections if u talk to them. Weve done a few on here.
Question, what machines Honda P1’s, all types or didn't specify?
BTW Poo Poo Fire Traps are….
Cant say the word P..O..L..A..R..I..S 🤢 😂
LOL no worries. I don't know why he didn't use them. I went from a "Poo Poo Fire Traps" to a Honda lol. I didn't know any better at the time. That is just what he was saying that the Superatv inner tie rods bend and break easy? I don't know this first hand, just what he said. I was just trying to avoid spending the money to buy the correct bars from Superatv, but I know that is the best solution.

THEDUKE_SXS

THEDUKE_SXS

Apr 25, 2022
FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He had done this on a few P1000 P1000-5 for a few years now. He started out using the Superatv ones originally but switched to these.

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I went from a "Poo Poo Fire Traps" to a Honda lol. I didn't know any better at the time
Thats ok, Ive owned a few Poo Poo’s in my time. Mostly quads and Snowmobiles. Just sold my last Poo Poo sled a few weeks ago.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
@metallucblue68 Sounds like everything he touches breaks! 🤣 Kidding.
Just get those original tie rods from our kit put on there. You'll always know how to get in touch with me if you break something. Sounds like the ones he's using are breaking as well. Not sure why, but at least with ours....you'll know how to get in touch with me if you need me.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@metallucblue68 Sounds like everything he touches breaks! 🤣 Kidding.
Just get those original tie rods from our kit put on there. You'll always know how to get in touch with me if you break something. Sounds like the ones he's using are breaking as well. Not sure why, but at least with ours....you'll know how to get in touch with me if you need me.
☝️☝️☝️☝️THIS☝️☝️☝️☝️

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Good Morning Everyone. Hopefully, someone out here can help me. I have a 2020 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe with the SuperATV 6" lift. So I had a local shop here sold me my lift kit and tires etc... They sold me different tie rod arms instead of using the SuperATV tie rods that came with the lift kit. The problem I am running into is the inner tie rods he is having trouble getting and can't remember what they came off of. So..... I have one broken one and he was able to source one for me. But I am going to have issues the next time this happens, so I want to have a backup plan. I know I can change the arms out but I would rather just find the inner tie rods if I can. No part numbers listed on them anywhere either. I have attached pictures of the tie rod, and the inner tie rod. The Inner Tie Rod End that goes into the steering arm threads are M12 X 1.25. The Threads on the other side are 9/16 Fine. If anyone has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 379817 View attachment 379818 View attachment 379819 View attachment 379820
They look similar to the ones from TTC, but at this point if you gotta buy'm I'd just go ahead and get the @SuperATV set and be done with it.

My 2 cents..

THEDUKE_SXS

THEDUKE_SXS

Apr 25, 2022
FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I've got no idea whose stuff that is.
My Inner Tie Rod Broke off in the Steering Arm. I have tried every trick to remove the broken part out. It did not break off flush, and I have tried four different easy outs that grabbed hard, but would not come out. So I am going to have to replace the steering arm out of it. Sorry long story short. Can I replace just that part instead of the entire steering piece? I have a a spare one someone gave me from a honda they were parting out.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@metallucblue68 Sorry to ask, do u have a pic of this?
Just want to see exactly where its got u stumped.

I believe thats one piece if its what I think ur talking about

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Wait.. Shut the front door!
Just realized, @metallucblue68 are u asking about the same thing as the beginning of this thread? Meaning, u still haven't got it fixed?

THEDUKE_SXS

THEDUKE_SXS

Apr 25, 2022
FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wait.. Shut the front door!
Just realized, @metallucblue68 are u asking about the same thing as the beginning of this thread? Meaning, u still haven't got it fixed?
No I haven't had any luck removing the broken bolt from the inner tie rod from the steering arm. And I haven't had a lot of time to work on it right now.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Put a large crescent wrench on the jamb nut and strike the handle with another wrench a couple of times. You don't even need to vice up the rod to loosen it, the impact does the work.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!