Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Another nice unit I've been looking at for a bit and finally pulled the trigger and ordered is a tpms. They continually check your tire pressure and will warn you if your tires get to low or even to high if you're riding on pavement. Even if your alignment gets off you'll know as it heats up tires and pressures go up. Always know at a quick glance. It'll flash if out of the right areas. Will definitely save on tire life and especially on heavy ply tires that don't look flat. The display is the size of the switches that a lot of us use but there are multiple different styles to buy all around the same money even solar ones or ones that simply plug into the cigarette lighter and have no cords. All you do is place a unit(that lasts up to five years in a car, I assume drastically longer in a utv but some do have replaceable batteries) in each tire. Really easy for people already replacing tires. Food for thought! It's a cheap cool way to be safe and save on those tires. One less thing to check for those anal folk one less tool to carry, easy hook up and safety goes up

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
And I thought I would never fill my 10 position switch plate...
Either one of these you don't have to. Shoot you don't even need to wire. Just screw on valve caps and plug it in or double back it. I ordered the other set though it'll work better for me. More toys for our second wife:)

Reactions: ghost and Hometeam
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Are the pressure alarm levels adjustable and or how low PSI do these actually read? Most of use will be 15 PSI or below, meaning if it is going to flash at you low pressure for being under 20 PSI that may be distracting, but maybe I am overthinking it. Cool idea though.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Are the pressure alarm levels adjustable and or how low PSI do these actually read? Most of use will be 15 PSI or below, meaning if it is going to flash at you low pressure for being under 20 PSI that may be distracting, but maybe I am overthinking it. Cool idea though.
Some are fully adjustable and will read down to 1psi. There are multiple different setups and it would be best if someone were to read the info before they buy but I tend to do lots of "homework " on my own before I buy and sometimes get burned but just not very often anymore as I can't really afford to make mistakes.if someone just looks through the description it'll explain everything on the unit. That is why I gave a couple examples and there are multiple styles and choices to be had. Type in tpms kit and read a bit. I chose this particular one because it's size and shape of the display. I do believe this one does flash as a factory preset but that doesn't bother me because it's going to be mounted in my lower control panel. I do agree with under 20psi I only ran 4 in my 700 but those were 8 ply this unit I'm at 10. With that being said this is a suggestion based off a unit that does work well in my motorhome so I'm going to try on my baby. Sometimes people have to realize that truly building something requires research ideas some cash ability to fabricate and design and most importantly personality. Bolt on parts are just that but finding something you want building to your specifications and making it look factory is priceless. Weve had problems on many different orvs with tires and I'm sure mine will be first with tpms but I think it's a fix to one of my b****es. I hate absolutely hate having to go through any rig checking things out each ride or even often. I work full time m-f and we take 1/3 of the year off in the woods with many different orvs and I like to think there is a better way to many problems and I've been cursed with a very busy mind:)

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey @CumminsPusher, how did the TPMS work? I always thought this would be cool and useful.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey @CumminsPusher, how did the TPMS work? I always thought this would be cool and useful.

Well...lol. It was mixed. I got the screw on to stem style and it worked pretty well but the one I got didn't have an adjustable warning so the numbers were always flashing. It took a little to deal with that but did get use to it and liked it. Shortly after that I yarded a stem out in the sticks and I'm sure it was because of the reader on the stem. So...
I'll most likely do it again but I'll spend a little more and get and adjustable unit with in tire monitors. I honestly liked it for the little I had it and think it's a great idea but blew 100 bucks on a cheap unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's been on my to-do list for over a year now since you made this original post.

I'll do some research too and see what I come up with.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's been on my to-do list for over a year now since you made this original post.

I'll do some research too and see what I come up with.

I've found a couple that have a fully adjustable warning (most are only within a range and do not allow for single digits) and you need the in tire monitors, they are more accurate anyways.
It did work but with the thread on monitors they were +/~ 2pounds which gives you good idea especially after you understand where they are at but the in tires are closer.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's a great idea. It never occurred to me to use one on my sxs but I can see the advantages. As you mentioned, 8ply doesn't really show being a few pounds low. I'll put one on my list.

advertisement
Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would think the screw on cap style would take a beating out in the bush.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you planning to install on board inflation system to change pressures in your tires?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
TPMS on these machines or any type of quad doesn't make a lot of sense to me. TPMS sensors were developed to monitor high pressure tires that were much more critical to air pressure to maintain better mileage and tire wear.
Low pressure tires like those on SxS and quads can run all day long on low or even zero air pressure. Running these tires when they are a few pounds low won't change your mileage or tire wear like a high pressure tire. I think these would be more of a novelty item then something actually useful.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes , unless u have bigger low pressure tires, and need to deflate them for swamps and the inflate again with CTIS. Some machines use exhaust gas to inflate tires like "Sherp".

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!