P500 Tired of waiting on the pioneer 520

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Are there any good competitors to to the Pioneer 520?

Is there anyone who makes something similar with an actual transmission and not a belt?

Reactions: ChadD
Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
I just got mine last Wed, ordered it Nov.9th. I'm in Eastern Ontario Canada. Our local dealer is one of the biggest Pioneer dealers and was able to get two 520's in for mid Jan. Has six more presold but won't see all of them until at least end of March. I've only put 126 km's on it so far, two trail rides in the snow and one plowing session. The trail ride on Sunday was 70km's and we had a blast, so far very happy with it. Love the box, put gas, chainsaw and cooler bag in it and off we went. Stock tires worked well on the trails and for plowing.

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Cool aerolite, how does it ride over the bumps? Smooth or pretty stiff?
The bumps on the trails I was on are not that bad, also alot of sand whoops, plus add in the snow and it was a fairly smooth ride. I had about 30 pounds in the box, plus two of us. I did get into one section that I know was rockier with lots of roots, albeit hidden under the snow. This section was a fair bit bumpier for sure but the 520 soaked it up quite well. Only having limited mileage so far, I have a lot to explore suspension wise yet. I did hit one good depression on the trail at a good clip and we got quite the jolt out of that one, think I hit the front limit but it was still bearable, the wife let out a good yelp though, lol.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Your main problem right now is the main import shipping port in Long Beach. Ships arriving from Japan are held up in the harbor for 3 to 5 days before getting unloaded. Then, once unloaded, it takes another week to get the freight out of the dock area. 2 ~ 5 days for Customs, then finally shipment to your dealer. Not at all surprised by Aerolite's dealer's response of not getting anymore till March.

One of my riding buddies is trying to buy a Talon, but all the Honda dealers in our immediate area cannot even commit to a delivery date if he puts a deposit down. He found a large - Honda only dealer in the Detroit area that tells him they are a high-volume Talon sales dealer, so as soon as they report one sold, Honda automatically ships them another one. Still, he is looking at 6 weeks to get one, once on the dealer's "list".

So hang tight, it will be worth the wait.

Reactions: Jerryg
jroot327

jroot327

Nov 26, 2020
IL
Ownership

1. 500
I have a deposit on one ordered in the states(IL). By the sounds of it Canada got theirs in January as a couple have popped up on here, and I'm being told mine is getting delivered end of February. I called dealers all over and didn't find any that got allocated more than 1, and about half didn't get any.

Reactions: Jerryg and 500oneer
W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have a deposit on one ordered in the states(IL), and I'm being told mine is getting delivered end of February. I called dealers all over and didn't find any that got allocated more than 1, and about half didn't get any.

I committed to the first one at the local dealer here which is due in about a week so some US dealers should be getting at least one very soon.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Your main problem right now is the main import shipping port in Long Beach. Ships arriving from Japan are held up in the harbor for 3 to 5 days before getting unloaded. Then, once unloaded, it takes another week to get the freight out of the dock area. 2 ~ 5 days for Customs, then finally shipment to your dealer. Not at all surprised by Aerolite's dealer's response of not getting anymore till March.

One of my riding buddies is trying to buy a Talon, but all the Honda dealers in our immediate area cannot even commit to a delivery date if he puts a deposit down. He found a large - Honda only dealer in the Detroit area that tells him they are a high-volume Talon sales dealer, so as soon as they report one sold, Honda automatically ships them another one. Still, he is looking at 6 weeks to get one, once on the dealer's "list".

So hang tight, it will be worth the wait.
Aren’t the P500s made in SC? Don’t know about the 520s.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Are there any good competitors to to the Pioneer 520?

Is there anyone who makes something similar with an actual transmission and not a belt?
Unless you really want a tilting box, look at the reduced P500 price, and use the difference in money to get Power steering, a locker and make your own box, tool, box, etc. Those upgrades make a huge difference.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!