P500 Tires for P520

J

Janesy

Mar 15, 2021
Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
Picked up a pioneer 520 back in the summer. Deal is my wife gets it all summer and I get it for hunting all fall.

But immediately, the short coming of the stock tires became prevalent. The ground clearance is basically a wafer cracker. Shocks are still set at the lowest setting for the wife and kids to cruise around softly
Problem is my enclosed hunting trailer only clears the roll cage by 1.5". On the stocker which measure about 23.5" on the machine aired up to 12 psi for clearance

So I'm torn here. Do I...

1) buy some 25" ITP terracross tires and adjust the suspension up?

2) buy some 26" terracross tires and leave the suspension soft?

My kingquad runs ITP Blackwater evos and even tho they are the best tire I've ever owned, they were undersized by a complete inch . So I'm almost tempted to go 26 expecting the tips to be undersized.

Any advice. Aside from tire brand, I'm not looking for xyz brand recommendations, I can get the tips cheap

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Picked up a pioneer 520 back in the summer. Deal is my wife gets it all summer and I get it for hunting all fall.

But immediately, the short coming of the stock tires became prevalent. The ground clearance is basically a wafer cracker. Shocks are still set at the lowest setting for the wife and kids to cruise around softly
Problem is my enclosed hunting trailer only clears the roll cage by 1.5". On the stocker which measure about 23.5" on the machine aired up to 12 psi for clearance

My kingquad runs ITP Blackwater evos and even tho they are the best tire I've ever owned, they were undersized by a complete inch . So I'm almost tempted to go 26 expecting the tips to be undersized.

Any advice. Aside from tire brand, I'm not looking for xyz brand recommendations, I can get the tips cheap
I'm on my second set of ITP's, first set were Black Waters, second set are Terra Hooks, I liked the Black Waters a lot, The Terra Hooks work better for me as an all around tire, they love rocks! HA!

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Given you're situation, I would go with 25" tires and not risk the need for a new trailer, unless you are wanting an excuse to get a trailer, LOL. I would select a good all-around tire, because if the wife/family plans to use it a lot during the summer then you don't want something ripping up the lawn...

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X

Go 27s with whatever tire you like .

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Not sure what roof you have, but I went with the EMP metal roof because it adds less than 1/2" to overall height. I am running 26x9-12 Blackwater Evos still on stock shocks and overall height to highest part of roof is 72" as in photo. Not sure if there is any height difference between the 520 and 500 but I doubt it.
Hope this helps.
HOA

J

Janesy

Mar 15, 2021
Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
27's are definitely out of the question. I do not want to replace my trailer. It cost as much as the SxS. I love my black water, but man they run so short. On my king quad at 5 or 6 pounds they hardly break 26". They are more tire than I need. They are my favorite... But I also already have a rototiller haha!

I don't have a roof on the machine currently. When I got the machine in August or July, there were no accessories available in Canada.

25's are a safe bet, but I'm stuck, I'm not sure that's enough ground clearance. Bear hunting last week was pretty hard on the back for all the rocks it bounced over.
I guess worst case, the 26's would sell easier if they didn't fit in the trailer and I could go with 25's.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!