P1000 tires and wheels

Bryan 22

Bryan 22

Lifetime Member
Jan 8, 2014
Northern Indiana
This has probably been posted before but where is the best place to buy tires and wheels for the 1000?

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I used amazon. Shop around, i compaired about 10 different sites. Amazon was the cheapest on the tire i wanted, and was free shipping. Can find good deals on ebay too.

jguillot

jguillot

Jan 15, 2016
I got a deal on a set of 29.5x10x14 terminators. What would be the best size wheels? offset? spacers?

Last edited:
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I got a deal on a set of 29.5x10x14 terminators. What would be the best size wheels? offset? spacers?
5+2 offset in 14" of course since the tire is 14" lol.. I don't think you'll need spacers. I don't think anyone is making spacers yet.

jguillot

jguillot

Jan 15, 2016
5+2 offset in 14" of course since the tire is 14" lol.. I don't think you'll need spacers. I don't think anyone is making spacers yet.
Thanks for the response, what width would you go with?

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
A 5+2 offset is a 7" wide rim. 5 inches going from hub inwards and 2 inches going out from hub.

advertisement
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
That makes sense lol Thanks for clarifying.
5" inward from hub and 2" out from hub. So it will not throw up to much mud. You can also look at a 4+3 offset. 4" in 3" out that would be a little wider overall. Same size rim on each corner. So you'd order 4 rims the same. Make sure you get lugnuts and the right bolt pattern

jguillot

jguillot

Jan 15, 2016
5" inward from hub and 2" out from hub. So it will not throw up to much mud. You can also look at a 4+3 offset. 4" in 3" out. Same size rim on each corner. So you'd order 4 rims the same. Make sure you get lugnuts and the right bolt pattern
Thanks again! I'm not a fan of the skinny's on the front. They slide off into ruts while trying to straddle. Of course I noticed it got worse when the 1,3,5,R clutch started slipping. I spoke to Honda Of Hattiesburg today and they agreed to replace. I will bring the bike next week for new clutches.
I'm going to search for used wheels since these are temporary. I'm holding our for Portal gear boxes and 32's

Reactions: Tot and scott
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Thanks again! I'm not a fan of the skinny's on the front. They slide off into ruts while trying to straddle. Of course I noticed it got worse when the 1,3,5,R clutch started slipping. I spoke to Honda Of Hattiesburg today and they agreed to replace. I will bring the bike next week for new clutches.
I'm going to search for used wheels since these are temporary. I'm holding our for Portal gear boxes and 32's
I ain't 100% but I think the Yamaha rinho and maybe the Polaris SxS rims might fit the 1000. Double check that tho.

jguillot

jguillot

Jan 15, 2016
I ain't 100% but I think the Yamaha rinho and maybe the Polaris SxS rims might fit the 1000. Double check that tho.
I'll verify the 4/137 lug pattern. I found some adapter/spacer combos on ebay. Will they put added pressure on suspension or a-arms?

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I'll verify the 4/137 lug pattern. I found some adapter/spacer combos on ebay. Will they put added pressure on suspension or a-arms?
I think 1" or .5" spacers will be fine. Just check them every now and again for tightness. The spacer lug nuts.

Last edited:
jguillot

jguillot

Jan 15, 2016
Can you not run them tires on the stock rims?
Are the stock wheels the same size? I thought they were different. I like the idea of keeping the big horns mounted for riding around the house and in the camp grounds.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Are the stock wheels the same size? I thought they were different. I like the idea of keeping the big horns mounted for riding around the house and in the camp grounds.
There 14" not sure what offset tho. There probably not the 5+2 offset. Maybe 4+2 and rear 4+3.5 if there the same offset as the 700. I know there different bolt pattern and 14". Someone can chime in on there offset I'm sure. Them tires should fit on the stock rim I would think. They may rub in full turn.

jguillot

jguillot

Jan 15, 2016
There 14" not sure what offset tho. There probably not the 5+2 offset. Maybe 4+2 and rear 4+3.5 if there the same offset as the 700. I know there different bolt pattern and 14". Someone can chime in on there offset I'm sure. Them tires should fit on the stock rim I would think. They may rub in full turn.
Will the spacers and/or offset help reduce rubbing?

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I'm not sure. I know it will push them out a little, but will it be enough I can't say. You might need a lift to run 29.5" tires. I know 30" will not fit without a lift. So I'm almost inclined to say them 29.5 might not fit without a lift even if you used the spacer and 5+2 offset.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!